Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Not dropping the ball here....

My "eval" SE from Liberty Flights arrived yesterday and I must say that this is a stunning unit. The silver/stainless trim pieces in conjunction with the brushed main body makes for a very attractive PV. I'm impressed.

I'm currently using one of the batteries with an eGo-T atomizer setup and it vapes quite nicely. As I have mentioned other places.. using the "T" with a Riva style battery "tightens" up the draw a little bit, but I personally like that.

I'm a little tied up today (there is a football game on ya know....), but I will put the battery on the load tester and scope tomorrow to see how this unit is programmed.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Ummmmm.....

OK, I'm a little dumbfounded here (I must say).

I have put the LF Riva SE on my load tester and my oscilloscope.

There is no visible waveform.... there is no visible PWM. The unit is putting out a solid 3.7VDC.

In other words, this is a true 3.7VDC eGo class PV battery system. The first one that I have seen.

I will continue to test n order to see what the "sag" is, and how the unit handles voltage cutoff.

At some point I may also try to determine if this unit has "solved" the MOSFET failure situation by implementing an effective "low resistance/short protection". Keeping in mind that this test is usually "destructive".

Yes.... this is a game changer.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Ummmmm.....

There is no visible waveform.... there is no visible PWM. The unit is putting out a solid 3.7VDC.

In other words, this is a true 3.7VDC eGo class PV battery system. The first one that I have seen.

I will continue to test n order to see what the "sag" is, and how the unit handles voltage cutoff.

At some point I may also try to determine if this unit has "solved" the MOSFET failure situation by implementing an effective "low resistance/short protection". Keeping in mind that this test is usually "destructive".

That's really cool!
Tear it up Scott!

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Great news!!! Thanks for posting it. I am glad you were able to confirm this. I knew I wasn't imagining it, I just couldn't get pictures out of my lab as it is classified, and felt like no one believed me. The only thing at home I have is a xmeter... I haven't taken one apart, well because I want to use them, but I am highly interested in your findings regarding short protection. I am assuming these findings will be posted in your main thread.

Also, to note. Abe can probably add to his webpage that these are true 3.7 devices... I think this is important to distinguish them as different from regular eGos and Riva types IMO.

PC_Clone

Dec 28, 2010
Chicago Area, IL
Yep, I understand. I lived in Waukegan(sp) when I was stationed @Great Lakes. I had to be real careful as a Redskins fan :D

In IL you can be a redskins fan if you like, you just can't be a Packers fan. Congrats to the Pack though, the Bears seemed to have forgotten they had a game to play yesterday.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
i assume that the SE rivas are just silver instead of gold. so how come mine at no load puts out 3.7 volts off the charger? what is yours doing off the charger with no load?

Ummmmm.....

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Riva 510 - Special Edition
Presented in a presentation box with full colour manaul, this kit is suited to vapers of all experience levels. This is a Special Edition Riva, boasting a Stainless Steel finish, and Chrome accents. The Kit includes 2x matching SE atomizers, measuring 2.0 ohm's.

•2 x 750mAh Battery
•2 x 510 Atomizer - 2.0 ohm resistance
•1 x USB Fast Charger
•1 x USB Mains Plug (US)
•10 x Blank Carts - e-liquid will be required to fill the cartridges, sold separately
•1 x Atomizer Cone
Please note : This kit comes with a US usb mains plug. The plug shown in the picture is not the plug that will ship with your order.

Please note: If you order more than 1 of these at a time then you will be charged $1.49 shipping for each additional kit, this helps us keep the cost down.
Black Riva 510 - SE Edition1 Reviews (10/10) $42.99
Steel Riva 510 - SE Edition15 Reviews (9/10) $42.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread