• Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Got more on that description?
    Dripped some.... and Nanaimo bars has a light chocolate. Not a milk or a dark chocolate, it's somewhere in the middle. There is a very mild sweetness but it also has something not sweet in it that balances it out nicely. Those stay consistent through various wattages. I taste something like a cake and maybe a very light graham cracker at higher watts.

I would consider nanaimo bars to be a fine starting point for a dessert mix and other ideas too. IMO it's also good enough to be vaped single.
    Nanaimo-Bars-10.jpg

Nanaimo bars are a Canadian dessert and are named for the coastal city of Nanaimo, British Colombia.

In real life it consists of three layers: a wafer, nut (walnuts, almonds, or pecans), and coconut crumb base; a custard icing in the middle; and a layer of chocolate ganache on top. Many varieties exist, consisting of various types of crumb, various flavours of icing (such as peanut butter or coconut, mocha), and various types of chocolate like a semi-sweet chocolate. Some people use graham cracker instead of wafer. They can be made to be very sweet or not sweet.

IMO WF Nanaimo Bars is neutral enough that I can see using it in many ways. It worked well when I tested it with my ice cream base. It would work well with Tiramisu or a straight up coffee. Cakes. I can see adding a darker berry to it. Hazelnut, or some other nut, will work well. It would work well in a chocolate shake. Pudding. And likely more.

:)

ETA: I can also see trying to make the actual nanimo bars per some of the foodie site recipes I've seen.

Butch

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2011
    433 miles north. of the Alamo
    Dripped some.... and Nanaimo bars has a light chocolate. Not a milk or a dark chocolate, it's somewhere in the middle. There is a very mild sweetness but it also has something not sweet in it that balances it out nicely. Those stay consistent through various wattages. I taste something like a cake and maybe a very light graham cracker at higher watts.

I would consider nanaimo bars to be a fine starting point for a dessert mix and other ideas too. IMO it's also good enough to be vaped single.
    View attachment 938937
    Nanaimo bars are a Canadian dessert and are named for the coastal city of Nanaimo, British Colombia.

In real life it consists of three layers: a wafer, nut (walnuts, almonds, or pecans), and coconut crumb base; a custard icing in the middle; and a layer of chocolate ganache on top. Many varieties exist, consisting of various types of crumb, various flavours of icing (such as peanut butter or coconut, mocha), and various types of chocolate like a semi-sweet chocolate. Some people use graham cracker instead of wafer. They can be made to be very sweet or not sweet.

IMO WF Nanaimo Bars is neutral enough that I can see using it in many ways. It worked well when I tested it with my ice cream base. It would work well with Tiramisu or a straight up coffee. Cakes. I can see adding a darker berry to it. Hazelnut, or some other nut, will work well. It would work well in a chocolate shake. Pudding. And likely more.

ETA: I can also see trying to make the actual nanimo bars per some of the foodie site recipes I've seen.

That sounds like a perfect Cappuccino starting point to me.
    Who has it?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

View attachment 938937

Thank you much. :)

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I hope you get an improvement in weather.
    Tomorrow's supposed to be when the wind is at its worst.

It'll be fine. The medical center is only a couple/three miles out the road. Of course, I won't be doing the driving, so it's easy for me to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread