Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2010
Columbia, SC
Two hooks up fer Pchela's review! And a bottle of rum (with a lit hankerchief shoved down the neck) fer the rude customer who shot Cappy the f bomb. I learned back in the old days never to assume out loud spewing profanity a part wasn't packed and shipped, cause when you find it, it just makes an ... of you.

aidreon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
France
Thanks DD, I'm so happy I now have this Caddy to keep them all together, my GF wanted to send an email to Cappy herself to thank him...my desk is now tidy, first time I can see it in months :D
Cappy: I feel ashamed...just checked the website and realised you already put all the info about the finish and maintenance I needed there...dhoooo! :oops:

Wrote a review for the Caddy and the D2 as a way of saying sorry, but I would be accepting being tied up to the main mast for nine days and nine nights if you think I deserve it!

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
No. No it is not too much to ask. Why didn't it include the cable?
Must have missed it in quality control. :(

Either way, don't you just love Christmas in November.

Most definitely! I wouldn't have bought it if not for 0% interest for 6 months on it. Been waiting for black ops myself as well :D

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy all, looks like the thread shut down today, hope that means everyone is out playing or something?

Just shut down the shop. I finished up some desk caddies that can ship tomorrow and I also got the body wood cut for the batch. Next I will start making door panels and insetting them into the boxes. Hopefully the batch will be done in around 3 weeks, time to ride that roller-coaster again eh?

I wanted to comment on a couple of issues that I have heard from various people over the last couple months.

1: Doors too tight.

I have gotten two mods back that had to have the door panels sanded a bit more as they swelled and became too tight and were sticking. All the wood I use has a tendancy to swell and shrink no matter how much they are sealed, the ambient temperature itself can do this. It is wood and I cannot escape the nature of wood to adjust itself to the local climate.

I try to gauge by what type of wood I am using as to how much of a gap I leave between the door panel and the body. Some are bigger than others but I have not had a complaint of sticking doors in the last couple batches so I assume I am getting it right now.

2: Atomizer connecter. Atty/carto seems crooked.

The 510 atomizer connectors I use are cheaply made in quantity from China. If there are a better quality atomizer connector made somewhere else I am unaware of it and have to use what is available. I cannot correct this problem, but I can replace a connector if it appears grossly crooked, you never know, it might actually be slightly skewed inside.

The silicone/rubber seal inside is not very robust and tends to fail from being squashed by atomizers during use. Since I started filling the inside of the atomizer connector with glue there have been hardly any failures from this, so the trick must be working ok.

Speaking of failures. Mods up to the Cutlass 5.1 had a, what was it, 30% return rate for repair/tweaking? Then with the Mark-7,8 and 9 the failure rate dropped to around 13% if I recall correctly. So far (knock on wood) the failure rate of the next generation of II's has a 0% failure rate, time will tell how that plays out.

I really need to post a FAQ on the website....

I mentioned the finish before and how it is done. I am sure there are better ways to finish a mod, but I do not have the knowledge to do it so I am sticking with what I know and most people are happy with the results.

Website. I am hounding David to give me several things, a gallery of mods, some type of rewards/points system for previous buyers, a rewards system for reviews, but I am at the mercy of what he can do and he is somewhat learning as he goes along and also dealing with his class schedule. He is staring his final year of college soon and I do not dare to steal too much of his time during classes.

I'm also hoping some kind of reward system will spawn more reviews, as always they are hard to come by.

Prices. The price of the Cruiser* at $89 is too low, but people love them and I love making people happy so will keep making them but perhaps in smaller quantities. The price of the Cutlass and Destroyers is too high, but cutting the price back down will put me back into the red again and I want to keep making these for as long as I can, but I am going to see if I can drop the price a bit next batch.

Desk caddy sales help a lot, the overhead is much less and the profit is better. Yup, they help the bottom line of RSM a lot so if you have any ideas for desk caddies, throw them my way. I'll be happy to get them.

You know, I was once clocked at 105 wpm typing. That was a long time ago but it's not hard to type a novel when I try, lol.

Christmas is coming up, I am trying to put some stuff aside for a great holiday give-away and I think it will work out fine. I just need to think of what to do for the next contest.

I told my son David that a bad side effect of a professional looking website is people will assume I am a company and I have seen some examples of that recently. I am looking hard at other things to stock on the website. Not little things as the time to get them shipped would negate any profit, but other things to sell while I am building the batch. Any suggestions along the lines of the A7 would always be welcome.

Ok, time to shut up and knock off for the night. Just wanted to make a post like I used to about how things are going and whats going on.

Yo ho!

Have a great night, arrr

Last edited:

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Prices. The price of the Cutlass at $89 is too low.

You meant Cruiser. $89 for Cutlass would be too too too low. :)

Vivi Nova Tank might be a good one to carry in stock.
It uses atomizer which is replaceable and cheap($8 for five pack at healthcabin). It doesn't use cartomizer so no need for new tank users to buy tank, cartos and carto-punching tool then learn how to do things properly. It's super easy to fill the tank. Just unscrew the cap, fill, screw the cap back on. I also find it gives better taste than carto tanks. The tank package comes with 3 replaceable atomizers in different resistence(3.2ohm, 2.8ohm, 2.4ohm) so it's a good match for VV Destroyer. And they're cheap too, like $13.

VIVI-NOVA-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread