Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I will.

If anyone is using, or has used, 430 SS, what TCR Value are you using in your RSQ?
I tried some AVS 430ss fused clapton on it but don't recall what tcr value I used, or if I even bothered to change the tcr. It didn't stay on it long because it was a 0.22 ohm build and ramp up was really bad on the rsq so I moved the stupid bonza and it's loose negative block/post to the drag when I heard the pulse 80w was coming with a gene chip lol.

I will be curious to hear other opinions on the rsq with 430ss as I have 8 or 9 more of those coils to use. If I do use them on the rsq again I will probably be adding a wrap or two if possible to bring the ohms up closer to, or over, 0.3 ohms.

Reactions: zoiDman

RSZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Canada
I have not tried SS 430 I always use 316 L.
Is there any taste difference in the two materials? I mght have to pick some up just to tinker around with.

Taste is pretty much the same. There is no nickel in 430SS, some people are sensitive to nickel and can't vape wire with nickel in it.

430SS is not as corrosion resistant either, tends to get "dirtier". People complain of dirty 430SS wire, it just gets oxidized when exposed to air.

It also does temp control a little better, a little more accurate than 316L.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Starting point for 430 SS TCR is.00138

Cool.

So from the RSQ User Manual, these are the mod's TCR range values...

RSQ_TCR.jpg

With TCR (XX) being a User Defined/Custom value.

So if I want to use a Custom TCR Value, I would assume that I would us the Last 4 Digits of a 6 Digit TCR value. For 430 SS, that would be 1380.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The bottle has no holes and the cap is tightened down every time. I can only assume that the leak is coming from around the tube seeing as it slides in and out of the cap easily.

Try this...

After the Bottle is Full and in the Mod, take a pair of Tweezers and gently pull the Silicone Tube up so it is attached to the Mod's Feed Tube a little Higher.

Then Holding the Silicone Tube with the Tweezers, push the Bottle Down so it is touching the Bottom of the Bottle Cavity in the Mod.

What you should End Up with is the Silicone Tube making More Contact with the Mod's Feed Tube. And a New Portion of the Silicone Tube being in contact with the Bottle Cap Hole.

ETA: You might also try taking the Silicone Tube out of the Spare Bottle and seeing if it Fits Tighter in the Bottle Cap Hole than the one you are using now.

Last edited:

JPoodles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
West Boylston, MA
Try this...

After the Bottle is Full and in the Mod, take a pair of Tweezers and gently pull the Silicone Tube up so it is attached to the Mod's Feed Tube a little Higher.

Then Holding the Silicone Tube with the Tweezers, push the Bottle Down so it is touching the Bottom of the Bottle Cavity in the Mod.

What you should End Up with is the Silicone Tube making More Contact with the Mod's Feed Tube. And a New Portion of the Silicone Tube being in contact with the Bottle Cap Hole.

ETA: You might also try taking the Silicone Tube out of the Spare Bottle and seeing if it Fits Tighter in the Bottle Cap Hole that you are using now.
Thanks for the suggestion. This is how I already load the bottle in. I've observed the cap hole while in use and have never seen a leak in progress but everytime i pull it out to refill, there is liquid inside the mod. So it could be that it's originating somewhere else but I have no other clues to suggest where.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for the suggestion. This is how I already load the bottle in. I've observed the cap hole while in use and have never seen a leak in progress but everytime i pull it out to refill, there is liquid inside the mod. So it could be that it's originating somewhere else but I have no other clues to suggest where.

Yeah... Tracing down a Leak can be a PITA sometimes.

You might also try Using the Mod with the Door Off and see if you can find where the Leak is coming from.

Reactions: JPoodles

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Have to say I am really enjoying my RSQ. Just can't seem to put it down. Still hate that serious 510 gappage,extremely annoying. I kind of wish I had ordered two of these? As good as this device is i can't believe there isn't more buzz going on about it?? I guess it does not appeal to alot of people?

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
One of my Dead Rabbit 24mm clones sits flush on the RSQ, the other does not. I think I am going to order a few M3 BF pins from Fasttech and see it that makes a difference. My Apocalypse Gen 2 clone is the same way. Haven't had an issue with my Goon 1.5 clones or the Drop (also a clone), they sit flush.

Possible M3 BF Pin for Dead Rabbit and Apocalypse:

$2.83 Replacement Bottom Feeder Pin for Mad Dog RDA Atomizer (3-Pack) 3-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Bottles

$6.82 Mechanical Mod Replacement Squonk Bottle (10-Pack) 10-pack - 8ml / PE at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Tubing (better than what came with bottles above)

uxcell 2mm Inner Dia 4mm OD Flexible Hose Silicone Tubing Tube Pipe 2M 6.56ft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012T3HAG2?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fozzy71

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Just a Heads Up on those PE Bottles. I got a 5 Pack of them Last Week.

They Work Fine if you are looking for a Stiffer Bottle. No Funky Smells or Leaking. Tubing Fits Tight on the Mod's Feed Tube. Great Price.

The only Knock I have with them is they are a Smidge Smaller in Diameter than the OEM Bottles. So I got a little Bottle Rattle. This might Not be a Big Deal for Many People. But if Bottle Rattle Bugs the Heck out of you, something to consider.

But, for the Price of 5 Bottles, it wasn't exactly the End of the World.

LOL

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Just a Heads Up on those PE Bottles. I got a 5 Pack of them Last Week.

They Work Fine if you are looking for a Stiffer Bottle. No Funky Smells or Leaking. Tubing Fits Tight on the Mod's Feed Tube. Great Price.

The only Knock I have with them is they are a Smidge Smaller in Diameter than the OEM Bottles. So I got a little Bottle Rattle. This might Not be a Big Deal for Many People. But if Bottle Rattle Bugs the Heck out of you, something to consider.

But, for the Price of 5 Bottles, it wasn't exactly the End of the World.

LOL
Agreed. The tubing I replaced in them is stiff so the bottle wedges in and does not move much.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread