Small RTA for MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
that wasnt my post in the group I just wanted to show a example of the issue with a picture from the group. I had the issue with mine the juice flow control was not closing all the way when it was new but got it sorted out the tripod is a very nice tank at a very reasonable price point I would recomend it as its not crazy high priced very high quality and great support from the manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
Nothing I posted here or there should be taken offensively. :) I am only trying to get to the bottom of it in case it ever happens to me or someone else here, there or anywhere so that I may be able to offer info to help. Simple. In my professional career I was a troubleshooter and dug deep. Yes, Taz is very responsive as I've had many email exchanges with him (and others). :D

On my batch 1 Tripod I apply VG, regular juice will work, to the deck and AFC o-rings when I clean it. On my batch 2 Tripod I only lube the deck o-ring (JFC is smooth). The circumference of the AFC on the batch 2's was made slightly larger to make it easier to move vs B1.

Edgree

May 14, 2019
Nothing I posted here or there should be taken offensively. :) I am only trying to get to the bottom of it in case it ever happens to me or someone else here, there or anywhere so that I may be able to offer info to help. Simple. In my professional career I was a troubleshooter and dug deep. Yes, Taz is very responsive as I've had many email exchanges with him (and others). :D

On my batch 1 Tripod I apply VG, regular juice will work, to the deck and AFC o-rings when I clean it. On my batch 2 Tripod I only lube the deck o-ring (JFC is smooth). The circumference of the AFC on the batch 2's was made slightly larger to make it easier to move vs B1.
Wasnt offensive I can understand questioning when someone says their apart of a closed group theirs a lot of people in these forums that bull.... about everthing I been in the vape community for a while now and belong to a lot of groups to acquire high end limited RTA's I dont offend easy .... I just got thrown out of Jai hazes wicks and coils group for making a statment about him as an entertainer or a reviewer he brought out the subject in his video review then i brought it up in his group and they thru me out then jai had to justfy throwing me out in one of his videos last week and said i was a dick about it and that was the farthest thing from the truth.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What the heck? MTL with 4 coils???

That is one of my very FAVORITE TANKS, I have like 6 backups and a fair number in operation.

I know this tank got some flak but OH BOY was I glad I got my first one. I run a diagonal coil across the 4 posts, it NEVER leaks, and it's a fanastic vape. I like it airy, but I'm telling you, it's the best. You can close the airflow down.

This was one of my best mistakes ever I thought I was getting something else.

Other MTL goodness: The Siren V2, doggystyle (get the top fill) if you really want to go MTL nuts get a berserker. Also, the Ephro Nature true tank is the bomb, also.

Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Hcigar clone of the svoemesto kayfun 3.1 Im not sure but thats one of the first svoemesto kayfuns from like 2013.
What I'm asking is how does it work? How do I build it? I know nothing about kayfuns, but they seem very popular.
I just watched a review on the Kayfun Lite 2019 (clone) My big issue is no adjustable airflow! If it's too restricted it's useless to me.

Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Anna, I like the berserker (and the mini) and the rose looks cool, but that build deck is funky. Reviews say they both vape great!
Ephro Nature true tank also looks great! What I don't get is why you hate the Ares. Is that the one with adjustable wick channel? If so, the review I watched warned about that and said do not twist that part on (it will change adjustment) just push it on. Might be another tank I'm thinking of... too tired to check, been watching reviews for hours. Basically, found some killer deals on mods and tanks, but the last time I posted some, by the time I had some funds they were gone.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Both the Ares and the True are what I'd describe as not overly restricted airflow. Problem with the Ares is a lot of folks have found manufacturing issues with them, particularly with the top fill design not sealing as it should. That said many are happy with them. I threw mine in the bin in disgust at the top cap.

You're going to have to jump in at some point, take a risk, and go from there. Give the True a go. They are nicely made, inexpensive and give good flavour. They are nowhere near as restricted as a Berserker and even if you don't like it you will at least know why and can use that to decide where to go from there. The Ares is at least as airy as the True, if not more so, should you decide to give one a go.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    • Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ

Edgree

May 14, 2019
    What I'm asking is how does it work? How do I build it? I know nothing about kayfuns, but they seem very popular.
    I just watched a review on the Kayfun Lite 2019 (clone) My big issue is no adjustable airflow! If it's too restricted it's useless to me.
    The kayfun 2019 lites airflow is adjustable from the screw in the 510 pin. Its a very good tank easy to wick. I use 28g ss316 simple round wire in mine I have both a sxk clone 24mm with extension tank and a 22mm authentic. I use my 24mm clone everyday for work and have no issues with it 20 including shipping from 3fvape you might want to give it a try.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I am so done with drop in coils! So many issues... clogs, "burnt" taste, quality control. I did buy some once on e-bay (yes I was warned) and not surprised I got some bad ones, but now my brand new authentic coil failed.
    I need a small RTA for MTL that will work with my small mod (Innokin EZ Watt) The mod only has three wattage ranges: 13-14, 16-18, and 30-35. Must have adjustable airflow (I do MTL but don't like overly restricted airflow, also like restricted DTL) I don't mind making my own coils, but would be nice if the RTA came with a few to get me started.

The atty that comes on the innokin mod your using is 20.5mm in diameter, so going by that I've got three choices for you.

CoilART SALT RTA BLACK

^^^ that one is an 18mm rta

The Kayfun mini v3 is a 19mm rta, but it's 100 dollars unless you get the clone, but the mini v3 clones have been discontinued at Fasttech from the looks of it, so it may be more difficult to find.

The Taifun GS2 is another choice for a small mtl rta.

Edgree

May 14, 2019
    I am so done with drop in coils! So many issues... clogs, "burnt" taste, quality control. I did buy some once on e-bay (yes I was warned) and not surprised I got some bad ones, but now my brand new authentic coil failed.
    I need a small RTA for MTL that will work with my small mod (Innokin EZ Watt) The mod only has three wattage ranges: 13-14, 16-18, and 30-35. Must have adjustable airflow (I do MTL but don't like overly restricted airflow, also like restricted DTL) I don't mind making my own coils, but would be nice if the RTA came with a few to get me started.
    Not realizing your diameter requirments.. the dvarw rta is very good and comes in 16mm version again 3fvape clone only $ 15

Edgree

May 14, 2019
    Tell us where you live and maybe someone will send you an early Christmas present. Another option is Fastech. Doggy's are cheap as chips.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/6353800
    vape1960. Are you in the states? I see moneys tight I have an extra jac vapour dna 75 b series mod that might make it a little easyrr for you to find an rta for its 23mm dia. You would have to get a 18650 batt for it but let me know.

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I'm in California (I thought I put that in my profile?) Hey folks, I wasn't seeking pity (although I'm also not too proud to accept a gift) I just wanted to be clear that it's not hesitation and/or indecision. Yes, I need another mod (wearing the little EZ Watt out) but even it can take 22mm tank (I also have a Nautilus x)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I'm in California (I thought I put that in my profile?) Hey folks, I wasn't seeking pity (although I'm also not too proud to accept a gift) I just wanted to be clear that it's not hesitation and/or indecision. Yes, I need another mod (wearing the little EZ Watt out) but even it can take 22mm tank (I also have a Nautilus x)

Ahh that's useful to know.. I was just going by what comes standard on that mod..

If your wanting a looser mtl to a restricted lung capability, the Coppervape Hussar Project X clone is getting rave reviews, and it can be had on Fasttech for under 20 dollars..

(I've got one in my cart as we speak.. lol)

I'd pay the extra 2 dollars for the shipping upgrade though, it will still take 3 weeks to get to you but it's faster than the free free shipping..

Liion wholesale or IMR batteries for your batteries and a 2 bay charger..

I don't know if the jac has an onboard charger or not, but getting an external charger is always best if you can afford.

As far as the whole not asking for handouts, we've all been broke and can relate to brokeness.. lol. No worries.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    If your wanting a looser mtl to a restricted lung capability, the Coppervape Hussar Project X clone is getting rave reviews, and it can be had on Fasttech for under 20 dollars..
    That one is totally on my list! Give me a few minutes and I'll post my "wishlist"

• Love
    Reactions: Opinionated
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread