• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

RBA supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I'd love to get in on one of these classes...

I tried to recoil 2 T3 heads and was an epic fail... no big deal though as I prefer my pro tanks.

I also have a phoenix clone rda and a cobra clone rba. The cobra clone has been sitting in the box just mocking me...

I have 15 meters of silica wick on the way and plan on ordering 31 game kanthal...only because I'm indecisive and couldn't decide between 30 or 32.

I'm in ahwatukee, but definitely plan on going to the VIP meet in July...can't make June.

Thanks
Geo

Aubie80

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
I would imagine so, I used my vamo for months before getting a multimeter. You can get a cheap multimeter at harbor freight.
http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-multimeter-98025.html

They work well but before you check for ohms make sure to touch the leads together and subtract that from you coil. mine has a difference of 1 - 1.5 ohms.
Someone told me that you can get better cables that wont have that big of difference in ohms.

Last edited:

Aubie80

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
I got one of these for rebuilding the coils and rewicking: fluorescent-magnifying-lamp
It is the only way to go if you're going to work with these tiny parts!

They do come in quite handy. I got a headset that has lights and a magnifying lens but that works well also. After a while it has become almost second nature to build a coil. I do use the magnification for looking at why a hot spot has occurred.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Oh man *head slap* I have several of those. One big one that is a floor stand on wheels (vintage, I think it came out of a Doctor's office), and one that clamps to a table. Didn't ever think about using them for rebuilding. I use them with my collection (antique clothes buttons... don't ask, it'll bore the pants off of ya). I'll have to drag one out of the room and put it down stairs here with my vaping stuff.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
My RDAs arrived yesterday (Octopus) and a wad o wire and wicking (etc.). I'll play with the Octopi... Octopuses... whatever (LOL) sometime today if I get time. I'll probably watch the videos again, but wait to do rebuilds until I get some one-on-one time with someone here locally. (these and the Protanks). I have no idea how to i.d. hot spots and stuff like that. Ugh, moar stuff to learn.

It never ends. LOL

Serial70

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Litchfield Park, AZ
Maybe we should plan an 'RBA 101' breakout session after the raffle at the meet this month. Wanna head that up, Serial?

I can definitely put something together. What do you want to focus on? Genisis or silica? Any specific devices you want covered, like AGA, AGI, ProTank, Evod, etc?

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Thanks! There'll be a coupla A7's in the raffle this month from what I hear, so a blanket lesson that includes Phoenix- and Genesis- styles would probably cover the most use cases. I'm sure people have specific questions they'd like to see addressed, anyone wanna pipe up with suggestions for topics that Serial needs to cover?

Usually there's a few folks that bail after the raffle, so that'll give us a chance to consolidate seating and open up a table for you and interested parties to take over for the sake of your breakout. Sound plannish?

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
My RDAs arrived yesterday (Octopus) and a wad o wire and wicking (etc.). I'll play with the Octopi... Octopuses... whatever (LOL) sometime today if I get time. I'll probably watch the videos again, but wait to do rebuilds until I get some one-on-one time with someone here locally. (these and the Protanks). I have no idea how to i.d. hot spots and stuff like that. Ugh, moar stuff to learn.

It never ends. LOL

Seen on youtube the other day a gentlemen using a 4/40 machine screw to wrap his coil with, then used 1mm silica and a bead threading needle to rebuild a T3 head, said the same concept works flawlessly with spacing and no hot spots on protank, evod, and vivi heads as well.

The Build Itself
Machine screw coil wrap for Vivi Nova / Kanger T3 - YouTube

Installing in the T3 as well as couple other tricks
How To: Fix your leaking Kanger T3! - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread