Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Been quite happy with the innokin T20S. Is their Ares 2 worth looking at, will it be any better, is it worth the effort?

Rebuilding & rebuildables (regardless of the brand and model) are not for everyone. Because even if you can get to a point where you can build and wick a rebuildable properly in 60 seconds, that's still 45 seconds longer than it would take you to change a factory coil in a non-rebuildable tank. Some vapers do not want to be bothered with any of this rebuilding stuff.

If you desire as much convenience as possible when it comes to vaping, then rebuildables are not for you.

So be honest with yourself. If the thought of putting more time and effort into vaping is not appealing to you, then no rebuildable (Ares 2 or any other) will be "worth the effort".

For me, it's worth it as long as I am able to rebuild. It saves me tons of money and gives me more control over my vaping. And using rebuildable atomizers sure beats trying to rebuild factory coil heads lol.

Last edited:

Steamhammer

ECF Veteran
    Jun 5, 2020
    Germany
    If you're happy with your current setup, then there's no need for a change.

But if you're eager to learn and broaden your horizons, then the Ares, or any other rebuildable, is worth a try. I don't know the T20S, but I think a proper RTA should give you noticably more flavor. At least it is much more versatile and you have many options to play with.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Don't think so much in terms of rebuilding being about convenience. Once you know how to rebuild you make your own ease of use. Rather consider why it is that you want to vape at all? In the end it's about taking control of what you put in your body, at long last. The enjoyment is the certain wonderful side benefit over the alternatives.

Good luck. :)

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    I was running 6-7 protanks (factory coils) and jumped in by getting a rebuildable. Took 10 minutes to build the coil after watching a Youtube video. The flavor was much better. I suddenly bought 6 more rebuildables.

I never went back and PIF'd the Protanks.

That was about 5-6 years ago.

D_Carbs

Sep 28, 2020
    Hello Folks: While agree with the ease of stock coils, I personally find enjoyment in building simple coils for my vaping, and the massive savings that I get from doing so. I find that I can dry-fire and re-wick cotton for a heckuva lot longer than I could use a stock coil, and I'm concerned that at some point, we might find it more difficult to obtain stock coils. A relatively short learning curve does indeed put you in much more control over what your coil is made of, and how you can change things up to suit yourself.
    PS - TOTALLY agree with comment above regarding finding the right tank...there are so many choices. It's well-worth doing some good research, talking to people, and even if possible "hitting" a tank before deciding to get one you'd like to keep.
    (Long-winded, I Know)...AND IAN. I actually do still use my T20 a bit, but use my T18 every day as a stealthy, non-clouding, incognito, work device...for as long as I am able to keep getting coils - I'll use it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Most of the time a rebuildable tank is worth the effort.
    I only got a few juice where I prefer a stock coil, just 2 to be honest, all my other setup run rebuildable tanks.
    Price wise there isnt a competetion, a bag cotton and a spool of wire last for a very long time!

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    If drop in coils become no longer available, then it would be necessary to build your own. Same as stocking up nicotine and flavorings for DIY, stock up on a few RDA'S and RTA's. Get another mod or two. Tis the season for shinyitis. Wire will be available from wire manufacturers because of all the various non vape related uses. Same with batteries. But atomizers and mods my be hard to get soon so get what you can while you can. I'm almost set for life with nicotine and will be getting a few more RTA'S and possibly one more mod soon. Or two. For now, I'm still loving the fireluke mesh and have a small stash of extra coils with plans for another 5 pack or two. Building your own coils isn't that hard really once you get the hang of it. So, I'll say yes, it's worth learning. Same with DIY juice. Go for it, you wont be disappointed. You can clean and rewick a well built set of coils far far longer than you can use a drop in. A week or two for a drop in coil or months and months with a hand wrapped coil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread