Not open for further replies.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I went through this thread and copied the information I found. Thought I would put it here in one place.

Disclaimer: The Woodvils are handmade, and will slightly vary in size.
To get a good feel for their size, there are several photos available of REOs next to objects such as cigarette packs, cell phones, and such. Those photos are located in the REO Family Photos thread here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...-photos-4.html

EDIT: The depth has been corrected for the Mini. The depth did read 3/8", and is now corrected to 5/8". Thank you mlinky. Good catch.

Grand:
=====
Height: 3-3/4"
Width: 1-11/16"
Depth: 15/16"

Mini:
=====
Height: 3-1/8"
Width: 1-1/2"
Depth: 3/4"

Woodvil:
=====
3 13/16" tall without reservoir
1 1/16" deep
2 1/16" wide without switch
2 5/16" wide with switch
4 3/16" tall with reservoir

Woodvil after Feb, 2011:
=====
3 3/4" tall without reservoir
1" deep
2" wide without switch
2 1/4" wide with switch
4 1/8" tall with reservoir

Woodvil 18490:
=====
Height: 3 1/8” not including catch cup
Width: 1 7/8” not including button
Depth: 1 1/16”

Mini Woodvil:
=====
1 3/4" wide
3 1/16" tall without reservoir
7/8" deep

The Reo Grand with a full 6 ml bottle and an 18650 battery weighs 6.3 ounces.

And the mini fully loaded with 3ml bottle and 14500 batttery, atomizer and drip tip is 4.2oz

Batteries:

Original Wood,Grand & Woodvil : 18650
Mini & Mini Woodvil : 14500
Woodvil 18490: 18490

Magnets for the REO Grand.
Gaussboys Super Magnets :: Discs :: 4mm x 1mm N48 Gold Plated Disc Magnet

Gaussboys Super Magnets :: Discs :: 4mm x 1mm N48 Gold Plated Disc Magnet

O-Ring Dimensions for Juice Bottles:
===========================

Mini & Mini Woodvil - #009 7/32" I.D. - 11/32 O.D. - 1/16" W Buna-N 70 O-Ring
009 B70 Buna-N 70 O-ring [B70009] : The O-ring Store - Where you can find a huge selection of o-rings, hydraulic seals, o-ring kits and accessories!, We make placing your o-ring order and getting o-rings as easy as possible! Get the o-ring seals you

Grand & Woodvil - #012 3/8" I.D. - 1/2" O.D. - 1/16" W Buna-N 70 O-Ring
012 B70 Buna-N 70 O-ring [B70012] : The O-ring Store - Where you can find a huge selection of o-rings, hydraulic seals, o-ring kits and accessories!, We make placing your o-ring order and getting o-rings as easy as possible! Get the o-ring seals you

If you ever go to a hydraulics shop to get one or more of these o-rings tell them that you need a

Hercules part number 568-012 for the grand and a 568-008 for the mini. These are kind of a

standard part number that most every shop can recognize!

Silicon Tubing Dimensions for Mini and Grand:
=================================

Grand & Mini - 1/16"ID x 1/8"OD 1/32" wall

Woodvil - 1/16 ID x 3/16 OD 1/16 wall

Tygon® Sanitary Silicone Tubing U.S. Plastic Corp. Tygon® Sanitary Silicone Tubing 3350 | U.S. Plastic Corp.

I could not find the measurements for or types of screws used in the REO's on this thread. Finally found a post by Mvgratz that listed the allen screw needing a .050 allen wrench. Thought it might help to list that here also.

Post from Robert E. O'Neil on 10/02/11:
All reos wood or metal use this tubing one tubing for all. If someone breaks this tubing there doing something wrong
Tygon® Sanitary Silicone Tubing 1/16" ID x 3/16" OD with 1/16" Wall

Something Redeyedancer (Robert) posted on another thread:
"11/64 for the new tubes if you have & older reo you will need a 7/64 drill bit"

This was in response to a question about the hole in the bottle cap. It is the size drill bit needed for the hole if replacing the cap.

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I just shorted my reo, anyone have any pictures of the reo with the screw in the middle removed so I can maybe compare the internals of my shorted reo to a properly working reo. aside from the melted button and pancaked spring I was thinking maybe something else is shorted inside.

I take it you have a Grand or Mini? Make sure you remove that atomizer or cartomizer.

Angler

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Ausable River
I just shorted my reo, anyone have any pictures of the reo with the screw in the middle removed so I can maybe compare the internals of my shorted reo to a properly working reo. aside from the melted button and pancaked spring I was thinking maybe something else is shorted inside.

What model of REO do you have? If you are handy with a soldering iron you can easily fix it yourself. Just order the parts from Rob.
Mine is a Woodvil and I've rebuilt it a few times and it doesn't have a screw in it.

Al

Angler

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Ausable River
its a reo grand, i think the only problems i have is the button and the spring . im not sure if anything else is supposed to melt inside other than those.

Well, the thing is, can you solder? All you have to do is desolder the faulty parts and solder in the new ones. Order the parts from Rob. The only other thing that I would be concerned with is the seal on the feed line going thru from inside the mod to the atomizer connector. If that's melted it will leak and short the mod again. That happened to me. You can order one of those too. Maybe the Grand doesn't have that seal, I don't know.
Good luck with this and just be confident. It's not that hard to do.

Al

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Well, the thing is, can you solder? All you have to do is desolder the faulty parts and solder in the new ones. Order the parts from Rob. The only other thing that I would be concerned with is the seal on the feed line going thru from inside the mod to the atomizer connector. If that's melted it will leak and short the mod again. That happened to me. You can order one of those too. Maybe the Grand doesn't have that seal, I don't know.
Good luck with this and just be confident. It's not that hard to do.

Al
I don't think you have to solder anything on the Grand...only the Woodvils if I understand correctly. I only have woods so I can't be sure, but I think I've read that changing out a spring on a metal REO only requires a screwdriver.

Angler

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Ausable River
I don't think you have to solder anything on the Grand...only the Woodvils if I understand correctly. I only have woods so I can't be sure, but I think I've read that changing out a spring on a metal REO only requires a screwdriver.

You're probably right cuz I don't know anything about Grands. If that's the case it shouldn't be too difficult to change out. Now that I think about it the switch is also mechanical from what I understand.
Well, I guess I shouldn't have even posted without doing research.

Thanks Della,
Al

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Is there any one place to get the desired tubing, and o-rings in one spot. I am a DIY'er when possible, and I have 4- 3ml bottles, but need the tubing and o-rings. I would prefer not to go to one site for a few o-rings, and another site for a little tubing. Thanks.

Rob sells all that stuff on his website. reosmods.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread