Random DIY mixing and More

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
So far I've tried my SSA ice cream base separately with strawberry, island mango, starfruit and oranges. And also tried combinations of those. I whipped up another 60mls of ic base this morning. I really like the SSA ice creams.

I have ic with VT dark chocolate steeping atm. Once I have the chocolate where I want it SSA crisp waffle will be added for the cone and then FLV peanut butter for the nut flavor.

@NolaMel, where are you at with your nutty buddy? And what caramel and butterscotch were you thinking of using?
MF for the candy side. My ic is still steeping, so you’re waaaay ahead of me. I did mix it with the crisp waffle to try and catch up.
Since @hittman said Julia Su’s almond croissant recipe was sweet, I’m thinking of pulling half and adding MF dark chocolate to see if that eats up some of the sweet. Or maybe black currant? Haven’t decided :rolleyes:
Also want to try Id10-T’s ic trinity to compare to the SSA mix to see if it’s closer to the ic in a nutty buddy. It’s a pretty thin ic irl... reminds me of frozen cool whip
92B818C9-F358-4EFE-83BC-11CF4164D9E8.jpeg

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Good morning random folks. :) Have you any plans today?

I'm about to start doing the oil changes on all the vehicles.

So you must not be a big fan of squonking if you never use them.

I like squonking and it was my primary mode of vaping for the last 4 or 5 years. However, here lately the rtas coming out have been really good and flavor very comparable to rdas. .

But if you must, one rda here lately has really impressed me. It's a single coil rda (I normally do dual), very easy to build, but a tad hard to find -- the Citadel rda by psyclone mods. It's basically a revised version of the Hadaly rda.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Blueberry dream:
bavarian cream-fw-4%
blueberry-fw-6%
sweet cream-fw-1%
vanilla custard-cap-1%
vanilla swirl-tfa-1%
Sub at will, I always use which ever brands I have on hand.
I do add a few drops of lemon, seems like it helps the blueberry.
Vaping this version right now made 3/30/21 - delicious in Zeus X RTA @ 60W
Adapted from ELR /recipe/3635501

51099854310_a0694bf75f_o.jpg

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
But if you must, one rda here lately has really impressed me. It's a single coil rda (I normally do dual), very easy to build, but a tad hard to find -- the Citadel rda by psyclone mods. It's basically a revised version of the Hadaly rda.
What is the airflow like on that RDA? I would be wanting something that leans more towards MTL or RDL.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
What is the airflow like on that RDA? I would be wanting something that leans more towards MTL or RDL.
RTA not RDA - Not anything near MtL or restricted.

Blotto is RDL
So is Hellvape Rebirth

restricted is not my cuppa mud but these are 2 good RDL RTAs

EDIT - I just noticed that you asked someone else about their RDA not me.
Same difference - Blotto & Rebirth are decent RTL RTAs

Last edited:

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
MF for the candy side. My ic is still steeping, so you’re waaaay ahead of me. I did mix it with the crisp waffle to try and catch up.
Since @hittman said Julia Su’s almond croissant recipe was sweet, I’m thinking of pulling half and adding MF dark chocolate to see if that eats up some of the sweet. Or maybe black currant? Haven’t decided :rolleyes:
Also want to try Id10-T’s ic trinity to compare to the SSA mix to see if it’s closer to the ic in a nutty buddy. It’s a pretty thin ic irl... reminds me of frozen cool whip
View attachment 937193
I had bookmarked that recipe recently. It looks promising.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
and a third B&C - still steeping but it looks promising
adapted from ELR /recipe/746426

51099069021_534fafdaa2_o.jpg
Original recipe maker SteamCraft vouches for FA Bilberry to replace Blueberry Extra
I made the original recipe first but I'll try it with the bilberry mod if I decide to follow up

#8 by Dubbya, Sep 23. 2016, 12:52
Great recipe! Thanks for sharing.
FWIW, if you substitute 3% Blueberry Extra for 1% (FA) Bilberry it'll blow your mind. Bilberry is perfect if you're shooting for true blueberry flavor.

#10 by SteamCraft, Sep 27. 2016, 15:24
Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback! Dubbya I tried out the Bilberry, Can definitely recommend that now. Excellent sub for Blueberry Extra.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Hazelnut Cream:
Butterscotch Ripple-fw-2%
Hazelnut-fw-4.5%
VBIC-cap-4%
Fresh Cream-fa-1.5%
I used which flavor brands that I have.
The original recipe calls for .5% of sweetener, I left that out.
I've been enjoying most excellent standalone FW Hazelnut Cream 10% Max VG with 2-3% DW
I'll try your recipe to compare. Thanks

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
For this mix I did 4% VT Pudding Base and 3% WF Island Mango.
I'm making another list for flavors from BCF.

I think I’ll be 12 in July. Years on ecf anyway.

I didn’t join ecf right off.
I was 6 in February. I had set my birthday, Feb 25th, as my quit date, and the next day, Feb 26th, I found and joined ECF. No regrets at all. I've not had a tobacco cigarette since then.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Psyclone has the Citadel in-stock. Psyclone Citadel 22mm

Another one you might like is the Atmizoo Creek. I have a couple. Of all the RDA's I own I would rank the Creek in the 1st or 2nd spot for flavor. It comes with everything you need to do MTL, RDL or DL. The design is like no other RDA in that it has bottom, directly under the coil, AF. @NolaMel has one. In fact she brought it to my attention a couple years ago.

ETA: The Creek is a great RDA for squonking.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Do need to start thinking about some new, "change of pace" mixes, lots of my "regulars" on hand, so not critical. Yet. It is occasionally a small challenge to keep 12 different flavors going ;)
Are you under a curse that requires this or you turn into a squirrel or something?

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

It's RDL in my opinion and could be closed tighter, but you may be disappointed with it as an mtl rda.

Airflow of course can be just as subjective as flavors. What I consider tight you might consider airy. I think even when I vape mtl, unless I am using a kayfun, I am more towards being very airy.

I believe SMT squonks some and does mtl.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I thought about looking at the 510 pin. I'll do that after work. It seems to depend on the battery type. But lately it's happening to every battery. I only use one tank on this mod. Will alcohol on a Qtip work?
That's what I used when my Solo started refusing to believe an atomizer was attached to it.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I evidently didn't sleep well last night and am experiencing what I would call mild symptoms from my second vaccine. My arm is pretty sore and muscles are achy. I have a bit of mental fog but am not sure if that's because of not sleeping well. I feel like I could get a headache. It's kind of lingering but not really coming out as a full blown headache.
The second one is supposed to be harder. Take it as a positive: the vaccine is working!

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Psyclone has the Citadel in-stock. Psyclone Citadel 22mm

Another one you might like is the Atmizoo Creek. I have a couple. Of all the RDA's I own I would rank the Creek in the 1st or 2nd spot for flavor. It comes with everything you need to do MTL, RDL or DL. The design is like no other RDA in that it has bottom, directly under the coil, AF. @NolaMel has one. In fact she brought it to my attention a couple years ago.

ETA: The Creek is a great RDA for squonking.

I ordered two of them from Psyclone. During roadsides closeout sale I snagged a citadel for a little more than $30. I wasn't expecting to care for it really, just bought it for the mech mods. It may be my favorite rda right now.

Users who are viewing this thread