Random DIY mixing and More

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
have you tried taking it at night? I fought it for years due to the bit of high it h ave my head. Pain got pretty bad and I relented and now take one at bedtime. I also take Cymbalta which has helped greatly

Thanks for the suggestion, but yes - took at night (along with my other bedtime meds) . . . Still had the same after affect . . . AND - As for Cymbalta, very different side effects that were not good and made other ailments even worse . . . :(

That's the thing with being older and having a number of medical issues and have to take multiple medications to "survive" (BTW: I take over 29 different Medications a day) . . . While the individual medication is suppose to be helpful to ease the problem you are experiencing - when used in combination with others - it can make you suffer even more then before . . . As an example: since starting multiple insulin medications for Diabetes, especially one that is supposed to help you lose weight - instead I have gained over 40 lbs and my "Sugars" are still not under control yet (probably never will be) . . . :shock:

Matter of fact, taking some of these medications in combination - they can even make those people around you "suffer" . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
IIRC @Rossum started a pretty decent thread, and discussion, on battery shelf life. I store new batteries in the fridge charged at 3.6v. 3.5-3.7v is recommended for long term storage. Every few months I pop them in the charger and top them off at 3.6v if needed. When we receive new batteries they are usually right around 3.6v. I have some pretty old 18650's that are still in use. As long as they hold an acceptable charge I don't see a problem and will continue using them.

Been thinking about stocking up and putting some batteries in the fridge just in case. Several people have said they last well that way.

I just got an Asmodus battery analyzer. My older batteries were in worse shape than I expected. I use a bunch of setups so I wouldn't notice if a particular battery wasn't holding a charge for long.

I just posted this somewhere else.

I'll take this battery analyzer stuff over to the battery forum when I finish testing all my batteries but here's a report on my progress so far.

Tested a selection of HG2's of various ages.

2 month old batteries - capacity around 2700, resistance 40mO

1 year old battery - capacity 2200, resistance 47mO

3 year old battery - capacity 997, resistance 56mO

So after 3 years, which is when I have been retiring batteries, the capacity is way down.

2 year old Samsung Q30 button top I got for Provaris - capacity 2485, resistance 115. The capacity seems pretty good. Checked the resistance on some others and the resistance ranged from 85 to 110. Wonder if some of the high resistance comes from the add-on button tops. No idea how they would have measured when they were new. Since Provape used to advise using low resistance batteries I might rethink the Samsungs.

5 year old AW 2200 button tops - capacity 1975, resistance 49. Seems like they are still in good shape. Haven't used them much since I got the Samsungs. Wish they were still around.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
@FranC, which acai do you use? Pretty sure it's TFA but wanted to check before I finalize my order. And that's what you use to lessen sweeter flavors?

I seem to recall a post from a while back where you went from 1% down to 0.5% in your mixes.

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @FranC, which acai do you use? Pretty sure it's TFA but wanted to check before I finalize my order. And that's what you use to lessen sweeter flavors?

I seem to recall a post from a while back where you went from 1% down to 0.5% in your mixes.

Yes TFA Acai. It’s a good flavor and will lessen sweetness. The same for INW Rhubarb. With either I used 1% for a long time. It seems I require less tartness now so I dropped to .5 on both.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I have 30ml of Chefs Milk that I got in my last order which was quite some time back. I think it was on sale. I haven’t even opened it yet.
    I hope it's not the first sign of spontaneous combustion. What kind of nic do you use?:D

One of us should do a simple mix with the milk to see how it is. I vote for you.

Now I remember what I forgot to order from Chefs...

I heard it's a good milk. I really like the Custard Premium FA a lot...

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My Crispy Crunchy Cereal is mixed. Hope it’s good since I did 30ml. I still have a Almond Cookie to do but I went back to the drawing board with the recipe. No biggie. I have a lot mixed. Gotta start trying some stuff soon but the oldest is only 10 days steeped.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    IIRC @Rossum started a pretty decent thread, and discussion, on battery shelf life.
    I've mentioned my testing in passing, but I haven't started a thread dedicated to it. Maybe this summer, when I've got two full years of data on the first batch (VTC5As) and a full year on the second batch (P26A).

I store new batteries in the fridge charged at 3.6v. 3.5-3.7v is recommended for long term storage. Every few months I pop them in the charger and top them off at 3.6v if needed.
    You let them come up to room temperature first, right? You really shouldn't charge cold batteries.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Many moons ago a buddy of mine bet me $5 I wouldn't eat a couple pieces of dog food. He lost the bet and I was a 5 spot richer. :D

When I was around 12 years old I got busted giving a friend those dog treats that look like little hotdogs, the old style crunchy kind.
    Johnny came over one Saturday while my mother was home. He had been eating them for months and when my mother saw him reach into the dog treat canister and eat one she almost fainted.

That was nothing though compared to the time I told another friend down the street that my dad's scotch bonnet pepper plant was a cherry bush. Whoa my dad had mechanic arms and hands, he could really lay a whipping down. It was one of the only times I actually saw him panic and scared... My father was trying every remedy on the kid to make the burn go away.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    A couple weeks ago I whipped a couple old KISS recipes of mine. Enjoying them today.

Papa Passion Cream

FA Papaya 2%
    FA Passion Fruit 1%
    FA Fresh Cream 1.5%

It's tropical. Tasty.

2 week steep for the FC.

Next go, I'm thinking of trying it with yogurt. Another idea is, adding one of my cake flavors and perhaps a little FLV Cream.

Also mixed up a clone I did some years back. It's a clone of Ben Jonson's Apogee. My wife liked some of the BJ's juices. Apogee is nice and smooth. I managed to get the clone as close as I could.

Apogee

FA Apricot 1.5%
    FA Fuji 2.5%
    FA Pear 1%

3-5 day steep is fine.

I also plan on adding something for a foundation to that. Next go around.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I've mentioned my testing in passing, but I haven't started a thread dedicated to it. Maybe this summer, when I've got two full years of data on the first batch (VTC5As) and a full year on the second batch (P26A).

You let them come up to room temperature first, right? You really shouldn't charge cold batteries.
    Thanks.

Yes. I do let them come up to room temp before checking them.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I placed a couple orders this morning. One was for my favorite Clapton wire, hopefully 200 ft will be enough. I also placed a rather large BCF order. I actually included some fruits! Island Mango WF, Apricot, and a peach, as well as a couple strawberry flavors @ShowMeTwice mentioned yesterday.

I'm debating whether I need an Ursa Quest mod..

Users who are viewing this thread