Not open for further replies.

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
Whew!!!!
So here's a little story.
Saturday went out and played golf. I always take my little OG mini with me. I use a pull cart and was going up a steep hill and my pull cart tipped over on the 7th hole so I just up righted the cart and continued on my way. When I reached the 9th hole I was ready for a vape and went to reach into my side zipper on the bag which I leave partially open for quick reach. Suddenly, panic!!! I reached in an NO MINI!! ARRGH!! Looked thru every zipper on my bag at least 5 times and nothing. Racked my brain trying to figure out where I lost it and concluded that it must have fallen out when my cart tipped over. Told my playing partner to wait on the 10th tee as I ran back 2 holes to the 7th where I dumped my cart. Looked all over to no avail. Well needless to say my back 9 holes were torture as I stood over every shot not thinking about my shot but thinking how ...... I was that I lost my 3 year old trusty mini with my favorite little Hornet atty.
So, after the round was over I went to the pro shop and asked if I could borrow a golf cart for a few minutes to drive back to the 7th hole for one last look. he said no problem so I went back and drove around the "crime scene". With all my lessons learned from watching CSI on TV I reconstructed the scene. Imagined the bag flipping over and where the open pocket would have landed and accounted for trajectory if something flew out of it when it hit the ground. I narrowed the area but to no avail. I was ready to give up and as I took my final steps to get back in the cart I just happen to glance at the ground one last time and....... lord and behold there it was staring at me right in the face!!!! I felt like I hit the lottery. I actually shouted out "YESSSSSSSSSSS"!!!! People on the course thought I got a hole in one or something. :) Finding my REO was better than a hole in one!
I climbed back in the cart and was like a little kid that just saw Santa!
Just wanted to share. :)
Beating my buddy in golf rewarding, finding a lost REO...priceless!!

I know that feeling. Been there, done that. Since I vape on every hole, I know if this happens again to me I won't have to go far to find my precious. :)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
More heavy rain for Texas. Can you tell I am so excited? Ugh. We have been tortured enough. Meanwhile back at the ranch, California is turning crispy from being so dry. What a shame. OK will probably get some of this mess too. Maybe Arkansas, and a bit in Louisiana too. We have all seen more than our share of rain lately. I checked the air in my tires, and filled the window washer fluid up. Hope I don't need to take off outta here.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Evening REOVille. A special Thanks to Deb (?) as I got my gallons of PG and VG in from Essential Depot in today. I still have about 150ml of Vendors Juices I am vaping down (can't remember last time I was that low). All I need now is a Liter of Nic and I should have enough on hand to make more e-liquids than I could vape in a year.;)
I am really liking this HS Highway / TFA Apple mix, thanks Slots for the Highway.:thumbs:

Thousands on Equipment, save pennies on E-Liquids. o_O

Pork Roast and Mixed Vegetables from Mamaw tonight. :drool: Life is good !

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hope I don't need to take off outta here.
Hope ya don't either. My dil said they were looking at evacuating part of Belton/Temple if the dam breaches, but I did a search, and didn't see any online news stories about it, so dunno.
A special Thanks to Deb (?) as I got my gallons of PG and VG in from Essential Depot in today
yw hun. Glad yours was fine. Kay ordered some and the box was destroyed and a gallon was missing, but they're sending her another one.

I need to get a half gallon of VG and PG. I don't have room in the freezer for two gallons.
kk you don't have to put them in the freezer, only the nic. pg and vg are naturally antimicrobial and can just be put in a closet. will store forever just about.

Hey gang, i finally gave in and ordered a woodvil last night...Jatoba 316
wahoooooo ya gonna keep this one?? :laugh:

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Good Mornin' all. Kinda grumpy looking outside. We had rain earlier and it sure looks like it's trying for more.
Sliced my thumb last night making dinner, not to awful bad, but enough to rate a band aid and some colorful words.
Unfortunately it's my digit of preference for squonking... ouchies. Good thing Reo's are ambidextrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread