Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have a few empty bottles. A couple are failed recipes and I need to wash the bottles. The rest I need to remix and might do that tomorrow. Then I really need to get with some new recipes. I have several newish base flavors that I haven’t used a whole lot yet.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    I'm thinking I should go for a strawberry, raspberry, or blueberry cheesecake for my next mix. Is BCF still pumping out orders like usual? I might need to place an order after I peruse zazies tome of recipes.

Just the one I use. @dobroeutro helped me put this one together a while back ;

Cheesecake Graham Cracker Crust (TFA) - 4%
    New York Cheesecake (CAP) - 2%
    Vanilla Swirl (TFA) - 2%
    Marshmallow (TFA) - 1%

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Just the one I use. @dobroeutro helped me put this one together a while back ;

Cheesecake Graham Cracker Crust (TFA) - 4%
    New York Cheesecake (CAP) - 2%
    Vanilla Swirl (TFA) - 2%
    Marshmallow (TFA) - 1%
    Do you think I could substitute that vanilla swirl with vanilla bean ice cream? Otherwise I have all those ingredients!

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    My poor mother. Last night she noticed she didn't have any hot water. She was too tired to investigate then but this morning discovered her furnace wasn't working at all. My sister braved the cellar to see if she could identify the problem, and it turned out the hoses connected to the sump pump had sprung leaks and water was spraying directly on the furnace's motor. The repair guys have already come and gone, and it seems as though the furnace will be okay, but it was stress and worry that my old mum doesn't need. Or my tired sister, for that matter.

I think all of life's problems should be suspended till this pandemic business is over and done with. That can be arranged, right?
    Just a head's up. That busted hose is screaming at you with a very important warning. Go around her house and replace every water hose in her house with the steel braided kind. Even those get risky after 5 - 10 years. Get new. Toilets, sinks, wash machines, water heaters, refrigerator water dispensers, dishwashers, etc.... Biggest home insurance claim...busted water supply hoses. Probably $100 bucks or so to do the house and worth every penny.

@Bronze When I used up my bottle of cheesecake awhile back I mixed a plain raspberry cheesecake using INW and WF raspberry. I ended up really liking the mix and I’d like to try it with FA and FW Raspberry. Can you suggest percentages?
    I go 3% total (half FW and half FA). Go from there. 3% might even be too high.
    I tend to dump out a fair amount of liquid. If I mix a recipe and can’t like it after the first tank then I dump it. Life’s too short to vape bad tasting liquid.
    Agree 100% I don't vape crap. Down the drain it goes.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just a head's up. That busted hose is screaming at you with a very important warning. Go around her house and replace every water hose in her house with the steel braided kind. Even those get risky after 5 - 10 years. Get new. Toilets, sinks, wash machines, water heaters, refrigerator water dispensers, dishwashers, etc.... Biggest home insurance claim...busted water supply hoses. Probably $100 bucks or so to do the house and worth every penny.

Thank you

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA

I'll pass the suggestion on to my sister (she's in charge of these matters, poor thing).

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    OK... forget what I said about blueberry (here's a better idea)
    The "Blueberry Trinity":
    (FW) Blueberry 3-4%
    (TFA) Blueberry extra 2-3%
    (FA) Bilberry 0.5-1% (or replace this with (JF) Blueberry 1%)
    also add a bit of Lemon ;)
    This is almost identical to @PJReid's. Great minds, I guess.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    If they're too lazy to do the harder ones at least change the easy ones.
    The hoses in question are only attached to the sump pump. Pretty sure the only other hose in the house would be the one that goes to the washing machine.

And how dare you--I am the lazy person in my family. My sister is the opposite.

Reactions: hittman

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    The hoses in question are only attached to the sump pump. Pretty sure the only other hose in the house would be the one that goes to the washing machine.

And how dare you--I am the lazy person in my family. My sister is the opposite.
    They gottem if they have toilets n sinks. If they go in the woods for that then they aint gottem. :)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    The kids and Brit had lice when they lived in North Carolina and she continued to use a leave-in Rosemary spray until fairly recently. We ran out and no one bought any. We now have LOADS on hand and will use it religiously. Supposedly the critters don't like mint either. Maybe the Buttermint I vape kept them away from me. :)
    We should be super safe if buttermint works :lol:

• Agree
    Reactions: PJReid

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    That's what I get. Have you used it in mixes? Do you just add the powder or do you make a solution first?
    Haven't used it in mixes, mainly just in coffee. When adding to the coffee it's the first thing I add to the cup, the coffee second. Seems to mix in better that way. I imagine if you used it in a mix, a "microscopic" amount would suffice. The serving cup/spoon they include is minuscule enough, but you'd probably need like a 1/4 or 1/8th or less for a 30ml(I'm really not sure I'm just spewing out random numbers), I'm not sure how you would measure what to put in a mix, but I'm thinking a good scale would work well.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    There a lot of different ones. I prefer the stevia ones. I am not a big fan of the CAP super sweet. I base sweeteners on whether I like it in my iced tea.

I have been wanting to ask about stevia as a sweetener. I have a bottle that I bought for juice making, but I haven’t used it yet. I don’t like really sweet juices and have only used em one time in a butterscotch juice. I liked it but want to try the stevia too. Are there any hints or tips I should be aware of when using stevia?

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I used to use a lot of EM but started using cap super sweet for no better reason than it was called for in several recipes that I saw. I recently got a bottle of sugardaddy sweetener to try. I used it in one recipe but am waiting for it to steep.

I have been curious about sugar daddy too. I would love to know what you think of it when the steeping is done.

Users who are viewing this thread