SD Screwdriver, first impression.. Very bad.

• Thread starter nos2k
  • Start date
  • th_trl_thread_readers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I know.

I have the mini fogger, the dura-c, the jantystick, for that same reason. Ive tried the 901, and various intellicig copies, ive tried the GG, so i do have an idea of what i want.

And this is not the problem. Even IF the SD suddenly works, and it doesnt give me what say the JS gives me, then ill still be happy about it. As its not ordinary and something else. But a burnt taste, and the inability to take more than one maybe two drags before i have to drip directly on the atomizer again in order not to make it taste burnt - is NOT - what i, or anyone wants. Then its no longer a matter of taste, what liquid you use, etc - something is wrong, and i have to identify the fault. And thats what im trying to do.

Ill report back once i try a 901 atty in it, that i KNOW works.

I suspect from what you have stated that the problem is the atomizers. I was not pleased with either atomizer that came with the SD. Once I tried 901 and 4075 atomizers from different suppliers, the SD performed better than any other PV that I had tried by far at that point.

N

nos2k

I suspect from what you have stated that the problem is the atomizers. I was not pleased with either atomizer that came with the SD. Once I tried 901 and 4075 atomizers from different suppliers, the SD performed better than any other PV that I had tried by far at that point.

Actually right now my atomizers are the least of my problems. The attacks and stupidity on the SD board is more of a concern to me.

If anyone cares, this is an interesting read imho - no customer, me in this case, should be put through this just for the simple questions im asking. Nor Trog's seriously rude and "oh get the **** out of here" answer-attitude.

help.. with my SD please? - ECigScrewdriver

Ill still be fair enough to update this thread once i do try it with what appears as a working atomizer. The product shouldnt hold the blame for his forum or his own lack of customer service.

Have fun.

tdstrike

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
base of the Wasatch, Utah
Trog did offer a refund, looks like you own enuff other gear to know right away if something's working or not, take the refund and get on with it imo. Starting a post off complaining about something as meaningless as packaging and then offering your services to "help" out a guy that's doing just fine, probably wasn't the best tone to set on the forum, again, imo.
hope you get it working, they are pretty nice devices.

N

nos2k

Trog did offer a refund, looks like you own enuff other gear to know right away if something's working or not, take the refund and get on with it imo. Starting a post off complaining about something as meaningless as packaging and then offering your services to "help" out a guy that's doing just fine, probably wasn't the best tone to set on the forum, again, imo.
hope you get it working, they are pretty nice devices.

I asked for support on a support forum. I got some support, by users, and then i got trog saying "The SD Isnt for everyone, return it for a full refund and lets end the discussion".

Thats lame, and very ****ing rude. Any which way you look at it.

Anyways, i did get it working, and ill do a reply/post on it in a second.

N

nos2k

As i promised in the beginning of the thread, id keep this one updated, as i found out more about the SD.

Heres my conclusion and what i also posted on "their" board.

----

Well first of all if youre new to this, - read help.. with my SD please? - ECigScrewdriver

if you cant be arsed, - *shrug*.

I just want to say that the problems with this device HAS been many, and has NOT been my fault.

Yes, the atomizers were BOTH faulty. I discovered this just now by actually driving 10 miles to try out a working 901 atomizer. And yes, the SD is really insanely good. Which is why i bought it, so im happy with that fact.

I still think the forum ( you know who you are ) people that responded to me in the thread ( not those helping, the "other" ones ) basically needs to think a bit about what theyre doing.

I like this SD now. I wont recommend anyone ever buying one if theyre into support. Why? Cause i feel frustrated, angry and annoyed that i was THIS bad received on a friggin support forum FOR the SD, when i HAD problems with it. But if they ask me what i think of it, i will tell them that it is extremely good. Im not going to lie.

A few nice people tried to help, and by answering them, i ended up in forum-hell, basically. If you disagree, i dont care at this point - thats MY experience and a sad one at that.

I always thought of this community as one that shared stuff, and was a happy one. Now i see it differently. But then again, i might change my viewpoint, who knows.

I also saw Trog as a kind helpful person, but after airing my problems, and all he has to say (as in the thread above) is "SD is not for everyone, you can get a refund, and then we end this discussion" then .. i must admit i was shocked. How anyone can run a business and show so little care as they dont even wanna suggest a solution, or say a few comfy words, or just go "Hmm, that doesnt SOUND to be right, it must have a flaw" is beyond me.

Im not asking anyone to hold my hand. But i did buy a product where:

1) The battery coil ( the one attaching to the battery at the top of the device ) was crooked, and as such had a lose on/off connection, which in part is why this whole thing went bad.

2) I found out about the lose coil or whatever name it is in english, after i had driven 10 miles to pick up a 901 atty to test, as the TWO other attys that came with this died on me - cause the "new" one worked in a 901, but not in this. Apparently the "coil" or whatever its called, had gotten even more crooked on the drive there. So i fixed that. Only to realise that BOTH the batteries, which in the paper i got, says are precharged, were infact almost dead. And note: Ive used one of the batteries for around 40 presses, maybe 50. So again - another thing thats not my fault, and one i couldnt know / or see coming.

3) The assumptions alot of people made, when i kindly asked for help and described my problem was at the beginning the same: "Do you even know how this works", - "Do you know how to stuff a cart" - "Do you know what it means to top up" - i mean those arent exact words, but thats the general idea. Now, this might be news for you, but being treated like that is not very fun. Especially when i early on said that the problem seemed to be the atomizer, and people then constantly go on asking if IM doing it right. Yes i am.

But, all those things aside, and in order to show that i AM actually an honorable person, i will say this:

Even though my personal experience on this forum, with this device so far has sucked more than anything ive experienced in a long time, - the device itself DOES kick ....

It IS - so far- when working - every bit as good as everyone says. And that i am happy about. Afterall, i did buy it due to alot of reviews from people on here.

So - thank you for a very good product, and i hope you have the heart to see that alot of this stuff, has been misunderstandings, from both MY side, but definately also "yours".

Have a nice weekend all.

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyBren

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
Payson AZ
Well thats fine and all, but to be honest, if he has that kind of issue with his forum, - dont have a forum. Enough said.

If you can handle having your own business, you MUST be able to handle the aspects of that business. Period.

His forum is labelled "Screwdriver Support". So i am posting relevant issues in a relevant forum, created i suspect, for this purpose. If he then has ANY issues with me posting there, then its his problem not mine. And i dont mean to be rude, but i can not be expected as a customer not to use a Screwdriver Support forum, for.. support for my screwdriver.

If it turns out the atomizers are to blame, fine - so be it. Not his fault. It IS his fault however, that he has replied me ONCE in the thread i started, saying "You can return the SD, its not for everyone" basically. He could have just said "It sounds like the atomizers, you need to replace both of them" - and then i could have said "Arent they under warranty" he says "no" i say "oh well" and order new ones.

End of friggin story.

Sorry, but im just a tad annoyed at his reluctancy in helping me. As far as i can see ( and i also posted this ) im about the only one on his entire forum that has issues with the screwdriver. Isnt that MUCH more reason to actually help me get it sorted out? To show in his OWN forum, that he IS customer service minded? To me, - and mind you ive read tons of reviews on the SD, and tons of people claiming hes the worlds best guy and most decent human being to have lived, - it seems the direct opposite at the moment, with the treatment ive got. It seems like he doesnt want to help me, but would rather i just shut up, go away, and return the unit. How on _earth_ does that make me want to support his business, or in any other way even think about recommending this product to others?

And in all of this, please remember, i DID purchase the bloody thing. I did say "please help" on his forum, and i did start out nicely asking for help, saying I might be the problem but i was hoping for some guidance.

I just do not see how this is my fault, or it can be put on me to do something differently than how i did. Im actually beginning to feel slightly humiliated by the fact that i have to defend myself over a unit that doesnt work. Regardless or not if its the atomizers, - still - IF it is ( which it probably is ) the atomizers, then its hardly MY fault, as a customer to be quite surpriced that both of them fails within one hour.

Or am i completely wrong? If so please tell me and i will re-read my posts and see what i can change.

I to think it's unfair that you have not received the help you have been asking for, from the one that should be giving it. I don't think you are wrong at all..
I have notice that on here it is a good thing to praise but it is not good to do less then.. Don't get me wrong I also own a SD and I love it and I have had NO problem at all with my dealings with Trog, my unit was broken when it arrived (the switch) I sent it back (at my own expense) and he sent me out another one although I was made to feel that I had done something wrong and that this had Never happened before so why me???
I just figured I hit him on a bad day so didn't give it much thought and he did send another one out to me so all is good and I do love the unit I got. So with all that said, I do have to say that it seems that a forum that is supposed to be for the users to get advice and help and to review products are also a bit rough when all is not fine. I sure don't believe in stating false facts and don't believe in beating a dealer or a member up, I sure think that if there is an issue or a review that is not on the good side it should be delivered with some couth and fairness but I also think that if we are afraid to be honest or to bring our issues here for help without being chastised then what is the point here... After all we are or at one time were new to this and we all had to learn and we all felt overwhelmed with all the info we need to cover, so I don't think it unfair to assume the people we trust a spend our money with should be there to help when we need it.
I sure hope your SD is working good now and you are enjoying it, I felt your frustration and wanted you to know there is support. ;-)

N

nos2k

I to think it's unfair that you have not received the help you have been asking for, from the one that should be giving it. I don't think you are wrong at all..
I have notice that on here it is a good thing to praise but it is not good to do less then.. Don't get me wrong I also own a SD and I love it and I have had NO problem at all with my dealings with Trog, my unit was broken when it arrived (the switch) I sent it back (at my own expense) and he sent me out another one although I was made to feel that I had done something wrong and that this had Never happened before so why me???
I just figured I hit him on a bad day so didn't give it much thought and he did send another one out to me so all is good and I do love the unit I got. So with all that said, I do have to say that it seems that a forum that is supposed to be for the users to get advice and help and to review products are also a bit rough when all is not fine. I sure don't believe in stating false facts and don't believe in beating a dealer or a member up, I sure think that if there is an issue or a review that is not on the good side it should be delivered with some couth and fairness but I also think that if we are afraid to be honest or to bring our issues here for help without being chastised then what is the point here... After all we are or at one time were new to this and we all had to learn and we all felt overwhelmed with all the info we need to cover, so I don't think it unfair to assume the people we trust a spend our money with should be there to help when we need it.
I sure hope your SD is working good now and you are enjoying it, I felt your frustration and wanted you to know there is support. ;-)

Thank you so much. Made my night to be honest. The fact that you can see this, and took the time to write that made me feel better than when my SD kicked alive. Much better.

Thanks.

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
The way issues are handled (or not handled) can make or break a supplier, IMO. Customer service is huge - it's everything. The customer may not always be right. (Not saying this is the case with you, nos2k. In fact, by all appearances you handled yourself properly.) But the customer is always the customer.

Bad press travels much faster and further than good. People who receive bad customer service are far more likely to speak out (loudly) than those that are happy with their product or whose complaints were handled in a helpful and friendly manner.

Suppliers that don't respond to and/or handle complaints in the proper manner are just shooting themselves in the foot.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I find the situation completely opposite and that is why I chose the Screw Driver. You want to talk strange????

You think Imeo is strange!? OK I have to agree but in an loveable cute way! Thats how I ended up with buying brass end caps for the GG that I should have in my hand next week but have to wait for payday to order lol! I'll let you guys know what I think of it and the brass end caps and try some nice juices in it :)

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Carmel, I think Imeo may come across strange to some people but I do feel his heart is in the right place & he would go out of his way to help anyone having problems with the GG, hence why I am seriously considering buying one.

I bought an SD last Christmas & though I loved it, I do know that some people (via this forum & my ebay group) have had problems with it & Trog does seem to get on his high horse with anyone having issues with his product. OK I can sort of understand that, as the SD is his baby, but he really does need to learn how to deal with his customers complaints. Maybe if his business grows enough he will be able to afford to employ someone more experinced in PR?

LOL I just refreshed before posting this & found that Tribalmasters has found the exact words I was looking for :D

DrSarcasmo

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Los Angeles
Heya nos2K,

I got my SD from Trog the same day you got yours. Unlike you, I never vaped before, so I didn't REALLY know what to expect.

I unpack the SD, was pleased and amused at the packing, (I like hand built items). Assembled the SD and took a hit. Wham!!! Coughed for a minute. The primer kicked my ..... Tasted NASTY. Took a few more puffs and it mellowed out. Got a few good puffs in, and I tasted the burned taste. Topped up, tasted better.

Vaped till the next night, getting a LOT of burned taste. NASTY. Decided the atty was to blame and washed it out under hot water for a minute. Blew it out. Drained a minute. Repeated the process. Tried to vape, got steam (no wonder...LOL). Let it sit overnight on the counter.
Woke up today and took a hit. BEAUTIFUL!! Rich flavor, lots of vapor, just what I bought the SD for. A few minutes later the doorbell rang and it was the postman with my menthol and RY4 liquids. Had a ball playing with them. All vaped satisfyingly in my SD.

Now, the reason for this post will be made apparent. I like Trog. He's a cranky ......., the same as myself. He's been slagged numerous times by folks who are fanboys of other products. He's a small business person, hand building each SD. The EXACT reason I purchased one. And I suspect the same reason YOU purchased a SD.

I really liked that you gave a good review of the SD, despite being treated poorly. I also sympathize with you on the initial performance issues. I'm pleased we both worked them out.

I sincerely hope you and Trog work things out, as I believe you are an asset to the SD community.

Dickie

N

nos2k

Heya nos2K,

I got my SD from Trog the same day you got yours. Unlike you, I never vaped before, so I didn't REALLY know what to expect.

I unpack the SD, was pleased and amused at the packing, (I like hand built items). Assembled the SD and took a hit. Wham!!! Coughed for a minute. The primer kicked my ..... Tasted NASTY. Took a few more puffs and it mellowed out. Got a few good puffs in, and I tasted the burned taste. Topped up, tasted better.

Vaped till the next night, getting a LOT of burned taste. NASTY. Decided the atty was to blame and washed it out under hot water for a minute. Blew it out. Drained a minute. Repeated the process. Tried to vape, got steam (no wonder...LOL). Let it sit overnight on the counter.
Woke up today and took a hit. BEAUTIFUL!! Rich flavor, lots of vapor, just what I bought the SD for. A few minutes later the doorbell rang and it was the postman with my menthol and RY4 liquids. Had a ball playing with them. All vaped satisfyingly in my SD.

Now, the reason for this post will be made apparent. I like Trog. He's a cranky ......., the same as myself. He's been slagged numerous times by folks who are fanboys of other products. He's a small business person, hand building each SD. The EXACT reason I purchased one. And I suspect the same reason YOU purchased a SD.

I really liked that you gave a good review of the SD, despite being treated poorly. I also sympathize with you on the initial performance issues. I'm pleased we both worked them out.

I sincerely hope you and Trog work things out, as I believe you are an asset to the SD community.

Dickie

Thanks. I like your last line in this sentence, and the fact that he banned me twice now from his forums - not to mention all the ongoing crap in the other threads.

All water under the bridge soon though, i hope. Anyways, thanks for your story and im glad you like your SD, and that you took time to post here.

N

nos2k

Oh nos2K, if you are an analog menthol smoker, I worked out a PERFECT menthol recipe for American Spirit Menthol's in an SD. At least in the throat hit department. The flavor is nice and mellow too...If yer interested, just ask, I'll be posting the recipe in the DIY E-Liquids forum...

Dickie

I am not a menthol analog - / or was / - but id be interested in it anyways, - i have been thinking of going menthol ( muahha ) on the e-cigs anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread