Random DIY mixing and More

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
That’s why we got a window unit for the bedroom. We can leave the ac higher in the rest of the house, close the bedroom door at night and crank the window unit down to subzero. I was surprised at how quiet the new units are, and how much $$ we saved on the electric bill!
My son has a small window unit. His duct run is ridiculously long and the main unit has never sufficiently cooled his room so I bought him one. And he has two computers and two game systems and one large TV constantly running and he gets the direct afternoon sun with brick on the outside. I get jealous when I go in there it's nice and freezing like I like it. I'll come in from working outside and stand in front of his AC to cool off. :lol: I saw zero increase in my power bill. I think the packaging estimated like $25/year to operate it.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
On the list of things I don’t want to be without, tp ranks pretty high. Coffee probably tops the list (for world safety lol). It’s the random items that make me go hmmmm... like not being able to find cream of chicken soup for several weeks, or raisins.
In mixing news, flavors are all loaded into ELR. Had quite a few more than I recalled :blush:
Printing recipes and crossing fingers that I mix today.
View attachment 903557
I buy my coffee in bulk from Costco, and I, probably like you, ensure that I never run out. 44 something, free shipping for 5 lbs of organic whole bean dark roast. I'm not a member but the non-member surcharge isn't much. Ruta Maya is the brand we get, and love it. We're somewhat coffee snobs. For weeks I could not find pickles, and now it's been paper towels and co2 canisters for my sodastream. Pretty soon, if they don't stock up my grocery store soon, it will be refried beans. I'm still waiting for chow mein noodles, but I took advantage while in MN and got tons of bags of it. It does seem to be random items at times. Like how many people are really hoarding chow mein noodles? Besides me of course :lol:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The old Kanger Mini Subtank. The original coils were the OCC.(square). Those are what I have plus the rba's.

Well, Kanger went nuts with those Subtank coils and with naming them. Everyone was complaining--from OCC to SOCC, SSOCC, NCOCC... I never knew what was what. :facepalm:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, Kanger went nuts with those Subtank coils and with naming them. Everyone was complaining--from OCC to SOCC, SSOCC, NCOCC... I never knew what was what. :facepalm:
    No kidding but mine are the original OCC's.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    that is way too many letters. I'll stick to my handy dandy diy kanthal coils, but I should come up with ridiculous names for them.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    And speaking of old gear--I have 4 eGo One Mega tanks but only 2 packs of CLR coils left. Can't find any more (1Ω CLR) anywhere. Hmm... I wish I had more of those but they have been discontinued. Oh well.

Now I'm just trying to decide whether to get the Sceptre. It's so pretty and everybody says that the pods don't leak and the draw is a nice loose MTL--just what I like.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    No kidding but mine are the original OCC's.
    Speaking of the OG Kanger coils.. does anyone do TC and want a free box (10 packs of 5 coils) of the OCC Ni200? I never got along with TC and these are taking up space I’d rather use for something else. Free to a good home

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Speaking of the OG Kanger coils.. does anyone do TC and want a free box (10 packs of 5 coils) of the OCC Ni200? I never got along with TC and these are taking up space I’d rather use for something else. Free to a good home

Thanks, but no thanks. I bought a pack and just like you never got along with their TC coils.

• Love
    Reactions: NolaMel

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    And speaking of old gear--I have 4 eGo One Mega tanks but only 2 packs of CLR coils left. Can't find any more (1Ω CLR) anywhere. Hmm... I wish I had more of those but they have been discontinued. Oh well.

Now I'm just trying to decide whether to get the Sceptre. It's so pretty and everybody says that the pods don't leak and the draw is a nice loose MTL--just what I like.
    The Sceptre has a nice smooth draw. Get one.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't do TC either.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

You do know the clr coils are rebuildable, right? I rewick mine for about a year before they even need rebuilding.

The TI ones are available for cheap but if you don't use temp you would have to rebuild them before using.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    The Sceptre has a nice smooth draw. Get one.

One of the YT reviews, I believe Mike, complained a bit about the wattage settings for the MTL coil--he wanted more than 10 watts for 1.2Ω coils. Do you find that you get enough power to run your MTL coils? Or does it feel weak?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    We have AC! It's going to take a while to get the 90 degree temp in the house down to a reasonable figure. I can't believe it.
    I'm so glad you have your AC back but you really should give a thought to back ups.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    You do know the clr coils are rebuildable, right? I rewick mine for about a year before they even need rebuilding.

Yes, I do. I just wasn't sure how long those two boxes would last. I think I'm getting mildly hysterical. :blush:
    The TI ones are available for cheap but if you don't use temp you would have to rebuild them before using.

I know, but they have a huge 3.5mm diameter air hole under the coil. It's a bit much for me. Come to think of it, I must have a few of those--they came with the tanks. :D

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    One of the YT reviews, I believe Mike, complained a bit about the wattage settings for the MTL coil--he wanted more than 10 watts for 1.2Ω coils. Do you find that you get enough power to run your MTL coils? Or does it feel weak?
    It doesn't feel weak to me. It will stand up to chain vaping if that tells you anything.

Users who are viewing this thread