The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Sapor RDA by Wotofo

Discussion in 'RDA' started by BennyAdeline, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. john perry

john perry New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    alright thanks for the help i'll give that a try, if worst comes to worst, i'll get a different RDA

2. Tom Forde

Tom Forde Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2015
    NJ
    Yeah man. I went thru 2 Sapors in a week and a half. Both insulator problems. Not leaking, but the centerpin's insulator melted and got pushed in on both so I couldn't use on hybrid mods. The centerpost came up about a 1-2mm or so and when I pushed it back down there was an audible click noise. Bad quality atty IMO

3. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    What resistance are you using in the Sapor?
    Hoping my .5 builds won't cause problems with the insulators.

4. Tom Forde

Mar 16, 2015
    NJ
    I've gone over this a lot. .19-.30Ω.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Captain Pegleg

Captain Pegleg Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    I wonder if the splatter verions which came out later had these problems fixed, or if I just got lucky?

6. Wake'n'Vape

Wake'n'Vape Senior Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Also have the splatter version with no issues at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. T0mmy1977

T0mmy1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    Just received the Sapor. I put dual twisted 24g in and it's a very nice vape. No complaints.

• Like Like x 1
  8. aGoGo

aGoGo Full Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Mine works like a charm for months now. One grub screw became loose but everything is now fine after replacing it.

9. WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Dead nuts level. Never touched it.

10. WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Twisted builds spit for me. Claptons rarely spit. I am not using the chuff. I vape max VG. Ohms are .1-.3 in general. 50 watts typically. I think pg being so thin causes spit.

11. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    Thanks for the reply! I think my main problem is running wattage way too high, I like short hot vapes. Around 50 watts, I get no spitting either

12. sahsah

sahsah Super Member ECF Veteran

Ehh IMO they're seriously overrated it's just heat...really poor flavor production in my experience

13. Tom Forde

Mar 16, 2015
    NJ
    Claptons vary widely based on gauge. Yeah a 24/28 Clapton isn't really the best, but for example, a 24g with a 34g & up wrap is a much different vape. I would use 28g as a core wire in a fused Clapton, with a 36-40g wrap to keep the surface area from getting too thick.

Claptons aren't over rated, they're not fancy, they're becoming pretty standard these days because they're basic. Even in stock disposable coils for tanks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    Love claptons. I would never try to wrap them myself, but I've found lots of places that sell prewrapped wire and even premade coils for very cheap

15. KSS89

KSS89 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2014
    Charlestown, RI, USA
    so I have an issue with my sapor, and in fact both of my top airflow rdas. The wick disintegrates and even disappears after use of only about one day after rewicking. after a day the wick is just singed in half and is in two pieces. Im only running at about 40-50 watts on both of these drippers, the other one being the MGMT atty by shado vapors. the sapor I usually do TC with SS and the MGMT is kanthal and both are usually 24 gauge wire. Ive never had this issue with any other dripper and it has made them unusable as flavor drops off almost immediately and is all but gone after about 36hrs of use. very frustrating to have a good portion of my rda collection working so poorly. Ive tried all types of coil placements (close/far to the top as possible, close/far to the posts as possible, and everywhere in between). when I was using my MGMT on a mech with thicker wire the problem was less pronounced but on VW mods they both suck. I think the air is just entering the intake and immediately being sucked out of the tip without hitting the coils or only kinda hitting the top. has anyone else experienced this? I cant be the only one to have such issues with top airflow... like I said ive never had close to this kind of issue with my bottom or side airflow rdas. sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.