RM 4 info/ max wire gauge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Oct 29, 2015
Fort Worth, TX
Hey,

Just got off the phone with Rob, he was extremely helpful and a great guy to do business with.

Where I had one additional question that he pointed me here for was what gauge wire will work in an RM 4?

Im wanting to fit either single strand 27/28g KA1/NiCh80 Or twisted 30g KA1 in this thing. Will the positive post allow this?

If not can I just dremel it out?

Emailing Rob the order at 4ish, so maybe Ill get an answer by then or just try my luck lol.

Thanks,
BLT

PS:
If you dont know what gauge wire will fit, but you have experience with the RM4 Id love to hear it.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Oct 29, 2015
Fort Worth, TX
Wither one of those will fit no problems. I know cause I have one.

Thanks man, Idk why i said MTL in my original thread. I guess because I had literally just finished watching S_X_D's video and he was saying it.

Im looking for a restricted DL inhale, will the RM4 fit the bill? If not Ill go with the RM2 and just puff around with it until I can find a Nuppin or O-16 for a reasonable price.

Thanks for answering so quickly man.

Reactions: SteamStack

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'm a bit of a 'luddite', but the RM4/Atomic is still one of my favorite attys. Definitely 'old school', but a classic, IMO. I have 2 of them; one from Rob, and another from a different modder. I build them with 26g kanthal dual coils, metering out at about .4 Ohm's. Each coil is 7 wraps, on a 2mm mandrel. The only thing I didn't like about the RM4, when I began using it was, Rob's version has only 1 squonk/drain hole in the center post. I found squonking a little restrictive, with my usual 70VG/30VG juice. So, I pushed the center post out, and drilled through the one squonk/drain hole, so I ended up with 2 holes, 180 degrees apart. It works perfectly that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread