Recommend MTL RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Damn, got myself a SXK Doggy Style 2k16 from FT after being recommended by you folks just to find out that it only has a plastic tank and my all-day is a "tank Killer" ... bummer... was exited to try this simple "high flavour" MTL RTA.... so what are the alternatives? Or are there any glass tanks for this atty?

I don't know of any glass tanks for the Doggystyle, but I would recommend you buy an MTL RTA with a glass tank. The Digiflavor Siren, has a glass tank, is an amazing flavor tank, and it's the easiest to build and wick I've ever used. The v1 Siren is still available from U.S. vendors like myvpro.com, eciggity.com and vapordna.com for around $25 or $26. You can get it cheaper from efuntop.com, a vendor in China, selling them for $20. I think GearBest has it too, but I don't know what the price is.

We've heard from Digiflavor that a V2 Siren will be available either this month or next, if you want to wait for the new one. It sounds like the V2 will have all of the characteristics that made the v1 so great, but there's no way to tell for sure until they release the V2. I'm such a huge fan of the Siren V1, that if I were you, I'd snap up at least one V1 right away, especially since you are fairly new to building.

Another MTL RTA that offers great flavor and a glass tank is the Coppervape Skyline. I don't have one yet, but I'll definitely get one soon. It's available at Fast Tech, 3FVAPE.com, 2fdeal.com and probably a couple other Chinese vendors as well.

Bambel

Jul 17, 2017
Hi there.. i'm new to this forum, so this will be my first post.

For MTL i can also recommend the Smok micro TFV4 with the RBA head (they call it RCA) with the restriction plug installed. Unfortunately, albeit the tank comes with one RCA head, the plug is missing in the package. So you would have to buy another RBA/RCA separately. Draw with the plug is a little bit tighter than e.g. on the Siren set to the smallest hole.

The tank itself is very nice as it comes with three different sized glass tanks so you can customise it to your preference with 2.5, 3.5 or 5.0ml capacity (there are two chimney extensions for the medium and large tank included). The swivel topfill is amazing, especially on the go as you don't have to put a topcap away, it stays with the tank. From my experience it doesn't leak and the topcap stays in place very firm, even if you carry it in a pocket.

HTH,
b.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
JW is correct about the Siren V1 being a Great MTL tank, and some of us run ours to get a really tight draw. The Coppervape Hussar is another very good MTL RTA, I use both each and every day setup for a very tight draw, both are roll your own coils/wicks. I'm waiting on the Coppervape SkyLine to ship from FT and expect that one also to be a great MTL RTA.

As far as a Clearo goes, I have used a Aspire, oh geeze, It was on the tip of my tongue and forgot it. I have the mini though. Nautilus, that's it.:blush:

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you want a drop-in tank, the Kabuki is a real flavor tank but uses Nautilus BVC coils. Can get a clone on FT if you want to try it out for less $$ although to me the clone isn't a 1:1 comparison, I do prefer the original but it's a good way to get a sense for what the tank can do.

For RTAs, I have been VERY happy with the Siren V2, it's an easy build deck and with the right wicking and airflow, I think it's a great flavor tank. The doggystyle gets great reviews but I will admit mine and I have a hate-hate relationship, I have tried building unsuccessfully several times and set it aside until after Christmas, but many folks love it. I can attest to the fact that it is NOT a leaker, I just can't get it vaping (I do have an essential tremor though). I also like the Vandy Vape Berserker for great flavor and a true MTL experience. I enjoyed building on the Hussar, and it's a very versatile setup, the Coppervape clone is recommended. Have also built a few Kayfun clones and enjoyed them as well.

Good luck deciding

Anna

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Ended up ordering that Kayfun V3 Mini by SXK with the extra metal tank from 3Fvape. Can't wait for it to get here. Thanks again!
The kayfun mini v3 is probably my favorite rta ever, but not sure if it's going to be tight enough for you....yes you can adjust the draw, but the adjustment isn't that exact once you get to to the tigher end of that screw adjustment. ..I know you ordered already and I truly hope you like it. Now the new prime has a proper af adjustment and at the tightest hole, it's 1mm which is probably how you like it....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread