• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

RBA supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serial70

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Litchfield Park, AZ
I prefer to not teach these styles, I feel that they are a crutch, like Dave said, once you learn how to do it correctly, you stop needing a screw or drill bit. I can show how to do it with a paper clip, that's the method I learned how to wrap coils with. I still use it to get a loose coil with no hot spots or gaps for my Divers.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
We need to do a Happy (rebuilding) Hour out here in the West Side/Surprise... hmmmm? I'll buy ya a beer/soda/coffee/whutever if you want to meet up out here with a few of us Señior Serial master builder-o-coils....

Crutch discrimination... is that legal? LOL

You can count me in!

Josh Pierce

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Avondale,Az
www.tecuniverse.com
I've actually found that I prefer using a straight pin when rebuilding my nova heads and pro tank heads. Generally I just run the wick across the pin and wrap my coil over it all, then tighten it down slightly when I pull the pin out. I've had great results with it and typically end up with around 1.8 - 2.0 ohms which is right where I want it.

Serial70

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Litchfield Park, AZ
We need to do a Happy (rebuilding) Hour out here in the West Side/Surprise... hmmmm? I'll buy ya a beer/soda/coffee/whutever if you want to meet up out here with a few of us Señior Serial master builder-o-coils....

Crutch discrimination... is that legal? LOL

Sorry for the delayed response. I am definitely able to put something together, all we need to do is find a vape friendly location and get a head count of everyone whom wants to go. Then plan a date and let me know...

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
INVITATION:

Ok, well TONIGHT Richard Gonzales is meeting me at Las Fuentes (137th Ave./Waddell) if anyone wants to meet up, have a beer/Mexican Food, what ever and watch me learn to rebuild my Octopus and make some back up coils. Probably about 4:30. I'm waiting to hear from him what time he thinks he'll get there (he gets off work at 4:00 and is driving from Bell Road and 89th Ave (or something like that). Greg Reed and his wife will probably pop by too. Anyone is welcome to come hang out and talk RBAs, give me some pointers and watch me struggle with learn this. LOL

Post here or PM me if you think you'd go.

James O

Jun 17, 2013
Arizona
INVITATION:

Ok, well TONIGHT Richard Gonzales is meeting me at Las Fuentes (137th Ave./Waddell) if anyone wants to meet up, have a beer/Mexican Food, what ever and watch me learn to rebuild my Octopus and make some back up coils. Probably about 4:30. I'm waiting to hear from him what time he thinks he'll get there (he gets off work at 4:00 and is driving from Bell Road and 89th Ave (or something like that). Greg Reed and his wife will probably pop by too. Anyone is welcome to come hang out and talk RBAs, give me some pointers and watch me struggle with learn this. LOL

Post here or PM me if you think you'd go.

Me and Sharon would love to make it but we have to pack for cali tonight. have you see this video on how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F3Qn9BqbTk

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
I've actually found that I prefer using a straight pin when rebuilding my nova heads and pro tank heads. Generally I just run the wick across the pin and wrap my coil over it all, then tighten it down slightly when I pull the pin out. I've had great results with it and typically end up with around 1.8 - 2.0 ohms which is right where I want it.

A straight pin works, but depending on the thickness, most silica, bamboo, or cotton will swell up quite a bit inside the coil choking off the juice flow. It's better to start loose using a thicker straightened paper clip (or the like) and then adjust thinner for best effect. Once you have a tried and true method down that works for you, it only gets easier and quicker to duplicate. Sounds like you're close, Josh.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Well, I had FUN last night with Richard and Carl! Rebuilding an Octopus (RDA) is easy stuff (EVEN under the influence, LOL) and I'm now understanding the resistance factor for wire length/wick thickness (Carl has an engineering background/electrical, so what a great guy to sit with and understand this stuff, and he's one of my oldest vaping buds anyway, so loved getting to see him).

I think I'm hooked on RDAs. At least the Octopus is a fast and easy rebuild. Fold the silica, wrap (no pins or other stuff needed), shove the wires in the brass pin holes, screw down the top pins to hold it, clip off the wire length, measure ohms to check, 1.7 rocks, wet it, cap it up and vape azz off.
:vapor:

YAY

Last edited:

Serial70

Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Litchfield Park, AZ
Well, I had FUN last night with Richard and Carl! Rebuilding an Octopus (RDA) is easy stuff (EVEN under the influence, LOL) and I'm now understanding the resistance factor for wire length/wick thickness (Carl has an engineering background/electrical, so what a great guy to sit with and understand this stuff, and he's one of my oldest vaping buds anyway, so loved getting to see him).

I think I'm hooked on RDAs. At least the Octopus is a fast and easy rebuild. Fold the silica, wrap (no pins or other stuff needed), shove the wires in the brass pin holes, screw down the top pins to hold it, clip off the wire length, measure ohms to check, 1.7 rocks, wet it, cap it up and vape azz off.
:vapor:

YAY

I'm glad you figured it out, I apologize for not making it, I had existing plans and couldn't get away. If you like RDA's, try looking into some of the newer silica rebuildables. The best ones in my opinion are based on the same design as the standard RDA, but use a tank and a feed mechanism rather than dripping to keep the wick wet. in fact things like the Kayfun and Taifun are modeled after RDAs and then put into a tank so you don't have to keep dripping, and they produce the same flavor and vapor. Try to find some ekowool too, after using it once you will never go back to silica unless you absolutely have to.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I've thought about the Ekowool... If one of the suppliers has it at a meet, I'd probably buy some.

Well, considering I just got in 4 new RDAs delivered late yesterday (baby squid, 2 Optimus and another Octopus in PINK), I'll be sticking with these for a while. LOL

Hope you can make it the next time we we get together to goof off and drink, I mean, learn stuff. It was a blast.

bdgusa

Unregistered Supplier
meant to send a PM... Sorry:oops:

Attachments

• DIY.jpg
    DIY.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread