RSST dual coil ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Man, I'd love to see the coils not covered up in cotton.

Made another one with one extra wrap to tame it down a little. I threw it on there because I was gonna go out. When I get to my friends house later I will be trying some more true dual coils. He has an RSST as well and I am going to recruit him to help our cause. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389315381991.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389315381991.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
So I tried a single dragon tonight. The coil was vertical just a little off to the side of the wick hole. Wrapped it in cotton and it would shoot a violent stream of vapor straight up out of the coil like it's supposed to. But it was a TERRIBLE VAPE. :p

I'm guessing cause it was pointing straight at the drip tip... Very harsh vape and not a lot of vapor. I'll post the pics tomorrow. Guess I need to try a different setup like you said with it pointing at the air hole.

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
I also just got a cable wick today but all my juice is 80% vg. I hope that doesn't slow it down too terribly.

I have 80vg/20pg juice that I use with my 1/8" 7x7 ss rope sleeved with ekowool. I actually think it over wicks if I leave it sitting for an hour or so. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
That's just nuts. Great vapor production but its not getting any air mixed with it to mellow it out. I bet it hurt the throat bad. What is your vg/pg ratio? Looks like its 70%+ vg.

That particular juice might be straight VG... takes forever to get it into a syringe.. lol.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Give it a shot. I like mine. :vapor: I can't wait for that roll of wire. I want to get a few more ideas out of my head and onto the tank. lol I wanna try a dual coil like yours but side by side instead of over-under.

Just put the kids to bed about a half hour ago. Decided it was time to revisit this (^) idea. Haven't fired it yet because the MNKE is still charging. Here's what I got...

8 wraps, 28g, on the 1/16" drill bits, torch compressed, and sitting pretty at .6 ohms. I will let you know how it fires shortly.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Its looks better than it is. I am liking the vapor, but the favor is iffy. Its wicked really well but its just not keeping up because the coils are too friggin hot. Every hit I taste cotton over the dragonfruit 20/80 in it. I like the idea and I think I am onto something but instead of 8 wraps it should probably be like 10-12 to bump it to about .8 ohms... I am going to try something a little bit off topic but I'll post it anyway when its finished. Should only take about 30 min or so.

Last edited:

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Alright, I am way over nic'd from breaking this one in. This one is also cool looking and provides a sick cloud, and decent TH, but its still not the flavor machine that I'm trying to get. This is a 1.6 ohm infinity coil, and its a PITA to make. Ran it on the Vamo from 12.5-15w, decided that wasn't cutting it, then switched to volts. Turned it up to 5.8 (21.02w) and it was much better. Still not worth the effort to build imo. It would be better if there was a bed under it, but that's not going to be a viable option for this tank, unless the coils are laid down flat over the wick hole with a long positive leg... I might try this type setup again but with 10 wrap individual coils for a sub ohm.

Last edited:

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Make sure you run everything through ohms law. You can get the app on your smartphone if you don't have it already. Make sure you don't exceed the amp rating on the batteries. I am running an MNKE rated at 30a pulse, 25a running, but its only 1500mah. Last night with that side by side .6 and testing out my igo-w cloud machine, I killed it in 8 min flat lol. I am waiting on the B&M that my buddy works at to get the Sony VTC4's that are 30a running and 2100mah. He gets stuff for me at cost. :D

The Battery Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread