Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Cute...but how do you know that is a red neck? They look like they are wearing ferns for a hairdo. That sounds more like a person from California. Rednecks would be wearing a trucker hat, cowboy hat, hunting gear, or full bore military gear...NOT a fern. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Why ya' can't trust a Redneck!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well I bought that magnet I was talking about a few days ago. It was a five pound magnet, that I got from Auto Zone. It was 5.99 I think. It got a hold of that 18650 battery that rolled under the stove with no problem. Thank goodness. I tested it, and it said 4.19 volts. There were a few scuffs on the cover, but it looks okay. I marked that battery, so if there is a slight problem even, I'm throwing it out.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
You will be quite fine with scuffs on a battery cover. If the cover is damaged or torn then i suggest you replace or re-wrap it, and RTD sells heat shrink sleeves to do so.

I have never irreparably damaged a battery by dropping it and they have not failed prematurely.

T

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Kay, oh bless your heart and little Tukii too.

images
hugs to the birthday boys.

I am feeling some better and hope this week I feel more like me o'l self.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Super, thanks! I have some light blue ones. I have more Samsung batteries than anything...so I bought only one color, baby blue. But that was a while back. I got them from Illum. I need to buy different colors I guess. The cover didn't to to the metal. I looked real hard at it, just to make sure. I don't even know if you need to use a hair dryer on that, or what, to get a new cover on. I will cross that bridge when I get to it I guess.

I prefer the AW battery for the Reo. Thanks for your thoughts.

lucky_x16

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Glasford, Il
Hey all! Long time no see! The new job with overtime has taken over my life, LMAO.
Quick question. I have been using 35pg/65vg juices since I switched to nothing but my 3 Reo mods. Since the weather has gotten much warmer, it seems like they are sweating more on top near the atty?
I use the thick Orings under the atty's that Rob sells, and seat them tightly, and have never had a leak below the atty before.
Any ideas?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I don't even know if you need to use a hair dryer on that, or what, to get a new cover on.
apparently some hair dryers are strong enough to do it but not all of em. Usually you need to use a heat gun. I have one with my craft stuff that I used to melt embossing powder etc.

have never had a leak below the atty before.
If it's a metal, give it a thorough bath to make sure there is no piece of anything in there that could be blocking anything, and tighten it really well.
Mine was leaking from under the atty for the first couple months I had it. I added an Oring (wrong size I found out later) still leaked..... every atty I used leaked, drove me nuts..... one day, it just quit leaking. Dunno if I wasn't screwing them down tight enough......or what it was. Everyone thought I was just oversquonking, but I knew it wasn't coming out the airholes, and that's the only way that would make sense to me. And now I'm squonking just like I was before, but no leaking. Not sure what stopped it, wish I knew for future reference, so I could tell you also. But either something just sealed up or there was a bit if something in the 510, cotton fluff or something, or some other oddity. just glad it stopped. Hope yours does too or you can figure it out

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks. Well, my hair dryer probably won't be good enough then. I could set it outside in the sun this summer...that ought to do it. LOL. Seriously though, I guess I have to take the old wrap off, before adding the new one, or does that matter?
hehehe our sun would make the battery explode. Some say no to taking the old wrap off, but I would for sure. If you get it too thick it could cause it not to drop if your spring ever collapsed.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Well what the H...I seem to always be missing everyone...Good Morning anyway!

I 'm taking Tukii to a vet tomorrow for a thorough checkup...then I can breathe easy about her. And I'll schedule an app. for her to be spayed ASAP!!! And I've rented a car for Wed, to go to a proper pet store for some quality cat food and of course a nice big fluffy bed for her.

I think i love this cat....

Deb...that link you posted for the gallon jugs of PG and VG.....it arrived the other day, minus one of the gallon jugs! The box, which was only a flimsy priority one, was virtually destroyed!
All ripped and retaped , big gaping open areas and such.

I contacted the seller via email and they're sending me another jug, at least. In my email to them i complained about the flimsy box. I hope the next bottle comes much better packaged.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Why ya' can't trust a Redneck!

Looks like some city slicker playing weekend warrior to me. No redneck that I know would be hiding in a hole surrounded by plain dirt with a boston fern on his head. Oh yeah, and "he throw's like a girl" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread