The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Rigmod Hotcig Squonk RSQ 80W Box Mod

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by Jumpin' In..., Dec 1, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. john500y2k

john500y2k Full Member

Jun 26, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Have noticed that when using a 3000mah battery the percentage jumps around a little due to voltage sag.

Tried changing the preset mah in the HM software from 2500 to 3000 to address this but unfortunately the software just spits out an error and doesn't allow you to input it. Really hope they fix this in a software update.

2. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Anyone got the latest firmware file and software they can host on something like dropbox or google drive? I am not able to get the file from hot-vapor and I hopefully have 2 new RSQ arriving later today.

3. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    So I am guessing that the HM software will not/does not work as good,or at all like escribe

4. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    nvmd, the page finally opened. downloads were crazy slow but I eventually got the files. now I just need the mods to finally arrive

5. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    It may not need it.
    The last one I got was up to date.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    thx, not sure when I will find out if that is the case....

The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. The item is currently in transit to the destination as of February 13, 2018 at 12:41 pm.

• Like Like x 1
  7. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Got my silver Rsq yesterday,and i gotta say i really like this mod.I have several Dna 75 mods,and this works just as well as those.Now that i know i like it,i'm thinking of ordering the red one too.
    Mine seems to be up to date on the firmware since the lights stay off after swapping the battery,but does anyone know how to keep the screen from flipping after a battery swap?That is the only thing i don't like is having to swap the screen back after changing the battery.

• Like Like x 1
  8. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Now I am leaning towards getting 2 RSQ's instead of one and the new inbox V3?
    I have until Tuesday to decide. All of the positives about this device make it hard to pass up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I have the original inbox and really like it,but personally i like the Rsq better,mainly because of the size,the Rsq is quite a bit smaller so fits in the hand better imo.Now,i don't use tc,so for those who do,that could possibly sway the decision,i have always heard the Dna boards are top notch for tc,but for wattage mode,these both work really well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Yea all I use is TC and yes mostly on DNA devices but I do have two devices that are not DNA with good TC.
    I do like both devices though.

11. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I had to update firmware on mine to get the light to remember it's setting after a change. No issues for me with the screen flipping the other way around.

These things do a great TC vape imo. I got some AVS Tri-Core Fused Clapton SS 30GX3/38G / 3MM / 5 wrap - x1 = 0.35ohm in both of mine (Dead Rabbit SQ and Pulse 22) set to 50 watts and 420f and the vape is outstanding.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I am not a fan of the bottles I will admit. that tiny cap and wider ring sorta suck. would be better if it had some knurling as I had to use a set of pliers last refill because I tightened it too much. Coil Master Gremlin bottles work in it right?

13. score69

score69 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I'm not sure if Coil Master Gremlins are any different, but I bought some of the Coil Master bottles from VaporDNA and they work great.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yours.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    ty, that is where I was planning to get the CM bottles. I thought I had read ITT that they would work but wanted to be sure.

15. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Maybe I missed it?

But how are you liking these Bottles in your RSQ?

16. Nick N

Nick N Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2014
    Columbus, Ohio
    They work great, slightly shorter than the PE one that came with it but it seems to give a little more, which I like. The tube is not as stout as the ones in the included bottles, but still worth less than $7 to me for 10 of them. I meant to use a few of them in a pair of S-Rabbit mods and a Phantohm mod but since I got the RSQ they have remained unused in their boxes.

Left - Fasttech PE bottle
    Middle - RSQ PE bottle
    Right - RSQ silicone bottle

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Very Cool.

I've been kinda holding out on buying a New Squonk Mod until I hear more about what Aspire is going to offer. But feel myself starting to cave.

And this RSQ seems like something I might have to get.

18. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I am loving my 2x RSQ's I got a week or so ago. Great SS TC vape imo and it did great in wattage mode the couple times I tested it. It is a tiny bit heavier and bigger than my athena mech squonk, but not by much. It is amazing they could make a regulated squonker so small. My 3 mech squonks haven't been getting much use since the RSQ's arrived.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. zoiDman

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    The size is Definitely a plus for this Mod.

How is the Finish holding? Does it seem to pretty Durable?

20. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    no issues for me, even with the carbon fiber sticker thing, but I have only had them about 10 days. I also work from home so my mods don't generally get beat up very much like if I worked out of the house and had to pocket/car carry them daily.

The carbon fiber sticker, and what it would like if it peeled, is the only reservation I had about this mod. If it does peel I imagine it would be pretty easy to clean up (guessing lighter fluid to remove adhesive and hopefully not hurt the silver finish) and if it can't be cleaned without damaging the finish I figured I would get the door cerakoted or just spray it with some paint.

• Like Like x 1