Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy, welcome to the new Red Sky Mods thread.

I am Capt' Brian and I am pleased as always to do my share in helping people looking for a smoking alternative
by offering the finest wood PV's that I am able to make.

Our line-up is constantly evolving but currently we offer 3 models.

The Mark-7 "Destroyer" is a Variable voltage mod with an inset tank well for
those dedicated tank users. 16340 batteries.

The Mark-8 "Dreadnought" is a Variable voltage bottom feeder mod with catch cup, voltage
display and a 6ml feed bottle. 16340 batteries.

The Mark-9 "Cruiser" is a traditional 3.7v bottom feeder mod with catch cup and 6ml feed bottle. 18650 batteries.

I build mods continuously and am able to offer a new batch of completed mods about every 2-3 weeks.

When they are near to completion I will give ECF thread followers a 'heads-up' when new ones
are posted for sale on the website - Red Sky Mods

Prices change according to the cost of wood, the more exotics are very expensive, but the baseline prices are as follows;

Mark-7 & Mark-8 $179
Mark-9 $135

Desk Caddies - They range in prices depending on the complexity and time involved. They can
be seen here; Desk Caddies & Accessories - Red Sky Mods

Much more information and up to date news and prices can be found on the website.

I thank ye! Arrrr

Link to old RSM thread here on ECF; http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rs-forum/168197-red-sky-mods.html#post2792280

Basic troubleshooting tips

If your RSM suddenly fails to fire, things to check.

1. Did you recently adjust the voltage? The voltage display needs a minimum of 2.8v to light. Turn adjustment screw CW to increase the voltage.

2. Does the display work without an atomizer connected? Your atomizer may be shorting out the regulator.

3. Are the batteries tight? You may need a magnet spacer. Place it on the positive (raised) end.

4. Is the battery tab clean? I have received several 'dead' mods where either wax, dried juice or other contaminations have caused it to fail. I simply scrape them clean and send them back.

5. Are the switches making good contact? Try switching them back and forth with the 'Fire' button pressed.

Always remember to not over-tighted your atomizer or tank. Tighten just enough to feel resistance and maybe a bit more to prevent premature failure of your atomizer seal.

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
We are starting the new thread with a bang! Contest may be found here, good luck to all, arrrr!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-pirate-y-contest-time-again.html#post6014560

Old thread stats;

Replies: 15,840
Views: 295,068

Wow! Wonder how long it will take to beat that.

Short history of the Red Sky Mod.

Starting in the beginning of March 2011 we offered our first mod, the Mark-1 "Bandit".
3.7v box running off a 14500 battery.

Wanting higher voltage our next offering was the Mark-2 "Misty" with dual 14500 batts and a 5v regulator. Offered towards the end of March.

Quickly becoming aware that bottom feeders were highly in demand the Mark-3 "Scallywag" was first sold in April. A simple 14500 battery, 3ml bottom feeder.

Next to come was the Mark-4 "Buccaneer" around May, which answered the demand for increased battery size and juice capacity. 18650 battery and 6ml juice bottle. Catch cups were later added by popular demand. Changes here at RSM were happening almost daily.

In June/July the Mark-4 was also offered with dual batteries and a linear regulator. It was further evolved and soon became the Mark-5 "Cutlass".

Addressing a couple issues we had with the Cutlass, such as the exposed voltage display and mode switches in the bottom being damaged or shorted out when setting the mod down we looked for a updated design.

Also wanting a mod that was easier to hold (there had been reports of mods being dropped by people with smaller hands) the new generation of models started being offered around November and has become out latest line-up of Mark-6,7,8 & 9.

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Enter for the halibut!!:p
Reckon the rest o' the pirates be findin ye cappy?

I dunno, might take some time. Today they had ECF close my old thread and start a new one. Then re-opened my old one and I closed it again to make this one.... but they need to find the good ship Red Sky before we leave port of they be swimming home, arrrr!

P.S., we don't have any halibut, the first mate just needs a bath ... or are you giving me some? :blink:

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
So! Forcing me to post to re-subscribe is it? Welllll... you're trick did not work Cappy!

Arrrrrrrrr

Arrrr!, Pete, you are like a loose nail, every time I think I've gotten rid of it I wind up stubbing me toe on it again :(

J/K, welcome home!

btw, if you want to subscribe without posting, just click on the "Thread tools" option above the first post on the page.

Last edited:

Mainspring

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
SoCal
page one of the new RSM thread!
woohoo-smiley.gif

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I wouldn't say over the top , well maybe a lil, new never that.. You probably got a million friend request already! haha

I've gotten a few to be sure, heh. I'm surprised though by how many views there are of the contest thread compared to the amount of posts? Only 10% of people are actually posting? That would be pretty odd ....perhaps it counts people who repeatedly revisit the thread and not just new visits.

Mainspring

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
SoCal
Is your avatar a Kamon from somewhere? Hard to tell what it is.

it's a habaki Capt. sword collar on a nihonto(Japanese sword).

2 piece design. top part made of solid gold with family "crest", and the black part made of shakudo(rare metal made of mixture of copper and gold).

not sure which part of Japan, which family the mon is from though...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread