Random DIY mixing and More

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Recipe help please. I went low on the jasmine in this first run because it can be really overwhelming. At a week, jasmine stood out. Today marked three weeks, so I filled an empty tank. Dud for what I was going for... it’s a nice fruit vape, but floral is almost gone. It tastes mostly like pear. Yes, I know it’s predominant in the %, but I thought the floral would stay. I made 30 ml with the following ml of flavors:
Pear 1.0
Honeysuckle .9
Honeydew .6
Jasmine .5
Would a touch of vanilla bring out the floral a bit more? (This is me not having the slightest clue but trying anyway:laugh:)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Would a touch of vanilla bring out the floral a bit more?
I’m not generally a vanilla fan. Although I make an exception for a lavender/vanilla mix a friend makes. Can’t taste vanilla, but it softens the lavender. I’ll add it to my next order. Maybe I need vanilla

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Recipe help please. I went low on the jasmine in this first run because it can be really overwhelming. At a week, jasmine stood out. Today marked three weeks, so I filled an empty tank. Dud for what I was going for... it’s a nice fruit vape, but floral is almost gone. It tastes mostly like pear. Yes, I know it’s predominant in the %, but I thought the floral would stay. I made 30 ml with the following ml of flavors:
Pear 1.0
Honeysuckle .9
Honeydew .6
Jasmine .5
I use jasmine at 2% with other floral notes 2.5-3% if it is the only floral. Have seen some recipes using as high as 5% when paired with strong flavors. In my grape dreams mix I am going to raise the jasmine to 3.5% and lower the grapes by .5-1% each. Over time as the jasmine gets softer. Doesn't seem so much like fade as it does maturing. Oranges are like that too.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I’m not generally a vanilla fan. Although I make an exception for a lavender/vanilla mix a friend makes. Can’t taste vanilla, but it softens the lavender. I’ll add it to my next order. Maybe I need vanilla
Wish I had better advice to offer but haven’t mixed with any florals except honeysuckle. I’d probably switch the jasmine and honeysuckle percentages out though to see how it comes out or just up the jasmine.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I use jasmine at 2% with other floral notes 2.5-3% if it is the only floral. Have seen some recipes using as high as 5% when paired with strong flavors. In my grape dreams mix I am going to raise the jasmine to 3.5% and lower the grapes by .5-1% each. Over time as the jasmine gets softer. Doesn't seem so much like fade as it does maturing. Oranges are like that too.
Sounds like flip the amounts of honeysuckle and jasmine, lower the pear. Add a warm flavor fruit. May try fig for the heck of it

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The honeysuckle, pear, and honeydew probably all have a sweetener added Mel. I would eliminate the pear or honeydew and add a fruit with a sharper note. Jasmine plays well with sharp notes. I get nothing but sweet from honeysuckle below 3%. Take the jasmine up to 3% nd get rid of one of the other 3. Maybe drop the honeysuckle and use the blackberry blossom instead; or just use the jasmine for the floral.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
BTW I can't imagine jasmine would be good paired with vanilla personally but is beautiful with honeysuckle. You do need a couple of vanillas in your stash Mel. I'm not a vanilla fan either but sometimes they just work. INW vanilla shisha is pretty much a must have, Cap french vanilla is good but a touch too sweet for me. I find myself using FA vienna cream and Fa vanilla swirl more than I was. I would also add either HS cream or FA fresh cream as well.

Users who are viewing this thread