Reminder: Joe Biden Said He Will "Halt" or "Eliminate" All Sales of Vaping Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    He is just puffing up his chest for the like minded voters.

I'm Not sure How Much it is? And How much it Isn't?

Biden was a Driving Force in getting the FSTPA passed. He is also Strong Advocate for Cancer Cures/Prevention. Having Lost his Son to Brain Cancer.

I also Wonder how Balanced the Information is that someone like Biden receives from his briefers relating to Risks/Benefits of e-Cigarettes?

When the Wrong Word goes in the Right Ear, a lot can be done even if it Isn't in the Interest of Public Health.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    "The flavors will come off," Trump said, according to USA Today. "They're going to be checked. People have died from this. They've died from vaping."

Trump reportedly said 'I should never have done that f---ing vaping thing,' expressing regrets over his involvement in e-cigarette policy

Trump abandons sweeping vape ban with new slimmed-down rules
    The decision is a win for some of Trump's conservative allies, who warned a more sweeping ban on flavored vaping products would alienate the president's base.
    Trump abandons sweeping vape ban with new slimmed-down rules

Trump will follow whoever last whispered in his ear. There's not much difference in that area.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    During an election, candidates will say most anything that they feel will get them elected. When they said it, they were just reacting to people's desires for someone to manage/help their lives.

I don't like a big government managing my life. I don't really vote for a specific candidate, I vote for a party philosophy.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    When the Wrong Word goes in the Right Ear, a lot can be done even if it Isn't in the Interest of Public Health.
    Not to mention the poli's are still 'hooked' on the EVALI BS, he called a vape device a pipe.. :facepalm:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Not to mention the poli's are still 'hooked' on the EVALI BS, he called a vape device a pipe.. :facepalm:

That is why I made that The Fixx/One Thing Leads to Another reference in that last sentence.

Because when We say "Vape", does it have the Same Connotation as when a Politian or a Media Headline (or whomever) says the word "Vape"?

And Vice Versa?

The Long and the Short of it is if Biden Wins, things are going to be Very Bad for e-Cigarettes. And if Biden Wins and the Senate Flips, well, I'll let others insert their Non-Censored word(s) to describe it.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2011
    Rhode Island
    Reading the article it sure sounds like he said it would be investigated.
    This was also said in the context of the people who were dying from the black market THC pods.

These comments made by Mr. Biden were made at the tail end of a manufactured controversy surrounding "vaping" in general concerning a series of lung injuries and deaths termed by the medical community as EVALI (e-cigarette or vaping product use associated lung injury).

"I choose science over fiction. And so if the science has demonstrated is doing great damage then I don't care what it does to a small business person who's selling this stuff. If it is damaging lungs, if it's causing the kind of damage that is said and that studies not been fully done yet. If it turns out that it is that I would eliminate it"

No candidate has come out in favor of vaping, but at least Joe Biden has stated he will look at the science.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread