RDA Sapor RDA by Wotofo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Dang, that's a great price! Way less than I paid, though I haven't regretted paying so much for mine.

As for my Sapor not working, I think since it's a SMPL mech clone with no center pin vs. regulated devices with spring loaded 510 connectors is the reason. Just doesn't quite reach on the SMPL clone is all
Eh it's not that. It's that when the center pin doesn't prodtrude, it pushes the center post T block up. I've tried getting that post out and never had any luck. It's just a bad design. Like I've used it not only on direct to battery mechs, but parallel mech boxes & regulated mod's as well. Anything ~.2Ω or hot builds cause the centerpin's insulator to kinda just melt.
While the deck insulator may be peek, the insulator that goes in the 510 threading might be, but it can't handle heat. Try pushing your center pin screw up with your thumb or on a flat surface. Then try pushing your center post block back down. There's an audible click that you hear when pushing it back down.

Besides, I ordered an authentic Vector for $19.99, $22.56 or so shipped. From what I've seen physically by building on them and what I've read, they're much higher quality than the Sapor. Aeolus Lite looks nice, but I don't like the anodized look to them. I like the look of the Aeolus v2 pro, with the top cap having a gloss coat or plating with the chimney section looking like better quality as well. But for the price of the Aeolus Lite, the finish is something I'd deal with in only black, silver, or gold. Or a combination of any of those three.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Eh it's not that. It's that when the center pin doesn't prodtrude, it pushes the center post T block up. I've tried getting that post out and never had any luck. It's just a bad design. Like I've used it not only on direct to battery mechs, but parallel mech boxes & regulated mod's as well. Anything ~.2Ω or hot builds cause the centerpin's insulator to kinda just melt.
While the deck insulator may be peek, the insulator that goes in the 510 threading might be, but it can't handle heat. Try pushing your center pin screw up with your thumb or on a flat surface. Then try pushing your center post block back down. There's an audible click that you hear when pushing it back down.

Besides, I ordered an authentic Vector for $19.99, $22.56 or so shipped. From what I've seen physically by building on them and what I've read, they're much higher quality than the Sapor. Aeolus Lite looks nice, but I don't like the anodized look to them. I like the look of the Aeolus v2 pro, with the top cap having a gloss coat or plating with the chimney section looking like better quality as well. But for the price of the Aeolus Lite, the finish is something I'd deal with in only black, silver, or gold. Or a combination of any of those three.

I have two Vectors. I've been happy with them from day one. Try getting the coils as close to the chamber walls as possible.... the flavor is amazing. Also, keep you're coils just high enough so that you don't get spitback when you drip a little too heavy...

Eager to here your thoughts on it.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Hey @Tom Forde, where did you happen to get that price on an authentic Vector?
The Vector RDA by VLS *
Quick shipping too.
image.jpeg
Came inside the cardboard box as well, just a pic of the magnetic plastic box - which will soon be a box mod - to show authentic. And from initial inspection I have no doubts.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

DagMatt

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
Denver, CO

Wake'n'Vape

Oct 30, 2015
Just got mine through today and preety happy with it for the price, build quality seems decent. Can anyone recommend a nice build? Got 8 wraps of parallel 26g in there at the moment and the vape is much warmer than in my velocity, I guess it is the smaller chamber size? Would like to get a cooler build in there if anyone has any suggestions.

Attachments

• 905f8bd28442723c3da2c7edbfd28359.png
    905f8bd28442723c3da2c7edbfd28359.png
    841.3 KB · Views: 65

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
I just recieved mine today also. I just threw a 7 wrap 24g on a 3.0 mm screwdriver and its definitely a warmer vape then my velocity but I have a 24/26g twisted dual coil in there that I've thrown 140 watts at and it was still cool.

I'm definitely enjoying the flavor on this thing though and the top airflow is a nice change being able to go somewhere with a dripper and not have an entire pocket full of juice. Sometime later on I'll tinker with some bigger builds but for now im satisfied with the simple dual coil I have in there right now.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I got one of these on Monday. My first top airflow and it's been nice to vape with it. Easy to build on too. Great atty for the money, IMO. Got a Vector coming next Monday to compare the two. It will have to be really good to beat the Sapor.
Vector is very different. Much more open airflow. Very different. Very good though for me. Careful of hot vape blow back with your Vector. It has more similar draw to an aeolusv2.

I love the Sapor. I've had one on my SIG 150 for a week now. I vaped Vectors for months so they needed a rest. I love the draw on the Sapor and glad I grabbed one. I put dual spaced Claptons in it.
e3a9d862fab5ad76b544209ea5e0e17e.jpg

I really can't understand why this thing throws out such good flavor without a domed top cap and its larger upper chamber. I guess the channels intake design compresses the vape and creates all the flavor. Pretty cool. I think the overall biluild quality is on par with the vector, velocity and aeolusv2(clone).

Last edited:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Vector is very different. Much more open airflow. Very different. Very good though for me. Careful of hot vape blow back with your Vector. It has more similar draw to an aeolusv2.

I love the Sapor. I've had one on my SIG 150 for a week now. I vaped Vectors for months so they needed a rest. I love the draw on the Sapor and glad I grabbed one. I put dual spaced Claptons in it.

I really can't understand why this thing throws out such good flavor without a domed top cap and its larger upper chamber. I guess the channels intake design compresses the vape and creates all the flavor. Pretty cool. I think the overall biluild quality is on par with the vector, velocity and aeolusv2(clone).
Build quality....is your center T block raised above the negative posts? Or are they all level?

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
I have been using my Sapor for a couple months now, exclusively as my dripper. It's pretty darn awesome. I've had no center post problems (have the pink splatter model). It only pushes juice out and onto my mod if I leave the cap topside- up while dripping, and the spitting...I'm chalking that up to my coils, wattage, VG/PG ratio, and overdripping right now. I mean the juice well is humongous, if I fill it I can chain vape on the 15 minute drive home from work. Nuts for an RDA. Lower watts for no spitting with lower than 90% VG (that's hard to reach for me with my DIY nicotine, which is 50/50, and flavorings). I still bump up the wattage for fun, with careful dripping and short puffs. That's with the chuff obviously; the options of chuff, super wide bore drip, and adapter for any drip tip you want is awesome. Plus you can plug one side with cotton or whatever if you want single coil. I never got into that, though...

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas

Do you get any spitting? Do you use the chuff, what VG%, what resistance, what wattage? I want to get less spitting with my claptons, I know it's not the RDA itself

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Hi i've just bought my sapor not that long ago and i'm having a problem with it, it's linking through the peek insulator out through the 510 screw into my box mod. I've tried everything made sure the 510 screw was tightened and the insulator was not broke. please help me out with this situation, i love this RDA.
Which insulator? On the deck, or surrounding the center pin on the 510?

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
insulator on the deck, center post. Photo related.
That would be your centerpin's insulator. It's the way the Sapor is made. I've tried pulling out the center post T block but failed. It's in there strangely & moves up and down with the centerpin itself. Take out your build, turn the Sapor upside down and push the posts down against a hard surface. If your centerpost is raised above the deck posts, it should push back down. Then try to screw in the centerpin all the way. Test it after by filling it with juice or water or whatever to see if the leak still happens. If it does, wrap some Teflon tape around the 510 screw while you're screwing it in. I've tried to get the 510 insulator out, but wasn't able to get that or any part of the post assembly out (except for the centerpin screw).
Edit: it's a cheaply made atty. my advice would be to try and get a refund if possible. If not try a different top air atty like the Aeolus v2/v2 lite, or the Vector. I posted a link where you can get a vector for $19.99 a few posts up, and it's MUCH better than the Sapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread