classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I haven't had the nerve to try mixing with lavender yet. Too many memories of "old lady" perfume and body powder.:shock:

The one time I was fortunate enough to eat at a posh restaurant, where they used fresh lavender blossoms as an edible garnish, I did enjoy those. Maybe I need to put on my big-boy pants and give it a try.:D

I used lavender for a while and then like a flip of a switch it went to "old man in a barber shop/shaving cream".

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Mix it and forget it for a few weeks. Pretty boring and blah the first 4 weeks. 5 week minimum for me, 7 is better. Over 2-3% and it will take over a mix. I keep at 2% and under.

God grant me the patience lol!

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I think a pie crust and some cream or vanilla (or both) for a chocolate cream pie......

I gotta get the chocolate going on it's own first tho to see what it wants done with it.
I have a feeling it will need to age a bit to finally settle.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Some random thoughts for you, @Fidola:

-- There are 25 Jungle Fever recipes on ELR. Of those 25, the single most popular recipe has only three people who liked it enough to enter a rating. Only 9 have any rating what so ever. I would question if this is really a recipe worthy of my time.

-- Hardware influences flavor. Make sure you are trying higher and lower power/temperature settings (if using a regulated device), and also airflow restriction (from wide open to nearly closed; if available on your Atty), as you are vaping your current mix. If you have different atomizers, you might want to try it in a couple of different ones.

--The Sweetener is much too high. I would at minimum cut that back to 1% or even 0.5%. Better still; I would first mix this recipe without it, then test vape a little, to see if I even wanted it. Sweetener is easily added to a finished mix, and doing so can give you a good idea, how it might help/hurt a recipe.

-- Looking at this, and then ELR, I am guessing that this is a screenshot of the recipe as you adapted, saved, and mixe) it. None of the public Jungle Fever recipes use CAP-Golden Pineapple; instead, call for TFA Pineapple (EDIT: I take that back; there is one, posted by crixx, that looks like your copy. They didn't even give it a rating... I would not have chosen to mix). CAP-GP, at 10% is high, even for a stand-alone. I would cut that back to 5% (or even 4%) and try again.

--Once the pineapple is in line for the concentrate you are wanting to use; I would probably adjust the coconut, and mango, as well. I would start with the TFA_Coconut at 2.5% (Note: TFA Coconut is not the same as TFA Coconut Extra; pay attention to which you are using), and the TFA Mango to 3.5%.

So, with all that taken into consideration, I would make my first trial this way (a 10mL sample size ought to be plenty):
4% CAP Golden Pineapple
3.5% TFA Mango
2.5% TFA Coconut
(no sweetener)

This should be pretty much shake-n-vapeable; though the mango may take a week or two to fully bloom.

I would not make any adjustments to recipe for at least a week (2 would be better). Then, based on how it has settled, and what I wanted from it, I would consider the following:
-- If any flavor(s) is/are too dominant; lower the one(s) that's too strong (vs. raising the weaker one(s)).
-- If it is lacking sweetness; now I would consider the addition of TFA-Sweetener at 0.5% (or CAP-Super Sweet at 0.25%). (remember to compensate for the volume you already vaped;))

Disclaimer:
It has been a while since I worked with any of these flavors, so please keep in mind this is coming from my pathetic excuse of a memory. Follow at your own discretion.:D

I just wanted to follow up on this recipe that @IDJoel fixed for me. I made it as suggested and it’s delicious! Thanks for all your help!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Added to list. But, can you give me a hint what type of tobacco it is?

Yes! Awaiting your verdict. Need patience.

Well, start one!
    I find the Hangsen tobaccos to be the most real tasting. As close as a vape juice can get anyway. It's the only tobaccos hubs will vape and all he vapes are tobaccos.The Ry3 and Fortune Strike are my favorite mixers.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I gotta get the chocolate going on it's own first tho to see what it wants done with it.
    I have a feeling it will need to age a bit to finally settle.

The 3 I have (TFA Double Clear, FA Chocolate, INW Chocolate Cream) like some aging. I don't know if long term aging helps but a week does.

Wait, I guess my orange tootsie has had more than a week and hasn't changed. So whatever I used in that only needs about a week. My tasters all seemed to be better by a week.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    The 3 I have (TFA Double Clear, FA Chocolate, INW Chocolate Cream) like some aging. I don't know if long term aging helps but a week does.

Wait, I guess my orange tootsie has had more than a week and hasn't changed. So whatever I used in that only needs about a week. My tasters all seemed to be better by a week.

I oopsied - it's TFA Double Chocolate that I have !

Users who are viewing this thread