How Do U Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
I use the same wire in all my rdas. I was told different rdas can demand different builds. How do u know what build to put in the rda? Do u base it on airflow? Size of the juice well? Whether u can drip from the top or not? What determines the build? My wire seems to work fine in all my rdas. But if I shud try something new I want to know what to base it on.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
base it on the results you're getting from your current build. If your current build sucks, try something else. If your current build is great, leave it alone.

What do you guys think about complicating the hell out of everything? How do you know you're thinking too hard? I want my complications to last forever since they aren't making them anymore.....what can I do to make sure my complications last forever? I love my complication.....it's an authentic. But should I try a different complication? :blink:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I use the same wire in all my rdas. I was told different rdas can demand different builds. How do u know what build to put in the rda? Do u base it on airflow? Size of the juice well? Whether u can drip from the top or not? What determines the build? My wire seems to work fine in all my rdas. But if I shud try something new I want to know what to base it on.

I used Kanthal for 2 or 3 years and it was good, but only for power mode, not TC. I tried Titanium, but it's fussy and you can't dry burn it. Some swear by it for flavor.

I use 28ga SS316L in all my builds, but as a 10W vaper 8 wraps at 2.5mm diameter puts me in the sweet spot. How do I know that? From experience and confirmation from Steam Engine. If the Heat Flux display show green you are in the sweet spot and you can vary from there to experiment. Experimentation will give you confidence and the mystery will vanish.

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Last edited:

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
base it on the results you're getting from your current build. If your current build sucks, try something else. If your current build is great, leave it alone.
I get good results so I guess Ill just leave it alone. Just curious what veteran vapers base their build on.
What do you guys think about complicating the hell out of everything? How do you know you're thinking too hard? I want my complications to last forever since they aren't making them anymore.....what can I do to make sure my complications last forever? I love my complication.....it's an authentic. But should I try a different complication? :blink:

Reactions: stols001

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
What do you guys think about complicating the hell out of everything? How do you know you're thinking too hard? I want my complications to last forever since they aren't making them anymore.....what can I do to make sure my complications last forever? I love my complication.....it's an authentic. But should I try a different complication?

Eerily accurate.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A good place to start with NEW equipment CAN be checking out some youtube reviews on your new device. That can give you a starting point of what may/could work in your new equipment..

If you like what you are using now in most of your equipment there is no real NEED to change it up, but if you want to change it up, you can also ask folks here what they are using and why (that can be very important) and also try some of your own experimentation if you are bored. Thicker vs. thinner wires, spaced vs. contact, exotic, the choices are endless.

I'd suggest you leave your layercake out of this, though. The last time you discussed recoiling it, it almost ended up in the trash and you noted you were happy you only had to recoil it :"rarely."

So perhaps 5 different experimental builds for you and the layercake in a day might not be your best option.

OH and I KNOW you LOVE your dual RDAs, but seriously sometimes for just pure experimentation a single coil device might suit your purposes. It's less labor intensive, and you are also not making, installing, balancing, and then tearing out multiple builds at a time. Sometimes the simple route is JUST easier.

Anna

Reactions: Don29palms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread