Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
no issues for me, even with the carbon fiber sticker thing, but I have only had them about 10 days. I also work from home so my mods don't generally get beat up very much like if I worked out of the house and had to pocket/car carry them daily.

The carbon fiber sticker, and what it would like if it peeled, is the only reservation I had about this mod. If it does peel I imagine it would be pretty easy to clean up and if it can't be cleaned without damaging the finish I figured I would get the door cerakoted or just spray it with some paint.

I'm the same way. And use a RTA's when I'm on the go. So this RSQ would be more of a Desk mod.

I'm not exactly crazy about Carbon Fiber stickers. But the one on my eVic Primo SE (my main on the go Mod) has held up Very Well.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I'm the same way. And use a RTA's when I'm on the go. So this RSQ would be more of a Desk Mod.

I'm not exactly crazy about Carbon Fiber stickers. But the one on my eVic Primo SE (my main on the go Mod) has held up Very Well.
I think this is the first mod I own with a sticker as I always feared them peeling. Worst case scenario I figure some lighter fluid or 'Awesome-O' would help peel the remaining sticker adhesive without (hopefully) damaging the finish underneath. If it does get messed up I imagine/hope any firearms refinisher would cerakote the door for 5 or 10 bucks.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So I went ahead and got a RSQ from myvaporstore. And it arrived Today.

A Very Nice Squonk Mod.

The Size is Small for a Regulated Squonker.
It has a Very Solid Feel.
Fit n' Finish is Great. No Door Rattle or Mis-Matches.
A Nice, Bright, Easy to Read Display.
The Logo isn't as bad (at least on the Silver one) as some of the Pictures looked.
Have only used the Silicone Bottle. It doesn't seem too soft. And maybe Better (for me) on a Side Squonker.
Not sure? But I kinda light the Green Light. And it Does make it easy to see the Bottle Level.
Haven't really tried using it much in TC Mode much. But the TC does seem to work.

My only Ding I would put on it is the Mod doesn't remember the Screen Orientation after a Battery Change. But that is a Very Minor ding. And something that might be resolved in a future Firmware release.

Overall I am Very Happy with it. Especially the Size.

:thumb:

BTW - I put one of these in the USB Port...

25 Pcs Anti Dust Soft Plastic Dock Cover Micro USB Port Ear Jack W1C7 | eBay

... and it Looks Great.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Glad to hear another positive on this device since I have a black one on order.
Love those USB plugs I forgot all about using those(especially since there is one on my cell) thanks for that link to them

I think you will like your RSQ when it arrives. It's a Very Nice Squonk Mod. It has a Very Solid feel to it.

I can see Now why some people Like soft Silicone Bottles when Squonking thru a Side Widow. All my other Squonk Mods are Front Squonker's. And for those, I like a Stiffer PE Bottle. But this type of Mod, I like a Softer bottle.

---

I'd kinda forgotten that I even had those USB Plugs. But while poking around in the back of a Drawer last week, I came across them.

Seeing that I would Only use the USB Port to do a Firmware Upgrade, only seemed right to plug on into the port.

LOL

Reactions: t8kiteasy

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
My only Ding I would put on it is the Mod doesn't remember the Screen Orientation after a Battery Change. But that is a Very Minor ding. And something that might be resolved in a future Firmware release.
I'm really liking my Rsq too.I've had the silver one for a week,and like it enough that i bought the red one today.
On the screen orientation,that was my only gripe as well,but good news,you can fix that.Download the file that was posted for the update,and the program that does the update has different options that you can change,one of which is screen orientation,just change it,hit save,and the screen won't flip after a battery change anymore.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm really liking my Rsq too.I've had the silver one for a week,and like it enough that i bought the red one today.
On the screen orientation,that was my only gripe as well,but good news,you can fix that.Download the file that was posted for the update,and the program that does the update has different options that you can change,one of which is screen orientation,just change it,hit save,and the screen won't flip after a battery change anymore.

I didn't know that. I might just Upgrade mine.

Thank You for Posting this.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Hey one Quick question.

Can you Change the amount of time the Bottle LED is on?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
My only Ding I would put on it is the Mod doesn't remember the Screen Orientation after a Battery Change.

I don't think I switched my screen rotation but it remembers my set/default position fine. I updated my firmware before I vaped it.

Not that I have seen but maybe there is a setting in the desktop software? I generally keep my light off but turn it on from time to time.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Hey one Quick question.

Like Fozzy said,i don't think so,but i didn't really get into the program too much,i seen the screen orientation part which was what i was after,so once i changed that,i closed it out.It may have it though,i did see settings for screen timeout,so it may have been there with that.

Edit-I just opened the program,and no way to change led settings that i seen,although after going through it a bit i like the program,kinda resembles escribe for the Dna stuff.You can upload custom logos and such,as well as changing temp control stuff,etc. The program you want is called HM Chip tools V3.2

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Hey one Quick question.

Yes you CAN change the amount of time the light stays on.

There are two timeouts on the 'config' tab of the chips tools (3rd tab).

Third one down 'Screen Shut Times' controls the amount of time the screen AND the light stays on. Can't remember the default, I changed mine to the minimum (10 seconds) and the light and screen turn off much quicker now.

So I can't find a way to modify it from the mod, but changing this via the chip tools program does work and stick, even with battery changes.

Mine came with the old firmware, where the light setting reset each battery change. After updating it to the firmware that fixed that issue, I also decreased the screen timeout.

Hope this helps.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Third one down 'Screen Shut Times' controls the amount of time the screen AND the light stays on. Can't remember the default, I changed mine to the minimum (10 seconds) and the light and screen turn off much quicker now.
Thanks for this, I need to hook up my mods to the software today and turn that down.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Update on Update:

So I downloaded the 2017112819330721721.dfu and the HM Chip Tools V3.2 New rar file.

Extracted the rar file on a WIN7 machine logged on as an Administrator
Launched the HM Chip Tools.exe
Opened the 2017112819330721721.dfu file
Connected the RSQ Mod with the Battery in
Selected UPDATE on the Mod screen.
Received a WIN7 error for an Unrecognized USB Device - No Driver Found
Tried Launching what looked like a .exe x64 Driver Installer from the rar Extracted "Drivers" sub-directory
Connected again... Mod still Not Recognized
Tried to Manually Install Device Driver. Didn't Work.
Rebooted a Few Times
Tried doing it with the Battery Out and the +/- Buttons pressed - No Go
What the Fluck is Going on?
Thoughts of possibly Bricking a 17 Hour Old Mod running thru my Head (LOL)

So... I got another Idea.

Went to an XP Machine and logged on as an Admin.
Launched the .exe and opened the .dfu file
Connected the Mod with the Battery in. Selected UPDATE
Immediately got an XP Found Driver
HM Chip Tools now can see the RSQ Mod.
Updated the Firmware. Worked Fine.
Screen Orientation is now remembered
Did it again and Changed the "Shut Screen Times" to 10 on the Config Tab
Seemed to Work. Unplugged the Mod
Now the Screen AND the LED light stay on for 10 Seconds
Mission Accomplished !!!

So I'm not sure what the Deal was with the WIN7 USB Device Driver? I suspect it was something to do with Services/Settings being Turned Off for Max Performance on that WIN7 Machine.

But the TL/DR is that the "Shut Screen Times" did change Both the Screen and the Bottle LED on time. Which I like a Lot Better.

:thumb:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
O.k. so I know we can update the device to change the settings we want. My question,is everyone who is receiving the date as of today coming with the updated FW installed already?
Probably going to depend on where you buy it from and how recently they have gotten newer stock.

Some folks had where it remembered the LED color between battery changes out of the box, some of us no go. I got mine from MVS and had to update it for this.

In all honesty, I only bothered updating mine because I wanted to change how quickly the screen/bottle light turned off. I think the default was 20 or 30 seconds. I turned it all the way down to 10. You need the software to do this, I can't find where to change this on the mod. I wasn't really concerned with it remembering the LED color or screen orientation myself, but it is an added bonus I guess.

Maybe some folks here can respond where they got theirs if the firmware was already current. However, some settings require the software to change anyways.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I got my silver one from Vape Royalty just over a week ago,and i assume it already had the update,i turned the led off and it stayed off after a battery swap.The only reason i even downloaded the program was to fix the screen swapping because it was annoying having to switch it back after every battery swap.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I got my silver one from Vape Royalty just over a week ago,and i assume it already had the update,i turned the led off and it stayed off after a battery swap.The only reason i even downloaded the program was to fix the screen swapping because it was annoying having to switch it back after every battery swap.
Yep, so it sounds like you got the 'updated' version.

Seems kind of silly to me though that they would update it to only save the led setting and not change it to save screen orientation at the same time. Really? LOL

Wasn't a big deal to me to update it, but that seems like a blatant oversight not to have it save ALL user customizable options out of the box. Why just one option? Evidently the LED feature caused the most complaints.

Reactions: b.m.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread