Random DIY mixing and More

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Rrrrrrr.... Something is going on with my rta deck. I'm not sure why because I think I made the coils SHORTER but I can't seem to get it together.

So, l ate 3 of my husband's chocolate chip cookies and two handfuls of cashew nuts. It was great. I am going to then try to figure out what has happened once I vape enough to like, manage to figure it out.

Anna

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Rrrrrrr.... Something is going on with my RTA deck. I'm not sure why because I think I made the coils SHORTER but I can't seem to get it together.

So, l ate 3 of my husband's chocolate chip cookies and two handfuls of cashew nuts. It was great. I am going to then try to figure out what has happened once I vape enough to like, manage to figure it out.

Anna

What rta is it?

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Happy Birthday @JCinFLA!

giphy.gif

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Back on that lemon cake that turned out cloudy. I mixed another 15mls Sat morning. This time I made it in a clear glass bottle, and shook it but didn't whisk it. It turned out cloudy like the first one. But as of this afternoon it's starting to clear from the bottom up. It's clear to about a third of the way up now. I made the first one in a green bottle so I can't tell how it's going in the bottle but it's looking almost clear in the syringe.

I realised something else. I forgot my original bottle of flavoring was still half full and mixed both of the cloudy mixes from the new big bottle. When I get some time I'll mix another 15mls from the original bottle. I really want to figure this one out, it's bugging me.

@FranC, did you let it steep when you made it?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ok, I’ve never been big on melon flavors plus every one I’ve tried has been too sweet. I made another try with this mix and added açaí with the 2 melons.I was shooting for a little tart but it’s not.Taste wise I like the Acai with the melon. It is a bit sweet however rather tasty. @Zazie

Water Biscuit
    FLV Watermelon 2%
    FLV Wild Melon 1%
    TFA Acai 1%
    INW Biscuit 1%

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Back on that lemon cake that turned out cloudy. I mixed another 15mls Sat morning. This time I made it in a clear glass bottle, and shook it but didn't whisk it. It turned out cloudy like the first one. But as of this afternoon it's starting to clear from the bottom up. It's clear to about a third of the way up now. I made the first one in a green bottle so I can't tell how it's going in the bottle but it's looking almost clear in the syringe.

I realised something else. I forgot my original bottle of flavoring was still half full and mixed both of the cloudy mixes from the new big bottle. When I get some time I'll mix another 15mls from the original bottle. I really want to figure this one out, it's bugging me.

I tend to steep everything at least 2 weeks.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Are both bottles of flavor the same color?

Reactions: DavidOck

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

Mixes can go cloudy when temps are cooler. So depending on where the flavoring was stored, this could be it. Menthol mixes can turn into a thick gel when they get cold.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just catching up. Happy Birthday JC!

I mixed the raspberry donut but added tfa raspberry and sweet raspberry to hopefully bring the raspberry to the front and have the donut base as a background.

While I had my cases out, I mixed three simple two flavor mixes with new flavors I haven’t tried. I also mixed a sft of the ssa sour lime.
    Gotta tell me if that’s really sour. Not sure I’d be able to vape lime again but maybe.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Gotta tell me if that’s really sour. Not sure I’d be able to vape lime again but maybe.

I think it needs a short steep. I tried it right after mixing and sometimes I’d get a nice sour authentic lime taste and sometimes not. It reminded me of when I used to cut lime to put in Corona beer.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Hi folks! :D I have been playing with several MF flavors lately. Some of the others are still steeping. I haven't SFT'ed any of them. Just jumped in and created.

I'm very pleased with MF's Caramel. Their caramel is not very strong (as far as MF's go). In my recipe it sits nicely just out front of the vanilla and cream. There is a very light graham cracker on the exhale. Overall it's pretty smooth and balanced. I don't consider FLV Vanilla Custard to be a custard in the same way CAP Vanilla Custard v1 or FA Custard Premium are. IMO it's more of a vanilla with a very light custard.

Creamy Caramel Graham v1
    MF Caramel 2%
    FLV Vanilla Custard 1%
    FLV Cream 0.75%
    TPA Graham Cracker Clear 1%

Steeped it for 25 days. Tested it at 18 and it really didn't change much over the next 7 days.

Users who are viewing this thread