Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My RSQ is out for delivery by 8:00p.m. wish they would get a move on I am anxiously awaiting this one.
Sadly the topper I ordered for it is coming on the slow boat with a few other mods probably early next week.

Gotta say, I have been using my RSQ pretty much Non-Stop since it arrived. Really Lovin' This mod.

I kinda Feel Sorry for my CopperVape. Which used to be my Daily Driver. Now it is just sitting there Looking Forlorn.

I think you are going to Really Like your RSQ when it arrives.

:)

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Oh snap,it just arrived oh so,so sexy and extremely stealthy. I have the new inbox V3 on its way too on the slow boat. Just holding this RSQ I don't think I want to take it out of the house? Well,I'll still think on that one because I am still searching for the stealth out and about vape. I might have found it?

Reactions: zoiDman

Koomy

Jan 27, 2014
Hertfordshire
Had mine a couple of days now and I am Very Pleased.

zoiDman - thanks for your mini-review a couple of pages back.
Your comments are spot-on.

I hope the black finish holds-up over time.
A replacement door with the same matt finish as the rest of the mod would be nice (not a great fan of the carbon-fibre look, but it's not too bad).

Overall a great mod, at a great price IMO.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

A replacement door with the same matt finish as the rest of the mod would be nice (not a great fan of the carbon-fibre look, but it's not too bad).

A same Matt Finish door would be Cool.

And I think would work well with this Mod because of the Solid Feel that the Mod has.

• Agree
Reactions: Fozzy71

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

A same Matt Finish door would be Cool.

And I think would work well with this Mod because of the Solid Feel that the Mod has.

I would happily buy a spare battery door that looked just like the back side with the raised RSQ logo turned horizontal above the squonk hole.

• Agree
Reactions: zoiDman

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
The other day I noticed the screws holding the 510 trim plate on top of my RSQ area little loose. The smallest bit I have is a T3, this looks to be a T2. [emoji848]

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
interesting, i don't know that I have taken the rda's off my 2 x rsq since I got them but I will def check that out when I re-wick them. Hopefully my cell phone repair kit I got off amazon has a t2 if I need it

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
It's either a T2 or T3, whichever it was I only had one size bigger. I may go to Microcenter this weekend and pick up a kit that has the right size. It's not too bad so I may save a trip and order a tool kit from Amazon.

a little blue loc-tite might not hurt to make sure they don't back themselves out again

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
T3. Picked up a cheap screwdriver set at Microcenter and tightened it up. As for the blue stuff I'll look elsewhere, Microcenter was slammed today (if they even carry it).

that is more of a hardware store item, or amazon. probably completely unnecessary or the mod makers would do it at the factory

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Enjoying my RSQ since I finally received the topper for it and the 510 plate is tight. The one problem I have is the dead rabbit I ordered for it sits extremely too high from the 510 plate. The squonk pin protrudes a long distance past the threads. Can not get it flush or even close to flush mount.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Enjoying my RSQ since I finally received the topper for it and the 510 plate is tight. The one problem I have is the dead rabbit I ordered for it sits extremely too high from the 510 plate. The squonk pin protrudes a long distance past the threads. Can not get it flush or even close to flush mount.

I have a Few RDA's and RTA's that are like that.

This is an Easy Fix...

I've been Shimming many of my Atomizers for a Long Time. Not so much to change the Direction they point, but to fill up the Gap that many of my Atomizers have between the Mod and the Atomizer Base.

I've found Many Things around the House that worked. From CD/DVD Sleeves to Plastic File Folder Covers to Racing Bike Inner Tubes. Simply Punch a Hole with a Paper Hole Punch and then cut an OD Circle to size.

Then I found these and their Small cost kinda made doing DIY Shims seem silly.

KP Mod Guard 5 Pack- Various Sizes

ETA - If you Shim some Atomizers that have No Gap when screwed on a Mod, they might not make a good Contact with the Mod's 510 Center Pin.

So for someone like the OP, they might want to test out whether shimming Might or Might Not work by using some Paper or a Thin Business Card before they buy anything.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
My authentic DR SQ sits flush on my RSQ but I am not a fan of the RDA because it burns my cheeks when I purge it. I haven't tried my clone DR 24's on the RSQ yet but now I am curious if they will sit flush or not.

Reactions: t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
My Pindad Driptank won't sit flush on the RSQ either. It looks like the 510 is a little longer than most attys, but it still sits flush on my othrr devices. I'm hoping it will sit flush on the Pulse 80.

Guessing the 510 on the RSQ doesn't have as much travel as my Inbox or Therion.
I have an inbox V3 on the way this week and mght use the topper I ordered for that on my RSQ and move my D R over to the inbox?

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I have an inbox V3 on the way this week and mght use the topper I ordered for that on my RSQ and move my D R over to the inbox?
That would probably work for you. Assuming the V3 inbox 510 travel is similar to the V2.

I like the RSQ a lot, but that would be my main complaint with it at this point. The 510 doesn't seem to have as much travel. All of the other toppers I've tried on the RSQ seem to work just fine. Likewise, the Pindad works on everything else I've tried it on. Go figure.

I'm a big fan of the Pindad too, but it sits flush on others. Just won't be using it with the RSQ. Hoping the Pulse 80 will give me another option to use it with.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I am looking forward to the pulse 80 too except my vape bdget Is probably used up for the next 3-4 months anyway. According to my wife the money I spent on this order coming in was too much,who knew?? So far,aside from the large gap between the topper and 510,I like the RSQ.

I am really wanting a resin squonker and had one picked out until the 510 flaw was posted. Maybe with all my new gear coming in,hopefully tomorrow according to tracking I will forget about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread