Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sorry PJ, I don't mean to put you on the spot; as I understand that you are only sharing what you read from others. But, I am guessing(?) that the recipe as you posted is for a ready-to-vape (as is) recipe? Then, if using the Trinity as a S.B. concentrate substitute; one would want to omit the deluents (PG and/or VG), and mix only:

TFA Strawberry Ripe 54.55%
    INW Shisha Strawberry 36.36%
    FA Red Touch 9.09%

to create a flavor base (compound concentrate), by omitting PG and/or VG... and then use that in place of a recipe's specified S.B.?

This seems like it ought to be obvious to me, and I shouldn't even be asking, but I am just not wrapping my head around it. I feel like Charlie Brown; and my ignorance is showing. :blush::D
    I believe you are correct for a true flavor stone. The terms can be confusing at best. I mix what I call a cheesecake flavor base.It's all mixed with pg/vg/nic. All I have to do is pour it into a smaller bottle and add what other flavors I wish.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I believe you are correct for a true flavor stone. The terms can be confusing at best. I mix what I call a cheesecake flavor base.It's all mixed with pg/vg/nic. All I have to do is pour it into a smaller bottle and add what other flavors I wish.
    Ahhh<light bulb moment>... I didn't even consider just adding the rest of a given recipe to the pre-made Trinity base.:facepalm: I guess I am glad I asked.:)

I was thinking adding a 5.5% (diluted) mix, in place of a branded concentrate (at a 1:1 replacement), sounded awful weak.

Please excuse me, while I go sit in the corner, with my funny pointed hat. :blush::facepalm::blush:
    :D

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ahhh<light bulb moment>... I didn't even consider just adding the rest of a given recipe to the pre-made Trinity base.:facepalm: I guess I am glad I asked.:)

I was thinking adding a 5.5% (diluted) mix, in place of a branded concentrate (at a 1:1 replacement), sounded awful weak.

Please excuse me, while I go sit in the corner, with my funny pointed hat. :blush::facepalm::blush:
    :D

Oh,please don't do that.:):) We all seem to call thing by different names. There is no right or wrong.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I tried several different orange flavors but could never really come up with the realistic orange flavor that I was looking for. The ecto cooler wasn't bad but tasted more like Tang orange drink to me.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I remember these in first grade! Probably telling my age here:laugh:
    I'm guessing I have a couple of years on you; but I appreciate the commiseration.:D
    Oh,please don't do that.:):) We all seem to call thing by different names. There is no right or wrong.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    It had nothing to do with labels... it was solely my inability to comprehend.HeadBang I, long ago, learned that there is no governing body that dictates terminology for all thing vaping (and that appeals to my wanna-be hippie roots; even if I still rebel against the usage of "sleeping.";)). And, generally, I do a decent job of personal interpretation/application.

This was just a simple case of my being unable to look over the walls of my own self-constructed box.:blush:

One of the things I like about this community; it routinely proves that this old dog can still learn a few new tricks! :D

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I tried several different orange flavors but could never really come up with the realistic orange flavor that I was looking for. The ecto cooler wasn't bad but tasted more like Tang orange drink to me.
    That was a learning experience for me; I learned TFA-Lemon Lime is not my friend.:(

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Have you Tried FW Natural Blood Orange?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think I'm trying to vape too many fruit heavy recipes and it's not working well. However I am enjoying the bite in my Orange Wine Cooler.
    2% FA Wine Champagne
    1.5 INW Rhubarb
    1% TFA Cranberry
    2% FW Blood Orange
    .5% WS-23

Users who are viewing this thread