• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

RBA supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
I put Evod coils in my Pro tank and it tightens up the airy draw a bit...
Vast improvement over the original Pro tank draw.
Rebuild with cotton balls and 32 Kanthal wire, best vape ever!

You definitely have my interest. I love my pro tank but if I can improve the draw that piece would be an all day everyday for me.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Good to hear about the Evod coil heads. I'll let you guys know how they're working when they arrive (from their slow boat from China).

Weird about the ProTank. I was showing DaveLog and Sunny the guts of the little ProTank coil head, so popped it apart at the table during lunch. Couldn't get the damn thing back together, so removed the silicone cap so I could see (with Dave shining his light from his tablet, LOL). Well, I FORGOT to put the silicone cap back on.

Fast forward 5 days... THIS setup (with no cap) has vaped GREAT for 5 days. No cleaning, no wet dog or burned out juice taste. I've done nothing but fill and refill it for 4-1/2 solid days so far (probably 2-3 tank fillings a day).

Before that, every a day and a half, and I was soaking and dry burning to try to fix the gawdawful taste after a new atty head was put in. I've got 4 or 5 of the attys from before this one that are sitting that need to be pulled apart and soaked/dryburned. Ughhhh

Watch, I'll jinx it now that I've posted about it. LOL

Have you tried using one without the silicone cap?

Ok... plz forgive if wrong place to ask question. I need to order some supplies and currently use discountvapors... they do do have what I am looking for in stock. Has everyone ordered from DesertVapes and Kidney Puncher before and are they a safe online source for ordering hardware supplies? Been hearing in last week... that people have been having cc probs online... Have not received any info on specific vendors. Also, ordering from China quite interesting... but do you have to order 1,000's of one item? Thank you and vape on!

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I have ordered from both Kidney Puncher and Desert Vapes online as well as in person at meets - never had a lick of CC trouble with them. I've ordered online from Desert Vapes over the last couple of years, and Kidney Puncher in the past year.

I watch my CC account like a hawk because of all the fraud issues of late, but have (knock wood) not had any issues yet.

Ordering from the manufacturers usually requires a MOQ (minimum order quantity) to get wholesale pricing, and without wholesale pricing the shipping costs and wait times make ordering domestically a lot more reasonable.

Serial70

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Litchfield Park, AZ
Ended up making the trek all the way over to Vapor Vortex today.

Good to stop into another shop in the valley.

Tried a bunch of really awful juice flavors (cheeseburger, roasted chicken and bacon)

They do in fact have some suplies for RBAs which was awesome.

Chris ended up selling me a pre coiled wire and wick for another dripper he had which is awesome since I kind of want to take one of their classes on rebuilding before I dive into the frustration of a first time rebuild.

Great store and cool folks working in there.

Ended up buying a bottle of Hey Jude juice (tastes like the dum dum lollipops from the bank)

Swung by .... out afterwords and bought some Lucy in the Sky (Kind of a beatles themed juice day) and some Red Dude (Code Red Mountain Dew) which ended up being THE best soda vape ever (tongue tingling carbonation feel and all)

Then to make the trip full circle we stopped in at HiTec who confirmed they will soon have RBA supplies. Ended up grabbing a mini Vivi Nova from them because I can't not buy something when I go into a store and out of fear that my bank account might be severely allergic to having money in it.

All and all a good day of swinging thru most of the vape stores with my wife.

Missed out on going to Vape Escape but I also bought a new Innokin SVD this morning online and I don't want my wife thinking that I have a serious problem... which I might...

Just so you know, I teach those RBA classes :)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I think ilovenips question about ordering from China meant folks like FastTech and DealExtreme as well as some of the other vendors like BestEcig, HeavenGifts, or EastMall in China that ship to the US and have really good prices. I've ordered from all of them (but only recently from FastTech and don't have my order yet, but they have terrific reviews in the forum). I've never had a problem.

Regardless where you order, just make sure you're on a secure site when you order from anyone and while not a guarantee, it's always a good idea. You also might want to check with your CC co. to see how they handle internet fraud charges.

Serial70

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Litchfield Park, AZ
LOL I have only done one so far, but Chris is interested in more. The first class was on genisis style, but I am trying to get a couple of different cirriculae together, so we can offer classes on more popular styles than just the genisis. I'm thinking of doing a silica wick class next. When is the next west valley meet? I can put something simple together for rebuilding evod/protank/vapeonly BCC's. I have a couple of methods that I have tried and worked well. The classes are free, but I accept donations to replenish my personal stock from what I use in the class.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I'll be in touch with you soon... I'm working on finding a new location in Surprise.

A class would be FUN and I'm sure there would be no problem covering costs of anything you need. Maybe you could post about what people should buy (wick/wire) and what tools would be helpful (wire cutters, heavy needle, etc.) and that would get people ready for it.

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
Are you saying there are better tools than tweezers and nail clippers?

I'll be in touch with you soon... I'm working on finding a new location in Surprise.

A class would be FUN and I'm sure there would be no problem covering costs of anything you need. Maybe you could post about what people should buy (wick/wire) and what tools would be helpful (wire cutters, heavy needle, etc.) and that would get people ready for it.

Serial70

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Litchfield Park, AZ
I prefer 2mm silica wick, and usually 32ga kanthal and 32ga non-resistance wire. All are available on eBay (100ft of wire is like $8 with free shipping). Aside from that, I'd suggest a thick paperclip and a good pair of scissors. I don't torch my wire or wick, but that's personal preference. If you want me to get into mesh, than a torch and a cup of water are required as well.

I have ordered from both Kidney Puncher and Desert Vapes online as well as in person at meets - never had a lick of CC trouble with them. I've ordered online from Desert Vapes over the last couple of years, and Kidney Puncher in the past year.

I watch my CC account like a hawk because of all the fraud issues of late, but have (knock wood) not had any issues yet.

Ordering from the manufacturers usually requires a MOQ (minimum order quantity) to get wholesale pricing, and without wholesale pricing the shipping costs and wait times make ordering domestically a lot more reasonable.
Thank you for this great information... I appreciate. I haven't had any probs with cc but thought a good idea to ask around... ty ty ty

Maxedout

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Arizona
You definitely have my interest. I love my pro tank but if I can improve the draw that piece would be an all day everyday for me.

I just received a Pro tank from a good friend and she sent me a air flow controller.
Looks like this one:
tankairflow.png

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I also have 2 Octopus RDA on the way (and Nikrothal wire and some wicking), so I'll be doing a little studying. It looks pretty easy, but the thing I'm concerned about is getting everything right as not to damage my mods/batteries. I have a multimeter, but I'm looking for one of those atty ohm meters. NOBODY has them in stock.

Max, I picked up 2 of those airflow controllers this weekend. Thaaaaaaaaaanks for helping me to melt the credit card. LOL

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
Let me know how that air flow control works for ya.

I somehow showed some restraint and didn't buy that. Just everything else.

I did put myself on the waiting list at 2 stores for the atty ohm meters too...

And on a waiting list for an NES controller mod...

...and trying to talk myself into waiting until my one year for an epipemod

I also have 2 Octopus RDA on the way (and Nikrothal wire and some wicking), so I'll be doing a little studying. It looks pretty easy, but the thing I'm concerned about is getting everything right as not to damage my mods/batteries. I have a multimeter, but I'm looking for one of those atty ohm meters. NOBODY has them in stock.

Max, I picked up 2 of those airflow controllers this weekend. Thaaaaaaaaaanks for helping me to melt the credit card. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread