Real snus

Status
Not open for further replies.

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
Nice. Don't tongue it too much and you should be good to go. If it gets too soggy, clench your teeth and suck air through the teeth. It will dry the pris a bit without screwing with it. If it starts to slip down, either push it with the tongue and dry or blow air into your gums with your mouth closed and see if you can nudge it with the inside of your lip.

Snus is fun.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    For those who don't know, Northerner owns Getsnus. I used to order from getsnus all the time before the PACT act was passed. I still use them sometimes. The problem I have with them is that you can't get all of the different brands that you can from snuscentral or another company that ships out of sweden. I'm afraid I won't be much help on the loose snus. I have always used the portions so good luck to you mooreted. I have heard some people talk about using an icetool to make their prillas.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm glad you're doing well with it. One other thing I forgot to mention about ordering is that depending on what state you are in, the tobacco tax can be a little or a lot so when ordering from snuscentral, you don't pay tax. Just thought I'd mention that.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The shipping is more expensive thru snuscentral so depending on your tax rate then it may or may not be worth it. They also offer discounts on orders over I think $150. The last tax rate chart I saw said that the rate for California was 31.7% on smokeless tobacco.

Last edited:

njgeek

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Princeton
    The shipping is more expensive thru snuscentral so depending on your tax rate then it may or may not be worth it. They also offer discounts on orders over I think $150. The last tax rate chart I saw said that the rate for California was 31.7% on smokeless tobacco.

Dear God...are you serious?

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Ha! I wish Wisconsin's was that low. We're at 100%......

You did have to remind me to that didn't you.

Back on subject. If you like general loose you have to give Ettan a try. It's the classic tobacco flavored snus that nearly everyone likes. You have to order it though as it's not available in B&M stores.

In case you are wondering I pay over $7.00 for a can of general locally.

toot

Mar 30, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    For those Canadians out there, 711 has started selling Swedish Snus, much to the delight of my Swedish friend who is back on the snus wagon ever since. It is horribly expensive though and comes out at $16.95 per tin after tax!!!!! I am so glad I don't use snus that is craaaazy expensive. My friend was telling me that it is waaaay more addictive than ciggies. Obviously nowhere near as bad for you (physically) not so sure about financially!!!

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    For those Canadians out there, 711 has started selling Swedish Snus, much to the delight of my Swedish friend who is back on the snus wagon ever since. It is horribly expensive though and comes out at $16.95 per tin after tax!!!!! I am so glad I don't use snus that is craaaazy expensive. My friend was telling me that it is waaaay more addictive than ciggies. Obviously nowhere near as bad for you (physically) not so sure about financially!!!

I don't know that snus is any more addicting that cigarettes, I'm still at 4-5 portions a day after over 2 years, but it sounds like the Canadian government is certainly addicted to tobacco tax money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread