Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Speaking of the contest, I just realized my post doesn't have a "Contest entry" header, although I use the words "contest" and "ship name" in my post - should I edit and add this? I am always reluctant to edit on a contest entry. Seen some ugly results from that.

Nah, no worries, you're totally good to go :)

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've had a couple people ask what I use for a mod, and if I could suggest other mods.

Sorry, but I first started making mods because I could not afford one and so decided to make my own, and that little hobby turned into this. (And now mine cost as much as the other ones I could not afford myself, sorry!).

The only other mod I've used is a Madvapes 5v mod and some cheap-o 510 gas station types. Sorry, but I am anything but an expert on other PV's out there.

As for what I use, I use a Mark-8, the first one completed during the first batch. This is what it looks like after 6 months as my primary mod. I've dropped it a few times but I have carpet everywhere and only broke off an atty once. I just gave it a cleaning and wax & buff so I would not embarrass myself.

Black Walnut and Cocobolo;

I set my voltage at about 4.5v with a 2.2 ohm Titan (Totally wicked) atomizer. My daily vape is a 50/50 mix of 18mg Cinnamon and menthol. I get those from Vaporbomb and Bluemist respectively. I've never ever really liked any other flavor of any type although I've tried dozens and dozens.

Coreva

Moved On
May 24, 2011
The sunshine state
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unauthorized associate posts

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unauthorized associate posts

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
ime they're all beautiful!
I'd be incredibly thrilled with any of the prizes, I like them all :D
id be more than hapy to win anything! im just saying, if i had the money, i would have bought that one before it went as a prize. you are correct, they are all beautiful!

hows everyone doing tonight? been a long weekend and it just sunday now!got to see some old friends and cause a ruckus in my old college town, lots of fun and debauchery

Haarun

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Genoa, Italy
Hello my good friends, old and new! :) I've been lost at sea for quite a while, did not check the forum for a bit. It's been a busy period here in Italy, changed job and city two times and now I'm planning on the third act of the play!

To Cappy - Sorry if I let you down last time I reserved a Destroyer for myself, but I've been REALLY busy and had to sort out a lot of things in my life lately. Did I say already that I moves two times in just over a month?

To the rest of the crew - Hope to catch you soon on the usual pages.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
ime I've already thought about getting a second job just so I could buy mods. I want so many, but can't usually afford them, so getting anything has been slow going.
lol yea, i think i have 8 mods altogether right now, and if i could i would have about 8 more.. but as of now im broke! lol

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ok I'm awake I'm awake .. working on that first cup o' joe ... my it's tasty...

Busy day as usual, gonna run the first trial of the new desk caddy, have to run to the hardware store looking for spindles for the split level design, contest will finish up at 9 pm and I will try to get them ready for shipping Monday if I can move fast enough and get mailing addresses from the winners.

Nice to see some of you old deck hands checking in on the thread, ahoy!

Gonna take a day off one o' these days, I swear! Arrrrrrr

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
comparison to see how i got the pauduk and hwo it s is now, pretty cool!

when i first got it
IMAG0253.jpg

how it looks today
IMAG0291.jpg

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
comparison to see how i got the pauduk and hwo it s is now, pretty cool!

when i first got it
IMAG0253.jpg

how it looks today
IMAG0291.jpg

She looks like she was made out of bloodwood now, not padauk. Has it had alot of exposure to light?

I've not been able to find a chunk of bloodwood big enough to make mods out of yet, looks great imho.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
yea it does look awesome, there prolly was a couple days that it got a lot of light, ive left it in the car before on the seati constantly rotate my mods, dpending on hwo i feel that morning is which one goes out with me, that one has been a go to since i got it, always have the tank filled up and its one that doesnt go off easily in my pocket when i forget to turn it off, hehe
i think its really cool how it changed like that, i never even noticed till i was looking through old pictures and i was like whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread