RSST dual coil ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Yeah it's working great.

I should be getting some vape mail today.

- Silver Plated center post

- AGA series insulators

- Spare top cap

- 100ft roll of 28g kanthal

Welp, guess I'll be rebuilding tonight. :p

I might do a little of that myself. I think I want to take another pass at the double barrel dragon think. I'm thinking about turning them sideways and going lower with the openings. I have a few other things I want to try. I think at some point we might have a conclusion about what works good, better, and best.
:thumbs:

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
I think there is a good possibility that it wouldn't get the air cooling the coils and collecting the vapor, resulting in a very harsh TH and less vapor/flavor. The coils would need more resistance than if you could line the airhole up with them. You would have to shoot for a cooler build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
So I played around a bunch tonight. Tried a 1/16 vs 5/64 and the bigger hole is better. Reduces the TH a little and gives a little more vapor.

Also tried a true mesh dual coil but with one air hole it sucked balls. Tried a paired micro coil @ .7 ohms and it was way to hot and harsh.

Seems like my favorite setup so far is just a micro with cotton. Although I did like the stacked dual coils... Maybe I'll try perfecting those.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
So I played around a bunch tonight. Tried a 1/16 vs 5/64 and the bigger hole is better. Reduces the TH a little and gives a little more vapor.

Also tried a true mesh dual coil but with one air hole it sucked balls. Tried a paired micro coil @ .7 ohms and it was way to hot and harsh.

Seems like my favorite setup so far is just a micro with cotton. Although I did like the stacked dual coils... Maybe I'll try perfecting those.

Wasnt that one inline? That would provide a good strong connection.

I'm seriously considering drilling some holes in this thing. I probably shouldn't, but my RSST was a freebie for building a quad coil in a trident for a guy at the B&M. He really didn't like it. It was a little abused, but once I got that nasty cinnamon nonsense cleaned out of it and drilled the airhole it was good to go. I might just blow another airhole in the cap and make it more evil than my igo-w. Why the heck not? Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
I know better than to run that low but I'll have more ready tomorrow, but I hate waiting for people to make me juice. I think I'm just going to start ordering it online. I found some awesome B&M flavors locally but I don't do 70% pg so I have them custom blend it... Hey could you PM me a good place to get some from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread