RDA Sapor RDA by Wotofo

Status
Not open for further replies.

john perry

Jan 15, 2016
That would be your centerpin's insulator. It's the way the Sapor is made. I've tried pulling out the center post T block but failed. It's in there strangely & moves up and down with the centerpin itself. Take out your build, turn the Sapor upside down and push the posts down against a hard surface. If your centerpost is raised above the deck posts, it should push back down. Then try to screw in the centerpin all the way. Test it after by filling it with juice or water or whatever to see if the leak still happens. If it does, wrap some Teflon tape around the 510 screw while you're screwing it in. I've tried to get the 510 insulator out, but wasn't able to get that or any part of the post assembly out (except for the centerpin screw).
Edit: it's a cheaply made atty. my advice would be to try and get a refund if possible. If not try a different top air atty like the Aeolus v2/v2 lite, or the Vector. I posted a link where you can get a vector for $19.99 a few posts up, and it's MUCH better than the Sapor.

alright thanks for the help i'll give that a try, if worst comes to worst, i'll get a different rda

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
alright thanks for the help i'll give that a try, if worst comes to worst, i'll get a different rda
Yeah man. I went thru 2 Sapors in a week and a half. Both insulator problems. Not leaking, but the centerpin's insulator melted and got pushed in on both so I couldn't use on hybrid mods. The centerpost came up about a 1-2mm or so and when I pushed it back down there was an audible click noise. Bad quality atty IMO

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Do you get any spitting? Do you use the chuff, what VG%, what resistance, what wattage? I want to get less spitting with my claptons, I know it's not the RDA itself
Twisted builds spit for me. Claptons rarely spit. I am not using the chuff. I vape max VG. Ohms are .1-.3 in general. 50 watts typically. I think pg being so thin causes spit.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Twisted builds spit for me. Claptons rarely spit. I am not using the chuff. I vape max VG. Ohms are .1-.3 in general. 50 watts typically. I think pg being so thin causes spit.
Thanks for the reply! I think my main problem is running wattage way too high, I like short hot vapes. Around 50 watts, I get no spitting either

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Glad you finally spoke up, Friend :)

I find less flavor with the chuff as well, but I really enjoy the airflow it provides.

Man...I need to try those claptons out one day.
Ehh IMO they're seriously overrated it's just heat...really poor flavor production in my experience

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Ehh IMO they're seriously overrated it's just heat...really poor flavor production in my experience
Claptons vary widely based on gauge. Yeah a 24/28 Clapton isn't really the best, but for example, a 24g with a 34g & up wrap is a much different vape. I would use 28g as a core wire in a fused Clapton, with a 36-40g wrap to keep the surface area from getting too thick.

Claptons aren't over rated, they're not fancy, they're becoming pretty standard these days because they're basic. Even in stock disposable coils for tanks.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
Claptons vary widely based on gauge. Yeah a 24/28 Clapton isn't really the best, but for example, a 24g with a 34g & up wrap is a much different vape. I would use 28g as a core wire in a fused Clapton, with a 36-40g wrap to keep the surface area from getting too thick.

Claptons aren't over rated, they're not fancy, they're becoming pretty standard these days because they're basic. Even in stock disposable coils for tanks.

Love claptons. I would never try to wrap them myself, but I've found lots of places that sell prewrapped wire and even premade coils for very cheap

KSS89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
Charlestown, RI, USA
so I have an issue with my sapor, and in fact both of my top airflow rdas. The wick disintegrates and even disappears after use of only about one day after rewicking. after a day the wick is just singed in half and is in two pieces. Im only running at about 40-50 watts on both of these drippers, the other one being the MGMT atty by shado vapors. the sapor I usually do TC with SS and the MGMT is kanthal and both are usually 24 gauge wire. Ive never had this issue with any other dripper and it has made them unusable as flavor drops off almost immediately and is all but gone after about 36hrs of use. very frustrating to have a good portion of my rda collection working so poorly. Ive tried all types of coil placements (close/far to the top as possible, close/far to the posts as possible, and everywhere in between). when I was using my MGMT on a mech with thicker wire the problem was less pronounced but on VW mods they both suck. I think the air is just entering the intake and immediately being sucked out of the tip without hitting the coils or only kinda hitting the top. has anyone else experienced this? I cant be the only one to have such issues with top airflow... like I said ive never had close to this kind of issue with my bottom or side airflow rdas. sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread