Random DIY mixing and More

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I mixed S'mores, my PG banana pudding and something new... croissant, sesame and caramel. The sesame tastes similar to peanut so after I try that might add some berry or acai for a sort of PBJ sandwich. My cheesecake (with graham and mascarpone cheese) has only steeped for three weeks. I can't wait... vaping it tonight with my new boysenberry.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I did a quick mix yesterday with my ssa ice cream base and added 3% baked strawberry. Either it was too much or it needs a steep. It seems harsh like there’s alcohol in it or something.
    I only used 1% baked strawberry with mine.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I just remembered I'd made a Banana Nut Bread 10mL sample last October, using TFA Banana. I need to try the same recipe with the WF Banana Puree instead, since it tastes more like real bananas, to me. I didn't have it then.

It's the 1st recipe I've come up with that convinced me that steeping can make a difference with some recipes. I didn't like it much when first made, but after 3 weeks or so...to me, it was much better. As always, other people's tastes will vary and so will the % used most likely. Below is what "worked" for me, and I hope still will...with the WF BP instead, giving me more real banana taste in it.

TFA Banana Nut Bread - 6%
    WF Banana Puree - 2%
    TFA Butter - 1%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl - 2%
    TFA Sweetener - 0.3% (optional of course)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Below is what "worked" for me, and I hope still will...with the WF BP instead, giving me more real banana taste in it.
    Just a suggestion... back off a bit on the BNB, drop the butter and sub WF croissant (if you have it)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just remembered I'd made a Banana Nut Bread 10mL sample last October, using TFA Banana. I need to try the same recipe with the WF Banana Puree instead, since it tastes more like real bananas, to me. I didn't have it then.

It's the 1st recipe I've come up with that convinced me that steeping can make a difference with some recipes. I didn't like it much when first made, but after 3 weeks or so...to me, it was much better. As always, other people's tastes will vary and so will the % used most likely. Below is what "worked" for me, and I hope still will...with the WF BP instead, giving me more real banana taste in it.

WF Banana Puree - 2%
    TFA Butter - 1%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl - 2%
    Good luck :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Just a suggestion... back off a bit on the BNB, drop the butter and sub WF croissant (if you have it)

:?: Why would I make those changes in my recipe...when I posted the following about it...the way it was? Your suggestions might be good ones if/when you decide to try it though. :)

Below is what "worked" for me, and I hope still will...with the WF BP instead, giving me more real banana taste in it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    :?: Why would I make those changes in my recipe...when I posted the following about it...the way it was? Your suggestions might be good ones if/when you decide to try it though. :)
    I was trying to figure out the purpose of croissant.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA

WF Banana Puree - 2%
    TFA Butter - 1%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl - 2%
    I've been meaning to find some use for TFA Banana Nut Bread. I might mix this up, minus the TFA Butter. Thanks for posting it. And yes, Banana Puree is a really good flavor.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I've been meaning to find some use for TFA Banana Nut Bread. I might mix this up, minus the TFA Butter. Thanks for posting it. And yes, Banana Puree is a really good flavor.

You're welcome. :)

I made my recipe at first with just TFA BNB, TFA Banana, and Sweetener while doing a 100 Drop Taste test. It was missing something in the taste, when compared to real, baked, banana nut bread though. So I checked many other recipes online and noticed that TFA Butter was used in quite a few, and surprisingly TFA Vanilla Swirl was used in several, too. Once I added those 2, it finally had the taste I was looking for. So, I just stuck with it.

I know some people don't like to use TFA Butter though, because it's one of the flavorings with trace amounts of Acetoin & Acetylpropionyl in it. Usually I try to avoid them or use the TFA DX or CAP V2 versions of flavorings when they're available. In this recipe though, for me it was worth the difference it made in the taste, to go ahead and use the small amount of it. So far, it's the only recipe I've used it in.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

I made my recipe at first with just TFA BNB, TFA Banana, and Sweetener while doing a 100 Drop Taste test. It was missing something in the taste, when compared to real, baked, banana nut bread though. So I checked many other recipes online and noticed that TFA Butter was used in quite a few, and surprisingly TFA Vanilla Swirl was used in several, too. Once I added those 2, it finally had the taste I was looking for. So, I just stuck with it.

I know some people don't like to use TFA Butter though, because it's one of the flavorings with trace amounts of Acetoin & Acetylpropionyl in it. Usually I try to avoid them or use the TFA DX or CAP V2 versions of flavorings when they're available. In this recipe though, for me it was worth the difference it made in the taste, to go ahead and use the small amount of it. So far, it's the only recipe I've used it in.
    If I decide to get the extra banana flavor I might mix it too. I already have the butter.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    If I decide to get the extra banana flavor I might mix it too. I already have the butter.

If you decide to get the WF Banana Puree...I think you'll like it as far as it not being candy-like, but definitely realistic. If it had been around a few years ago and I'd tried it, I know I wouldn't have bought several of the other banana flavorings that I have now.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I think I misunderstood (I thought that was a recipe you had just made up)
    About the croissant... to me it has a very buttery note (but others like Fran don't get that flavor from it) I have also had (in real life) banana bread that was actual (yeast based) bread as opposed to "cake" style most people think of. I guess that's what gave me the idea. Your recipe actually sounds great (I really like the vanilla swirl part)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If you decide to get the WF Banana Puree...I think you'll like it as far as it not being candy-like, but definitely realistic. If it had been around a few years ago and I'd tried it, I know I wouldn't have bought several of the other banana flavorings that I have now.
    It’s on my wishlist.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    It's definitely one I will mix a bigger bottle of next time. I never would have thought cantaloupe and bakery would go well together, but it did.
    I've had a hard time finding fruity juices I like. But, almost all the melons I've mixed I've liked. Including melon and tobacco, thanks to @Bronze.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA

I'm not skipping the TFA Butter because of Acetoin or anything, it's just that I don't have it. I don't have any butter flavors. Well I have WF Cookie Butter, but I'm not really sure that counts as butter.

Users who are viewing this thread