Review of PureSmoker Products:

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaZoR

Feb 12, 2010
NE Illinois
I received my order of a PS Manual USBpass V2 & Prodigy V2 today. Both with 510 adapters/atty's. The batteries for the Prodigy V2 are charging so I hooked up the PS Manual USBpass to test it out. Wow! Lots of vapour and a great throat hit.

The folks at Puresmoker sent a sample of their Riskee Yuice to try in my new vaping tools. A nice touch and it tastes good.

I've not had an analog in 5 weeks, YAY!

I am chomping at the bit to try the Prodigy V2 as soon as the batteries are charged.

RaZoR

Feb 12, 2010
NE Illinois
Yippee the Prodigy V2 batteries are charged, dropped them in and dripped some Johnson Creek Mint Chocolate on the atty. Wonderful vapor and the taste is still very good considering that 510 atty's tend to get a bit hot.

I'm very pleased with my new Prodigy V2. The other two batteries are now charging. Tomorrow morning I'll be all set with fresh batteries.

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
My Protege still has the original switch on it,and i had no problems with it yet...Although i ordered the new mechanical switch i never had to use it,Couse like i said the original switch is still going strong...But my protege is a back up device now,Since i got my V2...V2 has become my primary PV..... Just my 2 cents worth...

Dfib

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
LaX, WI
Two of the longest waits I've endured ended today.
1. Wait for my Protege to get here
a. Figured it was today so waiting for the mailman was "long".
b. I must admit I darn near pounced on him when he came up the steps.
2. Waited 4 hours for the batteries to show charged.

WOW!
The protege was smaller than I expected which is neither a positive or negative for me at this point. Construction appears to be solid with good fit and finish through-out.

Batteries charged and in, new atty on, sample of Cashcap in cart, button pressed --------- YUCK! (You would think by now I'd know enough to blow the primer out of the 510 atty!:rolleyes:

Atty rinsed, dried, and awesomeness now ensues!

Best way I can describe the experience is each drag is like the first with a fully charged 510 mega battery. Possibly better vapor production than my stock 510 although it's hard to be objective since I really really like this mod, definitely doesn't burn through juice as fast an my home built 5v PT.

Button did stick once heating the atty to near blistering temp. At this time I'll blame it on the unit being new and hope there isn't a repeat. This happened within the first 5 minutes and I haven't had it happen since.

I can't judge the battery life yet, but it will be well tested tomorrow at work.

So far I'd give it 5/5 stars, and am definitely a very satisfied customer!

Pyriel

Feb 13, 2010
Kansas
Have been using my protege v1 and a joye stick v3 for about a week now. Been vaping for a few months off of various model non mods before hand. I hate to say it, but I find myself using the Janty clone more, not that there is anything wrong with the protege.
I am a semi truck driver and my protege fell out of my shirt pocket, and fell 3 foot to the ground smacking concrete, not so much as a scratch. I doubt the the Joye stick would have faired as well, never the less the Joye stick has the following advantages over the Protege...
1. Hit seems smoother less harsh for both 801 and kr808d
2. USB charging circuit/pass thru combination- Protege desperately needs this
3. Threads don't seem to want to strip so easily
4. With 801 atomizer protege seems like soldering iron in comparison
5. Button is much easier on fingers
I do use the usb extension time to time, but not realistic driving down the road in a semi with a cord that seems to catch the shifter every time and need adjustment to keep good contact with terminals in Protege.

SteelVapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Jupiter, FL.
I bought myself a Prodigy V3 6 volt with a 510 adapter, the sweet tooth sampler, 5 HR attys, 5 med. cartomizers and 10 HR cartomizers and some extra batteries for Christmas.
I received everything as ordered. I love the Prodigy V3. It is well built and does everything I expected it to do. I am using the medium resistance cartomizers now and for the past 8 days. They are awesome and a great price. I am still on my first cartomizer with no problems. I have used two and 1/4 bottles from the sampler pack. The firecracker is great.
I have the original Prodigy from the first production. After some break in periods, it did very well other than the threads. After 6 months or so, the threads stripped. I just used some pliers and bent the end of the unit and screwed the back on anyway. No problem.
I thought the v1 was cheaply made and more thought should have been put into it; however, for the time, it proved to be the best product on the market that I was able to put into my fingers. I think that I finally realized that the industry was too young for my expectations.
The V3 reaches my expectations on function ability and a quality build.
Congratulations PS, great job.

SteelVapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Jupiter, FL.
I bought myself a Prodigy V3 6 volt with a 510 adapter, the sweet tooth sampler, 5 HR attys, 5 med. cartomizers and 10 HR cartomizers and some extra batteries for Christmas.
I received everything as ordered. I love the Prodigy V3. It is well built and does everything I expected it to do. I am using the medium resistance cartomizers now and for the past 8 days. They are awesome and a great price. I am still on my first cartomizer with no problems. I have used two and 1/4 bottles from the sampler pack. The firecracker is great.
I have the original Prodigy from the first production. After some break in periods, it did very well other than the threads. After 6 months or so, the threads stripped. I just used some pliers and bent the end of the unit and screwed the back on anyway. No problem.
I thought the v1 was cheaply made and more thought should have been put into it; however, for the time, it proved to be the best product on the market that I was able to put into my fingers. I think that I finally realized that the industry was too young for my expectations.
The V3 reaches my expectations on function ability and a quality build.
Congratulations PS, great job.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
First of all, I love my Icon.
It's as solid as a rock...
Great battery life, comfortable... worth the price tag.

I love all the puresmoker products I have tried. Went to order 5 more LR 510's tonight, but they are out for now.

Great service too.

Last edited:

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Happy to see you are loving in CV! Best of luck

Yeah, you guys hit a home run with this one! I am a toolmaker/cnc machinist by trade. Been programming/engineering/manufacturing for 18 years. I was VERY impressed with this simplistic design. Especially the locking switch on the bottom end. VERY COOL! Thank you for creating such an outstanding product! Keep up the good work!

CV

davedamage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
indiana
A friend of mine turned me on to Puresmoker right before the end of last year. I did a little bit of reading and ordered the Ace kit. Used the 808's for a few weeks and did a TON of reading, and decided to make the jump to a 6V Prodigy V3.1. Needless to say, I've tried to look at every single mod available, and while I do do lust over quite a few of them, the V3 is never going anywhere. I love this device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread