Random DIY mixing and More

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent. Her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
If this Rainbow Bridge story were true, I'd likely die a second death in the stampede that would ensue when all the animals I've loved rushed to greet me.

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    From the looks of it, Nom Nomz only received 22 of the 23 new flavors. I don't think they received FA Strawberry Ice Cream yet. That's one I would have liked as well.

I can always whip up a strawberry ice cream with FA Juicy Strawberry + FA Strawberry (Red Touch) and FA Vanilla Ice Cream. Or perhaps one of several other IC's.
    It may seem reasonable.
    In these times, glad we have Nom Nomz, I feel they have only gotten better and better, and they were superb from the start.

There is an election in England, we should all go there and vote for NN. They go under DIY.
    I also voted on CdV, and of course I voted for this forum

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Happy Thanksgiving. Early this morning we took our cat Amber (in my profile pic) to an emergency vet clinic because she was having seizures and other issues. We unfortunately had to euthanize. Suspected brain issues like a tumor. Just a heartbreaking day. We had her for over 7 years. We are sad. We did go to the family Thanksgiving meal. At least we quit crying during the meal. I am so thankful for the people who work with animals and who sacrifice the holiday for our babies.

:cry:
    I am so sorry to hear. All my condolences RJ.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yup, I like it.
    My favourite Stixx is:
    Stokkeby Birds Eye
    A+ Blend
    Haunted
    Aged Burley
    The Stokkeby is my favorite out of the ones I tried.
    It may seem reasonable.
    In these times, glad we have Nom Nomz, I feel they have only gotten better and better, and they were superb from the start.

There is an election in England, we should all go there and vote for NN. They go under DIY.
    I also voted on CdV, and of course I voted for this forum
    I went and voted earlier. Nomnomz was suggested to me several months ago by someone on FB. They keep getting better and Chefs is getting worse.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    @*RJ*, I'm so sorry for your loss. :nun:

I took a couple of hits off one of my nicotine set ups, the first nicotine I've had in about 3 weeks. The throat hit was so strong that I coughed at the first one. I'm alternating between nic and no nic right now. I was just feeling anxious and needed the nicotine.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've read descriptions for the actual Sea Buckthorn ranging from...

"The berries of the sea buckthorn plant are bright orange and produce a taste that is both tart and citrusy, with subtle sweetness."

"A unique and complex taste, with very original notes varying from sour to tart, as well as quite fruity and slightly sweet."

"By nature, they have an intense tangy and citrusy taste – something hard to describe unless you try it. They have, however, a delicate sweet side taste once you develop a taste for them."

"The berries are quite tart, sort of like sour orange with hints of mango. Some people also liken them to pineapple."

Specialty Produce has a good article on it (and every fruit you can think of). Sea Buckthorn syrup is used in cake recipes in Britain, as an additional flavor to soak into various cake layers and is used in a variety of other applications.

I am very much looking forward to seeing what Flavour Art created with Sea Buckthorn. :greengrin: I'm planning on trying it in one of my steeped creamy cake mixes.
    I’ll be waiting for your thoughts.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    The Stokkeby is my favorite out of the ones I tried.

I went and voted earlier. Nomnomz was suggested to me several months ago by someone on FB. They keep getting better and Chefs is getting worse.
    Stokkeby has only climbed on my list, was around 5-6 place when I started, now it reigns supreme at the top.
    A+Blend also one that I like better and better.

It is said that one Italian net tobacco concentrate should be very good, La Tabarcaria.
    Thought I'd try to get hold of some and try it too, Christmas project.

It's important to vote for NN, they've gotten better over the years, and the fact that they brought in Brie and Miss Cream gives them a +++ in my book.
    It will soon be the only ones left who have a large selection of flavours.
    I didn't check too closely, were Chefs nominated at all?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Stokkeby has only climbed on my list, was around 5-6 place when I started, now it reigns supreme at the top.
    A+Blend also one that I like better and better.

It is said that one Italian net tobacco concentrate should be very good, La Tabarcaria.
    Thought I'd try to get hold of some and try it too, Christmas project.

It's important to vote for NN, they've gotten better over the years, and the fact that they brought in Brie and Miss Cream gives them a +++ in my book.
    It will soon be the only ones left who have a large selection of flavours.
    I didn't check too closely, were Chefs nominated at all?
    I got an email this morning that Chef’s is completely closing down the website. It’s sad but not surprising. I knew something was up when they announced not carrying single flavors any more. I’m not sure if they have a physical store or not.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Good morning folks,

I got an email this morning that Chef’s is completely closing down the website. It’s sad but not surprising. I knew something was up when they announced not carrying single flavors any more. I’m not sure if they have a physical store or not.
    It is sad but not entirely unexpected.
    One of their choices is that a lot of disposables are sold, such things do not generate sales for a company like Chefs.

Let's hope that NN will be around us in the years to come, now that they are almost given a monopoly.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Let's hope that NN will be around us in the years to come, now that they are almost given a monopoly.

If Nom Nomz does what Bull City Flavors has done then NN should be around for the long haul.

Last year I had a lengthy email exchange with BCF, they told me a good percentage of their business is large volume to companies in the food and beverage industries.

DIY is a small market. The flavor industry (food & beverage) as a whole is a multi-billion dollar industry.

If it ever gets to the point where NN, BCF and a handful of others close we will always be able to purchase flavors directly from many of the flavor houses.

There are several flavor houses not popular in DIY who sell direct (like Medicine Flower). I've been researching and saving info on those for the last couple years. I would like to try some of those companies flavors in 2023.

Medicine Flower flavors are excellent but they are not cheap. Their flavors are ultra-concentrated. Very little is needed for full flavor. As in, 2-3 drops (for many) in a 30ml = full flavor compared to the vast majority of flavors used in DIY. One bottle of a MF flavor will last a very long time.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I'm so very sorry, @*RJ*. What a shocking, unexpected loss. Amber is the dainty girl in your avatar, yes?
    Yes, that pic was the second day we had her when she came to our doorstep as a stray so she was skinny in the pic. She picked the best house as I always call our home cat heaven. We all fell in love. She was our little princess and very beautiful. Something happened neurologically overnight so we had to make that awful decision. We miss her and the tears will eventually subside. I think I love my fur babies more than most humans. :wub:

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I’ve been enjoying very quick mixes of one flavor. Most of the time I vape unflavored. I have 581 flavors with none being less than 30 ml. I have a lot to get through and with a cabinet full of gear my vape buying days are over. I’m back to being a boring vaper. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread