Real snus

Status
Not open for further replies.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
I still have seed, but am not growing any more. I learned the following:

1. If you are to grow, you need to grow it where you live, otherwise it's difficult to check on it every day. (I am in shade here, so can't grow here.)

2. So called 'organic' pesticides are not dependable.

3. What kicked off the growing was the PACT Act. It's clear now that Act did not make snus unobtainable.

However, I LOVE to grow things and tobacco is a truly beautiful plant, even if not grown for consumption. So as soon as the time and conditions are right again................

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I still have seed, but am not growing any more. I learned the following:

1. If you are to grow, you need to grow it where you live, otherwise it's difficult to check on it every day. (I am in shade here, so can't grow here.)

2. So called 'organic' pesticides are not dependable.

3. What kicked off the growing was the PACT Act. It's clear now that Act did not make snus unobtainable.

However, I LOVE to grow things and tobacco is a truly beautiful plant, even if not grown for consumption. So as soon as the time and conditions are right again................

No not unobtainable. Although prices have increased a fair amount on snus since I first started using it, it's still the post pact shipping costs that are a thorn in my side. Before pact passed it was no big deal to put in a small order for a few new flavors to try. Now if I don't put in an order big enough to last at least three or four months then I feel like I'm wasting money.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
    Mar 18, 2009
    My minimum order is 4 rolls, so the shipping cost is spread pretty thin across so many cans. It seems the PACT Act doubled shipping costs, which isn't too bad if spread across enough rolls. Now that I order 'soon to expire' snus from getsnus.com, my average cost per can on my last order was $1.70. I think the order prior to that one, the average cost per can was $2.20. However, I stay on the low end, with either Offroad or Phantom and order los only. I am still making my own portions from los, using coffee filters and saving hundreds per year compared to smoking.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Wow you are doing good werkit. I thought I was doing good at around 3.60 a can with shipping depending on what I order. Unfortunately one of my main snus has been general mint. However since thunder came out with the cool mint I might have another option.

WerkIt

ECF Veteran
    Mar 18, 2009
    That is a good price for top tier snus, especially if that price includes shipping. I got a roll of the Thunder original in my last order. Amazingly enough, I found it to be quite good, considering such a high nic level. I absolutely trust the Thunder brand now, but only in los. That one 16 mg portion left me feeling like I was swallowing gasoline.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Skrymr is a big fan of the thunder original. I've gotten to the point where I'm using more strong and extra strong portions than regular ones. I always start the day with a thunder berry and sometimes follow that with either a lab05 or a thunder cool mint before lunch. After a meal is almost always followed by a 16mg portion. Sometimes I think I'm almost immune to the nic but need the other feel good stuff in the tobacco.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread