Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiqa

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Idaho
I am going to chime in on the positive side just to help balance things. When I first go into all this I made an order with TW after talking with them on the phone. Good phone support, fast shipping and no problems with the juice I ordered. The only reason I have not ordered more is I prefer more vg.

I do Not like the cartoon style website and I think it hurts the cause.

Last edited:

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
For those that are interested TW just changed its multipack policy.

this is from the email I received:
After listening to our customers valued and valid points on our Old MULTI PACK policy, we have recognised this needed to be changed.

Although we still do not offer a warranty on these items we now allow a 48 hour time period for customers to check their product to insure it is in good working order.

Totally Wicked values greatly its customers, we will endeavour to work with you when we have procedural issues that affect your experience of our staff and our products.

Please view the new policy on MPs via this listing.

and here is from the TW site:
510 TITAN Electronic Cigarette 5 x Atomiser Multi Pack

Multi Pack warranty- As such there is no warranty period on Totally Wickeds Battery or Atomizer Multi Packs. The batteries and Atomizers are however exactly the same products as the products we sell at full price with a 28 day warranty.

MULTI PACK items have a basic 48 hour dead on arrival cover, this means from date of receipt the buyer has 48 hours to check the goods to insure they are in good working order.

If any faults are found with your products please contact us immediately and we will replace. We will require the goods are returned first but will cover postage both ways. Please only send via standard recorded USPS or Royal Mail Service..

We will not cover other couriers fees

All the best, happy vaping,
Wing.

Last edited:

Chumbah

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
NW London
I've been following this thread for a while now, and it's apparent that there are some with an axe to grind, whilst others have some genuine concerns and suggestions.

It's also quite plain that the things have been said in the heat of the moment, or in defense of one side or the other.

I was always tought that if you are man enough to throw an insult, you should be man enough to apologise.

The bottom line is, that upon reflection and after due consideration the appropriate apologies have been made, and in the public domain, rather than behind closed doors - and that alone merits respect.

The final outcome, has, in my view reached it's rightful outcome, that being that faulty/doa MP atty's have the opportunity to be returned for replacement within a specific and realistic window - which is what I suspect many would have welcomed, or at the very least expected.

It is time to move forward for everyones benefit.

Last edited:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
I don't post much, but I decided to put in my $0.02. If, as a customer, I see something that has no warranty, I don't buy it. Period. So, you bought something on the cheap you knew didn't have a warranty, and now you complain it doesn't have a warranty? I don't get it.

Ok, this seems to have been resolved/rectified as far as TW goes but this distinction is worth a side discussion just as a general point of interest.

I guess there would be the legal distinction and then there would be common/customary expectations. Maybe different.

When someone says "warranty" I immediately think "...when it breaks or doesn't work like it did". I just sort of start some time after... So then, in this thread, I started thinking "how is DOA any different?". Does no warranty mean you're SOL?

Let's assume it's NO WARRANTY:
If you ordered a hammer and got a pen, would that be a warranty issue?
If you ordered a hammer and it came without a handle, would that be a warranty issue?
If you ordered a hammer and it came with a broken handle?
If you ordered a hammer and the handle broke after only 100 nails?

I'm thinking that technically you might not be covered at all.
But the common expectation would be that you're only out of luck in the last case.

crand

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
Firstly i would like to apologise for some of my posts last night, they bordered on the sarcastic and not a good example of myself and the belief i have in my company, my customers, my staff and my products.

I had not realised how serious not only the Multi Pack policy problem was(is) and how it reflects on Totally Wicked and myself.

Totally Wicked is me, so i take full responsibility with no excuses for this current situation. I have not slept all night and have been mulling over possible soloutions. I will need to talk with my managers but think i have a soloution that will satisfy everyone.

I will and have in fact emailed both my main suppliers and explained that their quality control is becoming a more than serious issue and it now needs addressing not brushing over. I will spk with them on MSN later.

Two options with the Atomizer and batterys problems.

1= Scrap all Multi Packs , sell all current stock with a 30% discount and cover all parts as i do for the LR attys against DOAS for the first 24 hours..

Drop the price of all single batteries and atomizers and bring these to a level around 20% above the current MP prices. This should give enough leeway to allow for a full 28 day warranty but also allow my customers a decent priced item.

2= Continue to sell the Multi Packs but offer a 7 day warranty on them.

I prefer option 1 for this reason it will cause less confusion and bring all goods under a single warranty policy.

Once decided and actioned i will EMail all current customers to let them know what the situation is, the reason for MP discounts and our new policy.

Second issue= Paypal a little trickier as i have never had a proper explanation as to why there are charges for one user but not the next and in all honesty i have never pushed this.. Sort of let it ride, not good but true.

Just as an observation now on some of the criticism leveled against Totally Wicked that we dont care, it might have appeared that way but we care deeply. My goal was and is to produce a company of real value and integrity, i believe we are moving towards this... But as rightly highlighted on here a way off yet, i might get defensive when criticised but i do listen and hear..

I have listen, not liked what i heard, reacted badly, recognised this and then asked myself the question How can i solve this challenge and move forwards in a positive manner??

Again let me apologise on behalf of my company to any customer that has felt let down, un heard or misled..

USA customers please email alex on product@totallywicked-eliquid.com with any old or current un-resolved issues.

Uk and uropean customers please email donna at donna@totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk

I will insure every email is answered and resolved, but dont take offense if i request faulty items back to check.. We will off course cover shipping costs both ways..

I respect this response. I think I can safely speak for others when I say that, as a TW Customer I/We are truly rooting for you, not against you.

justsomeguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2010
Texas
I have listen, not liked what i heard, reacted badly, recognised this and then asked myself the question How can i solve this challenge and move forwards in a positive manner??

Again let me apologise on behalf of my company to any customer that has felt let down, un heard or misled..

Pillbox - hat's off to you.
It takes a lot to not only recognize mistakes, but own up to them publicly.
I know it's not easy.

There have clearly been things said on both sides of this debate that don't reflect well on the individuals posting them - of course what is unfortunate on your end is that customer's can get away with that for the most part, but businesses cannot.

I'm glad to see that you took some time to step away and think it through.
And I for one am very happy to see this thread moving in a constructive direction. Your changes and suggestions so far sound great, and I hope you'll continue to explore different options.

I hope this means you plan on keeping the USA branch running.
Either way - best of luck with everything.

boxhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Chico, california
a hammer and got a pen, would that be a warranty issue?
If you ordered a hammer and it came without a handle, would that be a warranty issue?
If you ordered a hammer and it came with a broken handle?
If you ordered a hammer and the handle broke after only 100 nails?

i got a ScrewDriver! :2cool:

hehe sorry, really i tried...so that came out.

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
First off, I've been ordering from T.W for a long time now. I had to return a product several times. One was a PCC case that wasn't working proper. They sent me a new one
before I even shipped the faulty one back. Received the new one in days. The other instance was I wasn't happy with a juice. I think I received a bad batch. It happens every once in a while. Again I was shipped replacements, no questions asked, before I even sent the product back. I broke down today and ordered a Tornado. I'm confident
that if I have a problem it will be handled without a problem. For those that know me and those that don't, I don't endorse any of the sites. I try to tell it like it is. I've read
a few complaints about T.W and all I can say is I've been very happy with the service and products. Contact them if you have a problem and I'm sure they will make it right.
Dave

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
I had the same problem as the OP with a sticking button on a Tornado batt from a multipack. They refused to replace it. I posted this on their site and the owner delted my post TWICE. The attys and batteries in multipacks are clearly marked MP so they know they are from multipacks too.

Ill never order from them again.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I had the same problem as the OP with a sticking button on a Tornado batt from a multipack. They refused to replace it. I posted this on their site and the owner delted my post TWICE. The attys and batteries in multipacks are clearly marked MP so they know they are from multipacks too.

Ill never order from them again.

They have changed their policy now but I don't know if it's retroactive or not. Contact them and see. I would.

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
WiηgC¤mmαηdεя;1390167 said:
For those that are interested TW just changed its multipack policy.

this is from the email I received:

Quote:
Multi Pack warranty- As such there is no warranty period on Totally Wickeds Battery or Atomizer Multi Packs. The Batteries and Atomizers are however exactly the same products as the products we sell at full price with a 28 day warranty.

MULTI PACK items have a basic 48 hour dead on arrival cover, this means from date of receipt the buyer has 48 hours to check the goods to insure they are in good working order.

If any faults are found with your products please contact us immediately and we will replace. We will require the goods are returned first but will cover postage both ways. Please only send via standard recorded USPS or Royal Mail Service..

We will not cover other couriers fees

and here is from the TW site:
510 TITAN Electronic Cigarette 5 x Atomiser Multi Pack

All the best, happy Vaping,
Wing.

Still not good enough. Most suppliers will cross-ship an item. You get a delivery conformation receipt from the P.O. with the number on it and e-mail them the number and they go ahead and send the replacement. What's so hard about that? It comes down to customer service.

You can get that on a first class mailing for a dollar and some change so it's not expensive, so you don't have to spend a lot of money to do it. Just use an old bubble envelope from a previous supplier order to send it back in.

Imagine sitting there with one battery to use waiting two weeks for another to arrive. That's not going to work.

I guess our many complaints finally changed their DOA policy though.

Besides, you can get Ego multipack batteries at Janty world. The Ego comes with a fast USB charger too, not the slow regular 510 charger. Dietsmokes has a 6 month warranty on the Ego.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
I dont think its a case of not caring or not being bothered, its more a case of a no win argument.
Firstly any foreign transaction fee is not charged by my company, is not received by my company and would be not there if i had the Option. The reality is i dont.

I have tried my best to build a business of real value in the USA and incorporated two of the only payment providers i can/could find to allow online transactions.

1=Paypal UK, Paypal USA as we all know is a no go. Paypal Uk only allowed because i trade as a uk company.. To all intense and purposes there exists no USA retail business.

2=Calgate int an israeli payment gateway (only implement because customers were requesting they wanted to place phone orders and not pay via paypal). Why calgate??? because noonelse would take the business.

DOA>>. we look at cases on an individual basis. Reason??

We sell thousands of multi pack items a week with few complaints.. In the Uk a lot less than the states.. Not because they are a better or worse product, but because it appears the cross cultural expectations are different.

I have been accutely aware of an ongoing feeling that the MP items were of lesser quality and i dont care.. Emphatically untrue they are the exact same product as my warrantied items.. but guess what?? We get limited returns on these.

I also think two things

1>. It is off course possible for an occassional DOA to arrive in a customers MP..If so we swap it. But not two, three or even 4 some customers complain about.

Eg ?>> one lady who create holy hell on here was saying 4 out of 5 atomizers were faulty.. I spoke to her myself via email, she would not return these for me to check or so i could refund. All i heard from her was that it was despicable i did not take her word for it and i should send her 5 more.

Second example>> A lady said her atomizers did not work, in fact these were not MP, i took the call as i was in florida at the time. It took me an hour on the phone with her, to workout she was using reg atomizers and Mega Titan carts..

Once i got her to understand the difference hey presto all atomizers worked.

It only takes one person to light the fire and you get , or TW gets a thread like this. We have thousands of satisfied customers, its a shame not everyone but that im afraid is life..

I will look at my policy on returns, but anyone on here who has been a member for any length of time and knows me, will know i will not be bullied into an incorrect decision.

Personally, your response was too little too late. PERIOD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread