• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Reservations for the East Coast Meet Up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I got a comment from Becstra, she runs the http://www.richmond-karaoke.com/ website and is also an x employee of mine. After Mars cut me loose for a cheaper KJ, she said this on my myspace blog....

"Don't quit (even though I'd love to buy your equipment and give it a shot myself).

You know (obviously) that you have the best sound system, song selection, equipment, etc. of any KJ in the Richmond area. How do I know this? I've run karaoke for you. I go to karaoke 1-7 nights a week. I've run karaoke in DC, Baltimore and northern Virginia. I've seen the competition, both here in Richmond as well as other locations, and yours is by far the best I've seen (and heard).

Obviously, it's your decision. You don't do it for the money, you do it for the fun and fans. You have employees because we love working for you. I've told you time and again I'd run all your shows if I didn't have a 9-5 job in the way.

Whatever you decide, I'll back you, just know that karaoke won't be the same in Richmond without you. I know whenever I had a Tuesday or Wednesday off, Mars Bar was my first choice (would go more often, but not starting until 10pm is a little harsh when I'd need to leave at 11 or 12 to get enough sleep). Now that you're gone.....well.....let's just say karaoke in Richmond will suffer."

It appears the best karaoke business owner is out of a job. But it is not all bad news... Somebody offered to buy my business for $8 grand (it's worth over 20) but is giving me the option to "buy it back". It will hopefully be enough to get the ball rolling, But hopefully I can find the right connections and maybe a business partner. Either way, if I own my setup in march or not, I will still be able to do the march gig with the same setup weather I own it or not. The only people that seem to be glad that I am not working are competing Kj's. Maybe a few months off will show everyone just how good my shows really were.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../53135-attention-all-va-lawyers-who-vape.html

This is a major concern for us, someone within the Virginia health department has decided that e-cigs are included in the smoking ban (they're not), and is working to strongarm business owners into believing the same. It'd be a shame to find out when we all arrive at the meetup that all we can do is talk instead of enjoying our shared hobby.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Just want to make sure that everyone is booking their rooms!!!! If we don't have at least 25 rooms booked, we are going to have to pay over $400 for the meeting room 8-o

I will call the hotel in January to see how many rooms have been booked. We only have until 2/12 to make reservations!

I will also post a poll to see how many people we are expecting. If it comes down to us having to pay for the meeting room, we will need to figure out how many are coming and the cost of the meeting room per person.

Storyspinr

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Virginia
If you haven't been reading other threads concerning the Virginia smoking ban, the Attorney General and Health Department decided e cig vapor is "smoke" and e cigs are "cigarettes", and therefore are included in the Virginia smoking ban.

We are attempting to convince them they are in error, but there is no guarantee. Just thought you'd like to know, if you weren't aware. Bear in mind the ban applies ONLY to restaurants (but would include any restaurant in the hotel unless it has a separate smoking room).

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Guys, please make sure you are using the block code to book your reservations. I just called the hotel and they said that have NO reservations under our block! Many of you have said that you have made them but if they are not made using the code on the first page of this thread then they are not counting towards the 25 rooms we HAVE to book to avoid paying for the meeting room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread