Other times, I can barely see
Lately, it occurs to me
What a long, strange trip it's been

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
What a strange trip life is, and all the sights seen along the way, fiction is sometimes less of a stranger than reality. Oh well, that's how it goes I suppose. Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes the nail, and sometimes the wood. Oh, to be the hand... how would we even know if we were?

Anyway, hi random folk.

Over the last few years, I feel like I have been the nail. This year I think I have moved back up to being the hammer, it has been a big relief. :|

KAS

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Me 2... haven't tried the scale yet but it looks really nice.
Mixing the one-shot Water Malone tomorrow (should be interesting because I actually have a real watermelon to compare it too)
I am looking forward to trying the Water Malone myself. It sounds like it could be pretty good.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
I used to say all the time in college, "Give me five minutes and absolute power and I will sort it out."

Power corrupts, absolute power absolutely corrupts. Can't remember who that famous poster is or was (Was going to say original, but come on, has anything we say never been said, much less thought of before?). What I mean to say is, the hand can be small or large, or anything in between.

Power is a survival strategy/concept, maybe even an instinct. How much have we really evolved as Homo Sapiens, being? Are we just doing, stuck in a cycle without evolving, perhaps de-evolving, employing old strategies for survival from cell memory, yet dooming ourselves to eventual extinction?

So, how does a hand know it is a hand? Only by what it understands as real, all based on it's experiences and programming. I don't usually consider bacteria deaths as I'm breathing and exhaling, I also imagine world leaders think the same of me as an inconsiderate value in their plans via scale, and so on, and so forth, etc.

This is what I meant when I said 'sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes the nail, and sometimes the wood. Oh, to be the hand... how would we even know if we were?'
I guess we are always the hammer, the nail, the wood, and the hand. The only difference between them is our perspective.

Anything a man can achieve, another man of similar ability can also achieve. Reality is the best illusion that I have experienced so far. Consciousness sure is something special. :)

Not picking on you Anna. Just the drunken rambling thoughts of a sometimes madman, normally unexpressed. And yes random folks, I've been drinking whiskey, so I'll probably regret this tomorrow, but for now who cares.

Last edited:

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Hey Blitz... this is for you:
Truckin', like the do-dah man
Once told me, "You've got to play your hand"
Sometimes the cards ain't worth a dime
If you don't lay 'em down
Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me
Other times, I can barely see
Lately, it occurs to me
What a long, strange trip it's been
Love that song

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I can answer at least one of your questions. Lord Acton 1887::

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

But yeah, it's pithy. IDK I don't know if Winston Churchill was a bad man, but he sure had a way with words sometimes. LOL some chick said, "If I was your wife, I would poison your coffee."
He replied, "Madam. if you were my wife, I would drink it."

It makes me feel a little less bad about the ending of me and my husband's conversation this evening which explored many topics including "Can I take the heat?" and I was like, "Listen little hobbit, you are talking to a half Russian, half Australian chick. I can live on either pole or the equator."

Also, when I asked if he missed me, he said, "I was really busy." I was like, "Dude there is this emotional intelligence thing where you can be doing almost anything and sometimes you can feel oh, even MORE than two things at once.."
He was like, "Yeah, I've heard about it."
I was like "Okay well, l love you AND hate you, A-- a, a a, Asperger's boy."

Then I hung up but it was mainly because I have a few things left to do. Yes, he was being annoying but he also sounded tired.

We also decided a) henna can wait a week. I will be sweating constantly. It will bleed constantly. I really gotta get the purple paint OUT of that (most likely fiberglass tub) not add orange and life will suck ENOUGH.
b) Yes, the garbage can go out.
c) He forgot his bedding and would like it.

Other stuff like that. Only a bit more to go then bed, then wake, then THEN THEN HELL WEEK! It will be like being in a Fraternity or do they call that rush week? Who knows but I will be living it.

Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Just the drunken rambling thoughts of a sometimes madman, normally unexpressed. And yes random folks, I've been drinking whiskey, so I'll probably regret this tomorrow, but for now who cares.
Same here (I do try to go back and edit posts where I may have got a little wacky) but hey, it kinda slow on the forums right now so what the heck.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
'S all good (I say now a week after my bedtime, I mean an hour.) Like, I had do stuff for husband like stuff his bedding in my car trunk and I am ready for anything, in other words ready for NOTHING but it's gonna be what it will be. All there is to it.

Man I'm tired but I forgot my meds earlier. This should be a lovely start to a fantastic week, indeed. LOL.

I have written posts I should not have written, sober, should have gone back and edited them, and then NOT edited them and gotten in trouble.

So you know, you can have it your way Just like Burger King.

Anna

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Good morning, mixed up some strawberry biscotto before work. I have time and want to mix more stuff but I'm all out of bottles except for 120mls, plus I have about over 700ml of juice now, so I should be good for a while :lol: if I were to buy that much nic salt juice in a store at 30ml individually it would probably cost $300-400. Not sure what my costs were but probably the tiniest of tiny fraction of the 300-400.
Once I go through some 30ml bottles, I'll mix up some more I want to try or revisit. Can't mix em all I guess

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning, mixed up some strawberry biscotto before work. I have time and want to mix more stuff but I'm all out of bottles except for 120mls, plus I have about over 700ml of juice now, so I should be good for a while :lol: if I were to buy that much nic salt juice in a store at 30ml individually it would probably cost $300-400. Not sure what my costs were but probably the tiniest of tiny fraction of the 300-400.
    Once I go through some 30ml bottles, I'll mix up some more I want to try or revisit. Can't mix em all I guess
    I’ve tried to think of some kind of system. Mix X number of favorite mixes along with X number of new mixes per month. Didn’t work for me.I always mix too much

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

When I first started mixing, I added up the cost of ingredients and found that I was spending a few cents a ml mixing my own. I don't remember the exact number but that was before I started using 100mg nic and was using 36mg and was vaping at or around 24mg. I'm sure it's much cheaper now with the higher nic and I'm down to 12mg.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    When I first started mixing, I added up the cost of ingredients and found that I was spending a few cents a ml mixing my own. I don't remember the exact number but that was before I started using 100mg nic and was using 36mg and was vaping at or around 24mg. I'm sure it's much cheaper now with the higher nic and I'm down to 12mg.
    I never tried to figure that out but folks have been saying pennies on the dollar for year’s

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I never tried to figure that out but folks have been saying pennies on the dollar for year’s

I just did a rough calculation based on 46 per liter of nic, 20 per gallon of vg or pg, and average flavor cost of 2.50 for a 10ml bottle and using 10% flavor at my 12mg nic content, I'm coming out at about 3.6 cents per ml of diy. Of course the nic is the highest cost so if you're buying 100mg like me but vaping at a lower mg then your cost would be lower. I don't know much about salts but it wouldn't be hard to calculate it if one knew the cost and concentration.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, mixers.

Some time back I ran the calc's on unflavored, and that part - from 100 mg/ml down to 20 for my "working stock" it came out to around 82 cents for a 30 ml bottle. Seems to me the flavorings are the most "expensive" part, and, of course, highly variable. Of course, I might have punched a wrong calculator button somewhere, but somewhat consistent with other cost estimates I've seen.

Yep, lots cheaper and generally better :)

1849164.gif

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just did a rough calculation based on 46 per liter of nic, 20 per gallon of vg or pg, and average flavor cost of 2.50 for a 10ml bottle and using 10% flavor at my 12mg nic content, I'm coming out at about 3.6 cents per ml of diy. Of course the nic is the highest cost so if you're buying 100mg like me but vaping at a lower mg then your cost would be lower. I don't know much about salts but it wouldn't be hard to calculate it if one knew the cost and concentration.
    Maybe if you move the decimal point cause I know DIY 30ml doesn't cost $10.80.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Good morning I am going to get moving early (I slept pretty well especially for getting to bed late) and doing yoga before that check comes and I climb in my car and drive down into the caldera (I never know N or S drives the husband crazy) that is Tucson and enter hell. I'm talking altitude though this time so I am good. I'm fairly ready to go I mean, mostly. Once I drink my morning beverages I am gonna give that yoga thing a shot.

My hope is it arrives at like 3 that would be perfect. We'll see what happens. The husband said it was 106 yesterday. That's hot, but hardly a heat wave. He really had some ominous statements for me. I really hate to shovel and it sounds like he might want me to. I would much rather set weeds on fire but apparently it may be too hot to do that legally. I'm not sure that would stop me though....

I really just need to wake up first though.

Anna

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I did some translating for some Brits today,was only a couple hours and i was just going to charge them 10 euros per hour but they dropped 2x20's on me and refused when i said again it was only 20 euros.
    Guess they were happy with the service.

Well anyway,I'm going full citric!!

tenor.gif

Looked around in my friends vape shop website to see what aromas he had,saw 2 of them i liked so I'm putting them together and hope it comes out ok:

https://www.vegavapor.es/tienda/AROMA-FREEZY-ORANGE-p183178993

https://www.vegavapor.es/tienda/MIGOS-MOON-FLAVOUR-30ML-NASTY-JUICE-p181752577

Ill mix that with this:

https://www.vegavapor.es/tienda/PACK-BASE-Y-NIKOVAPS-3MG-MLG-70-30-TOTAL-200ML-p182311642

Still have half a bottle,about 5ml or so i think of that freshy,minty additive thingy,ill also put that in.
    Tomorrow morning I'll go and pick it up :)

Users who are viewing this thread