Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I know what my chimney looks like now. It’s in the yard! At least this will be out of here in a couple hours.
    @FranC , my guru, would the rum raisin work with any of the stixx nets?
    Pray tell what chimney?

I would say the rum raisin should go well with most of them.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I know what my chimney looks like now. It’s in the yard! At least this will be out of here in a couple hours.

Do you mean the whole thing or just the top cover?

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas

Better get that fixed before Christmas so Santa can visit you.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Do you mean the whole thing or just the top cover?
    CF1AB33C-AF55-472F-BAE3-5EFF6B5F0EE7.jpeg

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Other than the pipe casually I hope you’re ok.
    I’m ever so thankful for our solar batteries. I have a/c, internet and lights. Himself got a nice, hot dinner too. We built over what Florida’s hurricane bldg. standards were. At the time, they were the most stringent because of hurricane andrew. We made it through Katrina with only a missing chimney and lost the ceiling fans on the front porch. At worst, it was only a stressful inconvenience. They’re saying power will be up within 10 days. I’m hoping sooner. We really don’t know how long we can run only on the solar. After Isaac, we were out for three weeks.
    Himself has to go into work tomorrow. Since I can’t run anything that sucks a ton of power, it means I have an excellent excuse to mix.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I think the pipe is the chimney.
    It is, I don’t remember why, but it was what building code allowed when we built back then. I’d much rather have a brick chimney. That metal one sticks up about 5 feet....well, when it’s up there it does!!

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I very much agree... the only reason I was up “early” ( that’s mid morning to you odd get up with the sun peeps) was the animals being all antsy. I guess the barometric pressure sets them off. Nothing like a little “togetherness” :rolleyes::lol:
    View attachment 914155
    Sure. But sometimes a little less "togetherness" is pleasing.

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    Finished and done with ordering from Heartland vapes. 1 gallon pg, 1 gallon vg 1 liter of pg nicotine and 4 glass bottles to store it in for 82.58 I didn't buy any flavorings. I have many that are sitting awaiting me to open them. Of course, I have the urge to buy some SSA from BSF. Nope.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    FYI: For any one else interested too . . .

Double check where to get the flu shot, there are a number of Pharmacy's offering store "Cash" cards/coupons incentives for you to get one at their store - example: CVS = $5 and Publix Pharmacy = $10 (I got mine here "FREE" and also the booster for the P23 - every 5 years that "insurance" paid for too) . . . Hey it's a "WIN WIN" - "protection" for the flu season and money to go shopping . . . :thumbs:

BTW: Anyone over 65 make sure to get the new high dose flu shot - One type is called Fluzone.

EDIT: Publix's is a supermarket chain here in FL, there probably is a local Supermarket Pharmacy that has the same offer where you live . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Got my flu shot yesterday. I’ve been calling daily waiting for them to get the high power old people shot in stock and it finally arrived. They seem to only get small quantities and you have to be quick.

They have 3 chairs in the regular waiting area at one end of the pharmacy, and one chair up the other end where they do the shots. I filled out the forms and sat down. There were 2 people ahead of me. For some reason they would come out and do a shot which took around a minute, then there was a 20 minute wait before they did the next one. The three of us sat there for a long time before someone got called up. Right then a woman showed up and demanded her shot immediately. Claimed she had called and they told her she would be done as soon as she arrived. But CVS doesn’t do appointments, it’s first in first out. She wouldn’t drop it and got louder and louder until the manager came out and talked her down. She sat down third in line and tried to start a conversation about how horrible CVS was but nobody would talk to her. After I got to the front of the line someone else showed up and there were no seats so he went and sat in the seat where they do the shots. Someone came out and told him he couldn’t sit there. During that conversation the staffer made a gesture in the direction of the seats in the waiting area. He was probably telling the new guy he should go over there but I thought he was beckoning me to come over since I was next. I went over and sat down, then someone else came out and told me I couldn’t sit there until I was called up for my shot. By then the seats in the waiting area were all occupied so I stood next to the shot chair for 10 minutes. Apparently it was OK for me to be there as long as I wasn’t sitting down. I was in there over an hour. I had a vape in my pocket but I didn’t dare go outside in case I missed my turn.

Sometimes it’s hard not to kill people.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Sure. But sometimes a little less "togetherness" is pleasing.
    “Togetherness” would be a little easier if he wasn’t already over 70 pounds. I swear, he thinks he’s a chihuahua lol. He’ll try and get in my lap and put his head on my shoulder, but only about half of him fits :rolleyes:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Got my flu shot yesterday. I’ve been calling daily waiting for them to get the high power old people shot in stock and it finally arrived. They seem to only get small quantities and you have to be quick.

They have 3 chairs in the regular waiting area at one end of the pharmacy, and one chair up the other end where they do the shots. I filled out the forms and sat down. There were 2 people ahead of me. For some reason they would come out and do a shot which took around a minute, then there was a 20 minute wait before they did the next one. The three of us sat there for a long time before someone got called up. Right then a woman showed up and demanded her shot immediately. Claimed she had called and they told her she would be done as soon as she arrived. But CVS doesn’t do appointments, it’s first in first out. She wouldn’t drop it and got louder and louder until the manager came out and talked her down. She sat down third in line and tried to start a conversation about how horrible CVS was but nobody would talk to her. After I got to the front of the line someone else showed up and there were no seats so he went and sat in the seat where they do the shots. Someone came out and told him he couldn’t sit there. During that conversation the staffer made a gesture in the direction of the seats in the waiting area. He was probably telling the new guy he should go over there but I thought he was beckoning me to come over since I was next. I went over and sat down, then someone else came out and told me I couldn’t sit there until I was called up for my shot. By then the seats in the waiting area were all occupied so I stood next to the shot chair for 10 minutes. Apparently it was OK for me to be there as long as I wasn’t sitting down. I was in there over an hour. I had a vape in my pocket but I didn’t dare go outside in case I missed my turn.

Sometimes it’s hard not to kill people.
    My sister called our little medical center yesterday to make an appointment to get a flu shot. They asked whether she wanted regular or superstrength, and when she chose the latter, they said she had to drive to a town thirty miles away to pick it up and then bring i tback to the medical center so it could be administered. A great system, no?

Users who are viewing this thread