Random DIY mixing and More

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@Shadav that so sucks. I'm really sorry. I have thyroid disease too and like have been on natural thyroid replacement forever. My thyroid is totally suppressed, but oddly my T4 is on the lower side. Lithium can kill your thyroid and since my mom and sis both have issues, I was expecting them. It's been stable an awesome for about 10 years. I have no symptoms of ANYTHING like, over thyroid. Synthroid just did not agree with me

My "new" PCP unfortunately the ex work one, well she was a NUT on how Synthroid was the only way, and like she had had thyroid cancer and stuff and so she "knew it all." I actually wish she had not disclosed this, as otherwise like every new PCP I tell them to go lecture themselves.

However, since the off patent synthroid did some study that the brand name was better AND ALL OTHER THYROID THINGS are bad, well, good luck finding a PCP not shoving it at you. She was all, "You are going to die your TSH is too low." I was like, "Nope, it doesn't even matter on natural thyroid as long as everything balances out." Anyway since I had never had "Brand name" label Synthroid like, she convinced me. My TSH went TOTALLY in the toilet like 0.001 or something and my T3 or T4 or whatever, I forget was super high. I had all these weird symptoms of like thyroid stuff and I kept emailing her and she would be like, "Wait until the lab work (8 weeks away) and I was like "NOOOO this is not cool." I got my lab work after asking about a jillion staff if it was kosher and they said it was fine and gave it to me.

In the process of firing my PCP like I asked to be bridged to my old medication and like, she filled the wrong medication and then when I emailed her very STERNLY and was like "look do I need to take this higher up the chain?" (I meant her SUPRERVISOR or something) she filed a HIPPA report alleging I had gotten my own labwork inapproriately. I have never receieved a HIPPA report and the woman in charge of those was evil. I was such a mess I lost 4 days of time and well, bad things happened.

The head of the program was DYING for me to file a report against her because then THEY control the process but I was like, "Nope, not gonna happen."

I have 1--4 years to file various complaints with various departments but I doubt I will be unless something very strange happens, in which case I would consider it. I downloaded all my emails and kept everything because some of it was so blatantly WRONG.

AS IS CONCRETE OMG I felt like Rapunzel, shoveling that creepy stuff and like I am not a good shoveler either. The first thing that happened was the Husband telling me to pick up an 80 lb bag and I was like, "Do I look like an ant to you?" He was like "Huh?" and then I said, "I am a 110 lb woman there is no WAY." But then there was the ritualizing opening of them, the shoveling them into the concrete mixer while the husband was doing what HE was doing to make a pad and I was like, "This is PURE HELL." The husband did so much way more than me but I suppose I was slightly helpful. He gave me a shovel and the first thing I said after trying to get concrete into the mixer was, "Do you have something smaller?" I mean a spade would have been awesome but I had a shovel small enough that I could barely control its movement and we, together, made the pad.

Then I came in to like wash the lights and my husband was like "how can you be doing that?" I was like, "IDK maybe I don't overdo things. But I am tired now. Lunch at 1 pm and then I am putting the new toilet seat on because the husband will wait until Tuesday afternoon he is such a procrastinator.

Man though, more concrete to come tomorrow. Color me not impressed. I just picked up a soda bottle and it HURT. Not cool.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @Shadav that so sucks. I'm really sorry. I have thyroid disease too and like have been on natural thyroid replacement forever. My thyroid is totally suppressed, but oddly my T4 is on the lower side. Lithium can kill your thyroid and since my mom and sis both have issues, I was expecting them. It's been stable an awesome for about 10 years. I have no symptoms of ANYTHING like, over thyroid. Synthroid just did not agree with me

My "new" PCP unfortunately the ex work one, well she was a NUT on how Synthroid was the only way, and like she had had thyroid cancer and stuff and so she "knew it all." I actually wish she had not disclosed this, as otherwise like every new PCP I tell them to go lecture themselves.

However, since the off patent synthroid did some study that the brand name was better AND ALL OTHER THYROID THINGS are bad, well, good luck finding a PCP not shoving it at you. She was all, "You are going to die your TSH is too low." I was like, "Nope, it doesn't even matter on natural thyroid as long as everything balances out." Anyway since I had never had "Brand name" label Synthroid like, she convinced me. My TSH went TOTALLY in the toilet like 0.001 or something and my T3 or T4 or whatever, I forget was super high. I had all these weird symptoms of like thyroid stuff and I kept emailing her and she would be like, "Wait until the lab work (8 weeks away) and I was like "NOOOO this is not cool." I got my lab work after asking about a jillion staff if it was kosher and they said it was fine and gave it to me.

In the process of firing my PCP like I asked to be bridged to my old medication and like, she filled the wrong medication and then when I emailed her very STERNLY and was like "look do I need to take this higher up the chain?" (I meant her SUPRERVISOR or something) she filed a HIPPA report alleging I had gotten my own labwork inapproriately. I have never receieved a HIPPA report and the woman in charge of those was evil. I was such a mess I lost 4 days of time and well, bad things happened.

The head of the program was DYING for me to file a report against her because then THEY control the process but I was like, "Nope, not gonna happen."

I have 1--4 years to file various complaints with various departments but I doubt I will be unless something very strange happens, in which case I would consider it. I downloaded all my emails and kept everything because some of it was so blatantly WRONG.

AS IS CONCRETE OMG I felt like Rapunzel, shoveling that creepy stuff and like I am not a good shoveler either. The first thing that happened was the Husband telling me to pick up an 80 lb bag and I was like, "Do I look like an ant to you?" He was like "Huh?" and then I said, "I am a 110 lb woman there is no WAY." But then there was the ritualizing opening of them, the shoveling them into the concrete mixer while the husband was doing what HE was doing to make a pad and I was like, "This is PURE HELL." The husband did so much way more than me but I suppose I was slightly helpful. He gave me a shovel and the first thing I said after trying to get concrete into the mixer was, "Do you have something smaller?" I mean a spade would have been awesome but I had a shovel small enough that I could barely control its movement and we, together, made the pad.

Then I came in to like wash the lights and my husband was like "how can you be doing that?" I was like, "IDK maybe I don't overdo things. But I am tired now. Lunch at 1 pm and then I am putting the new toilet seat on because the husband will wait until Tuesday afternoon he is such a procrastinator.

Man though, more concrete to come tomorrow. Color me not impressed. I just picked up a soda bottle and it HURT. Not cool.

Anna
    I have been 110 lbs since 12 and yes, concrete sucks.

• Love
    Reactions: stols001

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    That is beautiful:wub: How big is it actually and what do you do with them?
    It's a bit smaller than a golf ball. They're just nice to look at I guess, most of them are currently at home in a wooden bowl on my coffee table. I have hundreds of smaller ones that I eventually someday plan on making into rings, earrings, necklaces with silver.
    I think the main thrill and joy of it all is finding them in the first place, and that thrill is another rabbit hole that's basically impossible to get out once you've gone in. Once you're an agate hunter, there's no turning back :D

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It's a bit smaller than a golf ball. They're just nice to look at I guess, most of them are currently at home in a wooden bowl on my coffee table. I have hundreds of smaller ones that I eventually someday plan on making into rings, earrings, necklaces with silver.
    I think the main thrill and joy of it all is finding them in the first place, and that thrill is another rabbit hole that's basically impossible to get out once you've gone in. Once you're an agate hunter, there's no turning back :D
    Sounds like a fun hobby to me. Enjoy the hunt:thumbs: Any jewelry you make will be beautiful.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Earlier I had posted that I was able to run 150ml-180ml of juice through my Freemax Mesh coils, I was wrong. Actually it's about 100ml-120ml. I can run the higher amount and still get good vapor production but the flavor isn't there. I like these coils because of the flavor they produce, so the 100ml/120ml is a much more accurate figure.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Earlier I had posted that I was able to run 150ml-180ml of juice through my Freemax Mesh coils, I was wrong. Actually it's about 100ml-120ml. I can run the higher amount and still get good vapor production but the flavor isn't there. I like these coils because of the flavor they produce, so the 100ml/120ml is a much more accurate figure.

Which coils? Are you using them in a tank like the fireluke?

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Which coils? Are you using them in a tank like the fireluke?
    I have a fireluke, a fireluke 2 and 2 mesh pro's.
    I use the single, double and triples, wasn't too fond of the quad. If I had to choose just one it would be the double mesh.

Last edited:

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Didn’t you get a new unit? Or did you just get a repair?

First it was out of freon, then a transformer went out in the attic and now something else is wrong. We now have an appt tomorrow between 10 and 2. I think. The guy barely spoke english.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    First it was out of freon, then a transformer went out in the attic and now something else is wrong. We now have an appt tomorrow between 10 and 2. I think. The guy barely spoke english.

If you have a home warranty, will they replace the whole unit at one point?

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I think I have 3 mixes with the TFA Acai and I like them all. Hoping all are in Zazie’s blog. I only found one but I overlook stuff sometimes
    I found Cheesy Açaí Biscuit and Açai/Berry Croissant. I must've missed the third when you posted it (maybe Açai Berry Yogurt?). Can you repost?

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Man. I am fried, fried fried. First, I had to goad the husband into doing more stuff because I KNOW how he is dude. He will leave everything until Tuesday and then be a FREAK. I was like, "Nope."

All I had to do was um, pick up the new toilet seat, which I was PERFECTLY capable of installing as it so happens. The husband, unused to this strange behavior on my part (I spend a lot of time pretending I am super ditzy because a) it's fun and b) like, WHO WOULD install a toilet seat by choice? You've done one you have done them all and like, bah. So the husband came in to enquire how I was doing and I was like, "I am having a little trouble with the washer nut. You know." So he shoved me out of the way and it was all good from there. He is all happy because he did a bunch of painting he would not have done otherwise and it looks great, and like He Did Not Do the Mirrors mainly to punish me I think and I was like "If they are not done tomorrow you die. I know how cement works now."

LOL he asked me if I was "afraid of the cement mixer." I was like, "What? Of course not. If anything that sucker should be terrified of ME. I could break that thing in a heartbeat." He said he said I said it looked omonous. I was like yeah, but not the TURNY thing I mean for the love of God it's pink. I meant ominous in a "hard and unfortunate work kind of sense.

We play with it more tomorrow but the husband is making mention of how I get to pick "pretty rocks" and embed them so how that works is probably I fill up countless wheelbarrows
    with rock and move it never mind "pretty" and it sounds like a tripping hazard to me although I am sure the husband figured that out.

I was not idle! I went and got trowels. The husband wanted them and all the fly bait and then I cleaned more and even like packed up stuff and do laundry. I want to die, then do yoga. Yep totally in that order. I must be insane.

My back is hurting less and less though, IDK this "core strength" thing maybe I will take a Pilates class or whatever Yuppie boot camp or something. It really should be in spasms by now after this morning and I did not even wear my weight lifting belt ALL afternoon.

It is NOT enough to make me join habitat for humanity. Ugh.

Anna

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I think I have 3 mixes with the TFA Acai and I like them all. Hoping all are in Zazie’s blog. I only found one but I overlook stuff sometimes
    By the way, when I searched this thread to find posts by you mentioning açai, I got 117 results. And I was reminded of how different our taste buds are: you love TFA Açai and find it tart but hate PUR Açai; to me, they both taste like sweet fake grape.

A little walk down recent-memory lane.

Users who are viewing this thread