Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
Is the dm's better than Sally's?
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

That's the general consensus. I haven't used too much since my Lemo 2 decided it doesn't want to make contact on my Invader Mini anymore, and that's what I had put it in, but next re-wicking will be DM in my Zephyrus (which has FF right now).

Reactions: TrollDragon

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
It's good, right up there with the best. Very good quality.

I will have some tidi large balls to compare soon and DM should be very similar to those.

If your in eastern Europe DM rayon balls are the way to go. It's primarily for European users as its only available there. And they don't have other options that we have in the states.

slavkov

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Bulgaria
It's good, right up there with the best. Very good quality.

I will have some tidi large balls to compare soon and DM should be very similar to those.

If your in eastern Europe DM rayon balls are the way to go. It's primarily for European users as its only available there. And they don't have other options that we have in the states.
We have all the options in the world but I'll be damned if i pay 2 euros (around 2.2 usd) for a pack of 5 sallys balls...

A bag of dm viscose - i think 100 balls, costs around 1.3 usd... [emoji1]

Last edited:

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
I ordered an Aspire Triton tank and the rebuildable coil pack. It comes with OC but I hope to be able to use rayon wicks.

I just watched a review on that one. They showed the rebuildable section, but didn't talk on it much since they hadn't looked at it enough to figure it out. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use rayon in it. It looked like the coil securing was a bit different, but the wicking should be the same.

Reactions: TrollDragon

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I haven't had any issues using rayon, Sally's, in the RBA heads for the Kanger Subtank nor the SauceCode. I'm using 2 of each and no leaks. Simple horizontal coil with the rayon trimmed to length at just outside of the chamber diameter. A little V notch in the center of the tails. I then lift them up using a tweezer to tuck everything in as I place on the chamber. Once in place I use the tweezers from the open top to position the tail over the hole paying attention to making sure that the tails are far enough down the chamber. I'm on 2 weeks with 3 of them. On one I had the density too high and the coil was seriously gunked after 2 days and I had to rewick.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I'll let you know about that, LOL. My FEV got here today.
Most Excellent!
It is an amazing atty, hope you love it like we all do.

Just rebuilt mine today with a 3.5mm spaced 26g coil @ 1.2 ohms. I have run this all the way up to 35W and vaped half a tank, a little warm for me so I'll drop it back to 25W

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
A little off topic, but not really.

Just coming down from a nic buzz at 5mg! I threw a 7 wrap, 28 gauge, titanium coil into the FEV. Wicked it up with rayon using the double penetration method. Combed the tails out, trimmed flush with the body, then trimmed down from there leaving just a little to get to the deck. Put it on an Invader Mini and loaded it up with my ADV DIY. Holy vapor, Batman! I experimented up to 40 watts, too for me, and it held constant temperature. Went through that first load in about ten drags and refilled, then ran it empty again. Amazing!

Tomorrow I'll fool with the SS mesh and see if I can get the tank working. I will say it's like working with a vaping erector set though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread