Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Define “easy to carry around”. The smaller a thing is generally the more poorly it works. There are some really small but really awful devices out there. Even the really big stuff is still portable. There needs to be a minimum level of device performance or a maximum level of weight and space used.

Reactions: Baditude

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
As long as we’re randomly yelling out small devices I’ll go “geekvape flint”.

I can tell you what I bought for my sister though who was using a kanger evod. I bought her a target mini V1 and a nautilus2 tank. It was a while ago though.

Just like with everything else if you lower the size you reduce the features.

One possibility for instance would be an eroll MAC. Those things actually look like cigarettes.

Reactions: DeloresRose

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Define “easy to carry around”. The smaller a thing is generally the more poorly it works. There are some really small but really awful devices out there. Even the really big stuff is still portable. There needs to be a minimum level of device performance or a maximum level of weight and space used.
Boulder rock pod device or smok infinix pod device are both great ... I have them both among others but those 2 are alright to grab-to-go-with !!

• Useful
Reactions: gerrymi

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
As long as we’re randomly yelling out small devices I’ll go “geekvape flint”.

I can tell you what I bought for my sister though who was using a kanger evod. I bought her a target mini V1 and a nautilus2 tank. It was a while ago though.

Just like with everything else if you lower the size you reduce the features.

One possibility for instance would be an eroll MAC. Those things actually look like cigarettes.

There have been some reports of leakage and liquid in the mouth with the new eRoll MAC, check the thread in the Joyetech part of ECF. Some modifications seem to have already taken place.

I have a sample on the way sometime next week, but they told me they were OOS just now, which is odd - unless they had decided to make urgent further modifications and stopped production temporarily.

I agree, the shape and form factor is an attraction to those who like the ciggy look and feel, they were fairly successful first time around, so hopefully they have made improvements.

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Boulder rock pod device or smok infinix pod device are both great ... I have them both among others but those 2 are alright to grab-to-go-with !!
How is this a reply to me? It doesn’t define size or features and you’re not the OP. It’s just more random naming of small form factor pod devices.

The boulder rock is a PEAS with an admittedly better form factor but I’m not sure it’s even made any more. AFAIK all SMOK devices still have the standard SMOK brand massive reliability problems.

Reactions: GOMuniEsq

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There have been some reports of leakage and liquid in the mouth with the new eRoll MAC, check the thread in the Joyetech part of ECF. Some modifications seem to have already taken place.

I have a sample on the way sometime next week, but they told me they were OOS just now, which is odd - unless they had decided to make urgent further modifications and stopped production temporarily.

I agree, the shape and form factor is an attraction to those who like the ciggy look and feel, they were fairly successful first time around, so hopefully they have made improvements.
Good to know. I haven’t bought one yet and probably won’t be in the market for a new device for at least a few months. Maybe things will be worked out by then.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I 2nd the justfog minifit

I 3rd the Justfog Minifit...

It's one of the few Pods with Constant Voltage (the Voltage stays the same until the battery dies)…[most Pods are Direct Voltage where the Voltage drops as the battery's charge drops]...

It's about the size of a USB Flash Drive...and gives a quite satisfying MTL vaping experience...

Vapecrawler

Reactions: FranC

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I 3rd the Justfog Minifit...

It's one of the few Pods with Constant Voltage (the Voltage stays the same until the battery dies)…[most Pods are Direct Voltage where the Voltage drops as the battery's charge drops]...

It's about the size of a USB Flash Drive...and gives a quite satisfying MTL vaping experience...

Vapecrawler

Constant voltage is a ten year old feature that was commonly available in ego style batteries. One more piece of evidence that pods are just plastic covered old tech cigalikes .

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
How is this a reply to me? It doesn’t define size or features and you’re not the OP. It’s just more random naming of small form factor pod devices.

The boulder rock is a PEAS with an admittedly better form factor but I’m not sure it’s even made any more. AFAIK all SMOK devices still have the standard SMOK brand massive reliability problems.
They both seem alright to me but each to his/her own ! lol

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
They both seem alright to me but each to his/her own ! lol
Oh, they are. For certain definitions of alright. Those seem to be yours though so that’s fine.

SMOK is dead famous for making exceptionally unreliable electronics though. Which means it will work fine until it suddenly doesn’t. Often but not always long before it should.

I’ve heard many good things about the boulder. For a single microcoil glass wick pod it’s supposed to be quite good. In particular it’s got a better form factor than the peas which is supposed to be internally identical. The question of course is if and for how long will one be able to buy parts to make it work. Proprietary is proprietary after all.

• Agree
Reactions: vicsch

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This is not that unlike "what's the best travel size shampoo".

The vape ants E8 is about the size of a AA battery. A Vaporesso Target Mini II is a full featured device in a very small package. The choices in between are infinity and beyond these days.
this.

To cut it down to fewer choices we need more data.
Have you vaped before? What did you like/not like?
Former smoker? How many packs/day?
What nation do you live in? (This affects what is available and what the applicable laws are)

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
My my are we having a bad day ... lol !!
Now that's entirely untrue. I'm having a great day! Just concerned that this brand new account which started several vapid threads all at once might speak binary or turn out to be an unlicensed supplier. It wouldn't be the first one I've caught. On the bright side at least there are no claims of wacky medical problems so far.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Oh, they are. For certain definitions of alright. Those seem to be yours though so that’s fine.

SMOK is dead famous for making exceptionally unreliable electronics though. Which means it will work fine until it suddenly doesn’t. Often but not always long before it should.

I’ve heard many good things about the boulder. For a single microcoil glass wick pod it’s supposed to be quite good. In particular it’s got a better form factor than the peas which is supposed to be internally identical. The question of course is if and for how long will one be able to buy parts to make it work. Proprietary is proprietary after all.
I reckon ! ... Whatever u say ! lol

Reactions: newyork13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread