Rants about vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Today, I let 3 people at work ( that all smoke and have been smoking for years) try my PV for the first time (Lavatube). I had sugar cookie with a full charged batt.

Anyways, they all of course laughed and thought it was "gross" or "not the same" as they walked outside and had their smokes.

Also, 2 of them inhaled as they puffed and started coughing!!!!??? WHO DOES THAT???

Ugh, it annoys the hell outta me when people shoot down somthing when they don't know what theyre missing.

Any of you have stories of other people and your vaping? Good or bad.

ckgjt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Ga
I had a lady do the cough thing when she tried my pv. I was only using an RN4075 at the time. I didn't get the hacking when she was a pretty heavy smoker anyway. I had my brother laugh and shake his head when he saw my Provari. He said next time I come in I'd have a tube running from my mouth connected to a barrel on my back, LOL, b/c my equip keeps getting bigger and bigger. I said yeah, but I haven't smoked a real cigarette in over a year. Can he say the same thing? Nope. Whatever it takes, I say.

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
My buddy, who used to smoke, also inhaled while puffing. (like, didn't pull it into his mouth and THEN inhale...but just sucked it right down), and also coughed. I was very confused....maybe it doesn't burn enough initially, so they inhale it right away?

That's exactly what he did too.

And I asked him if he smoked cigarettes like that and he was confused at what I was even asking him... it just blew my mind.

That's like eating food and not chewing it before you swallow.

Your'e basically swallowing the smoke. Brutal...

Last edited:

Cynder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
Alaska
My brother in law and sister came over for Thanksgiving dinner, I had quit smoking just a day before. I told him about it and his first reaction was "I've tried those from some guys in the Army they are trash". My sister of course tried it straight away and then convinced him to try it an hour later. He was quite amazed.

I have converted my mom as well, but my dad won't have none of it. He takes short quick drags inhaling at the same time and he too would cough. I tell him go slow and fill your mouth first, then inhale but he just doesn't get it and doesn't want to try anymore.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
>.>
all those who inhale as they puff, raise their hands.
/raises hand.
i dunno. it's how i vape, it's also how i used to smoke cigarettes. when i started vaping i found that it felt different to inhale, and i coughed for the first little while. now i rarely cough. i didn't realize this was a weird thing to do.
my goal: make the smoke/vapor go into my lungs. most efficient way to accomplish this: inhale while you smoke/vape.

Stoggy24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
lebanon,mo
>.>
all those who inhale as they puff, raise their hands.
/raises hand.
i dunno. it's how i vape, it's also how i used to smoke cigarettes. when i started vaping i found that it felt different to inhale, and i coughed for the first little while. now i rarely cough. i didn't realize this was a weird thing to do.
my goal: make the smoke/vapor go into my lungs. most efficient way to accomplish this: inhale while you smoke/vape.

thats how i do it to i dont let it sit in my mouthh just straight to the lungs i did cough few days then was used to it i dont think ive ever donw the mouth thing when i smoked

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
It took me a while to learn to pull the vapor into my mouth only, then inhale slowly, taking in some extra air with it. What I'd done previously while smoking was to inhale pretty much straight into the back of my throat so it went straight down, "undiluted" by air. A lot of long-time smokers do seem to do that... and when the vapor hits the back of the throat, wham, dryness, coughcoughcough. ;)

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
Today, I let 3 people at work ( that all smoke and have been smoking for years) try my PV for the first time (Lavatube). I had sugar cookie with a full charged batt.

Anyways, they all of course laughed and thought it was "gross" or "not the same" as they walked outside and had their smokes.

Also, 2 of them inhaled as they puffed and started coughing!!!!??? WHO DOES THAT???

Ugh, it annoys the hell outta me when people shoot down somthing when they don't know what theyre missing.

Who does that? Probably 99% of the people who started vaping. Myself included. It's considered by most to be a much harsher TH when you start. It's much thicker (depending on juice, voltage and pv mind you) and all things considered is a new substance entering your body. Not to mention a lot of people, again including myself, are sensitive to PG. I had extreme difficulty adapting to vaping and to this day if inhaling into my lungs I have to be careful as it's painful.

kenetix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2009
Illinois
Yeah I don't get the eating smoke deal. I smoked the same way I vape. Huge mouthful and then down with air. I have tried the pulling on the drip tip with lips slightly open and down to lungs but seems to weird to do.... guess to each thier own. The reason I like vaping is it is "modern", lighting up a cigarette seems so 1950's. It's like watching an old console tv now a days when we have lcd/plasma flat screens..... What a waste to stick with the old stuff. I just don't understnd why people don't like new technology and stick with these old archaic ways of doing things.

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc

I'd be willing to bet those first few cigarettes made 'em cough too.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
You just made me pee a little lol
I tried to let my aunt use my PV. She pushed the button and took a hard drag like she was getting a hit from her albuterol inhaler and started coughing and choking like nobody's business.

It's tough to explain how to use it to someone that has no intention of learning how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread