RDA First rda single coil recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennedyKills

Jul 3, 2015
WI
The Mutation X V4 might be a good one to start with, as it has options for airflow for single OR dual coil, that way you can change it up if you decide you like one or the other - just have to be careful with how you drip so it doesn't leak. You can pick it up at vapordna for 29.99

It also has a pretty decent sized deck so its pretty easy to build on

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Mutation X v4 for single coil would be a huge PITA to set up for a single coil, especially for a person who's getting their first rda. I mean putting the rubber stopper in one side, setting the coil directly over the bottom airflow to prevent leaking, not over dripping, etc.
@snkrumble - what kind of draw are you looking for? Airy, constrictive, or a little bit of both?
If you want a little bit of both, with the potential to build duals in the future & have a decent restrictive draw or the option to have it wide open, check out the Derringer. It's a great tiny little atty.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
This. It's what I learned on.
Same here. Rocked that Magma with a single coil until I really got comfortable with wrapping coils. I also find that the Derringer works really well with a single coil. I tried my Mutation X V3 in single coil mode and didn't enjoy it too much. The flavor just isn't there. Didn't try my V4 single coil and I don't use it very often anyway because in my experience you have to be very careful when dripping otherwise it leaks like a sieve. The flavor is surprisingly good (it's not gonna be confused for a flavor chasing RDA or anything but for the amount of airflow the flavor is nice) even with the top airflow wide open but it's kind of a pain because of the bottom airflow holes.

cmillion

Dec 7, 2014
Chicago, IL US
I have been dripping for almost six months now. As of today I own four RDAs which I will give you some personal opinions on.

My builds are very simple. Single micro coils ranging from .5 - 1.2ohm using 24 or 26ga kanthal. I use either a 2.2mm or 2.4ish millimeter screwdriver to wrap on.

My first RDA was a Magma clone. It's stupid simple. Two post, bottom airflow. It is built for flavor. It can chuck, but then you lose the flavor and rick second degree burns. It can leak like a box of rotten tomatoes. It has been my #1 att over the last few months.

I recieved a Veritas clone and authentic Mutation X3 shortly after the Magma. The Veritas is a thorn in the ... to rebuild. Once you've spent two hours positioning and wicking your coil, all is well. Great flavor, decent airflow, and leakproof. The Mutation X3 is collecting dust somewhere in a box. Try as I may, it never hits my sweet spot. Dual and single mode, wicking, positioning, airflow... it never seems right. She sure can chuck mad clouds, flavorless clouds though.

Today I brought home a Freakshow Mini. <3♡<3. It has the flavor of the Magma with the bottom airflow, but allows for good lung hits. Super simple to build on.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
I want to pickup a rda. Looking for some single coil recommendations. Even a good Clone just curious looking for something decent.

Origen v3 is a good choice. You can build single coils, vertical and horizontal, have a deep juice well, and have multiple airflow choices. When you decide to move on to dual coils, you can do that without buying another atty since the Origen v3 does both single and dual coils. It's a great quality RDA to buy. Check out reviews by other users and decide for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread