Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hi all,

I’ve been out of the rebuildable game for a while now, and am getting back into it after getting a kayfun Prime. I’m looking around, and all I see are cloud chasing atomizers... which I do dabble in when I find aesthetics I like (recently got an Entheon) but my day to day vape is typically MTL, ~1.0 ohm, rarely exceeding 15 watts, single coil (yeah I know... I’m from the caveman vaping days!)

Any recommendations for both tanks and drippers for that kind of setup?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
This is a really good clone rta. well built and lots of air flow options. great for mtl
7935300-2.jpg

$18.60 Coppervape Skyline Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4ml / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
Just the typical for me. Hussar makes single coil mtl, so does Kayfun - good things about the prime although I still use the four more often than not, Tilemahos Armed is another, Squape R. All good for mtl even today.

I think people forget what a good vape the Kayfun 4 gave. I just wish it wasn’t such a PITA to clean and maintain. The Prime is excellent though, it took me back to the Kayfun Lite glory days :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I think people forget what a good vape the Kayfun 4 gave. I just wish it wasn’t such a PITA to clean and maintain. The Prime is excellent though, it took me back to the Kayfun Lite glory days :)

I think they don't make as many new mtl attys because unlike the cloud chasing children we don't run out and buy a new atty daily. With a few higher end rtas our life is complete. Lol..

Last edited:

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
I think they don't make as many new mtl attys because unlike the cloud chasing children we don't run out and buy a new atty daily. With a few higher end rtas our life is complete. Lol..
I enjoy a fair amount of clouds, as that is what keeps me from smoking, and rest assured I am not a child. Your post is an example of the reason I rarely post here any longer....I get tired of the insults and digs at people who may enjoy clouds or higher wattage vaping, or in short....people who vape differently than you.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Woah, I think Opinionated's post was made in jest. For one, there are plenty of MTL new atomizers that have either just been released or about to be released, and two, the majority of "cloud chasers" are younger folks, I think "cloud chasing" is a bit of a different term than sub0hming, and I think there are companies like smok that target a younger demographic (though there are plenty of older folks who enjoy them also), etc. I don't think it was meant as an insult, I think the whole thing was more joking in tone. I could be wrong. But, I'm a MTL vaper and I think there is nothing wrong with sub0hming in the least. I do NOT like "cloud chasing competitions" due to the fact that they are unsafe, and accidents have happened giving vaping a bad name. Though, when my son (who was a sub0hm vaper before he quit) tried very hard last night to convince me that this was actually a "sport" and that it developed one's "lung capacity."

He made me giggle actually, but he's fun like that, the kid. His perspective on vaping is that it was a fun activity and better than smoking, but he was never a hard core smoker like I was-- he was led to vaping quite early in his smoking journey and I supported it for the harm reduction aspects. At 20, he's been an ex vaper for 7 or 8 months now, and I am super proud of him (for vaping instead of smoking-- in whatever manner worked for him) and for then quitting vaping entirely.

So, I do see both sides of the issue, and due to my own decades worth of smoking I tend to lean toward the harm reduction approach and sometimes forget that those "cloud chasers" are not all kids, and even if they are, it's still SO MUCH better than smoking. The kiddo won the "sport" argument by the way, we went through and compared it, and all sports are dangerous, require practice, etc. the kid presented valid arguments.

It is still a good reminder for *me* to be thoughtful, I certainly don't feel like it's my place to tell ANYONE how to vape....

Anna

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Oy... Come on guys, she was joking. There's a fair amount of rather benign teasing going on between the two camps and I don't think any of this is malicious or intended to insult anybody.

If you want to know how the term "tootle puffer" was coined, here's the original conversation (I didn't feel insulted, I just laughed and embraced the term--I thought it was really funny)...

(snip)
The market is highly suspicious of the one thing left for tight-draw-low-wattage-tootle-puffers that could be a "game changer" and that's better wicking materials. (snip)

What did you just call me????????????????????? :facepalm: :lol:
(snip)

The rest is history. ;)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hi all,

I’ve been out of the rebuildable game for a while now, and am getting back into it after getting a Kayfun Prime. I’m looking around, and all I see are cloud chasing atomizers... which I do dabble in when I find aesthetics I like (recently got an Entheon) but my day to day vape is typically MTL, ~1.0 ohm, rarely exceeding 15 watts, single coil (yeah I know... I’m from the caveman vaping days!)

Any recommendations for both tanks and drippers for that kind of setup?
I'm in the same place you except I don't do tanks, only rda's at 16 watts, 1.3 ohm staiinless coils with temp limiting so there's no pressure to re drip in the car or at some inconvenient time. The only rda I can find that does everything I need it to is the SV rda clone, $7-8 from Fasttech. I fire that with a Pico using Arctic fox firmware. One lg hg2 gets me through a full work day with no need to recharge. My whole setup is in the signiture area below.

Here is what I carry all day every day. It's ghetto but rugged, easy to pocket, discrete. I can move the slip ring easily to cover the air supply so no leaking unless it gets upside down.
20170806_184409.jpg

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I enjoy a fair amount of clouds, as that is what keeps me from smoking, and rest assured I am not a child. Your post is an example of the reason I rarely post here any longer....I get tired of the insults and digs at people who may enjoy clouds or higher wattage vaping, or in short....people who vape differently than you.

It was very lighthearted in nature - we DO a fair amount of that both here and in person between the mtl and cloud chasers.. its never meant to "insult" anyone.

My son (who is a 33 year old man) and I tease one another all the time about our different vaping styles.. it's born of love and fun not anything else..

there are plenty of young people who tootle puff and plenty of older people who blow clouds too..

it's just lighthearted playfulness not insulting or hateful...or judgmental

I understand people take things according to what's in their heart, perhaps your heart should smile more?????? Mine does all the time, I guarantee you that ..

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
It was very lighthearted in nature - we DO a fair amount of that both here and in person between the mtl and cloud chasers.. its never meant to "insult" anyone.

My son (who is a 33 year old man) and I tease one another all the time about our different vaping styles.. it's born of love and fun not anything else..

there are plenty of young people who tootle puff and plenty of older people who blow clouds too..

it's just lighthearted playfulness not insulting or hateful...or judgmental

I understand people take things according to what's in their heart, perhaps your heart should smile more?????? Mine does all the time, I guarantee you that ..
Point taken. Thank you.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'm in the same place you except I don't do tanks, only rda's at 16 watts, 1.3 ohm staiinless coils with temp limiting so there's no pressure to re drip in the car or at some inconvenient time. The only rda I can find that does everything I need it to is the SV rda clone, $7-8 from Fasttech. I fire that with a Pico using Arctic fox firmware. One lg hg2 gets me through a full work day with no need to recharge. My whole setup is in the signiture area below.

Here is what I carry all day every day. It's ghetto but rugged, easy to pocket, discrete. I can move the slip ring easily to cover the air supply so no leaking unless it gets upside down.
View attachment 695281

Hey that's cool!

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I'm using a clone of the original D o g e with a narrow bore, very generic oldskool drip tip. The funny thing is these were labeled as "competition" atomizers but now are as mid-range and generic as you can get. However, of the many generic RDAs I've looked at since, few if any have this combination of large e_juice well and cap-based airflow adjustment including dual and single coil modes. I am using a Delrin blocker plate however to slightly improve flavor with a single coil. Using 14-16 W.

I used a Derringer for a while which is considered a great flavor atty, but I found it tended to have hot vapor and when it heated up it damaged the e_juice remaining in it, so later hits after a drip could have very poor taste. Most people who stick with it seem to remove the airflow control ring and use it as a wide-open dual coil, which is a non-starter for me. I'm looking at checking out the SV and the Narda as alternates, but they are also perhaps too small and also the Narda comes with a wide drip tip which gives me negative confidence and the centered single coil design could too much spitback and be too hot (I have a Nectar RDTA which I can't see liking over 5 watts due to these issues in what looked like a great design).

When I went back to the D o g e after the Derringer, it seemed so roomy to build in.

(edited out vaping.com autolinks as software is messing them up and they don't actually carry anything I'm talking about, I looked.)

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread