The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Searching Mech Mod (Parallel or Series)

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by Ammonarrow, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Your wrong. Mooch goes by the manufacturer's continuous discharge rating. The exception is when the manufacturer (usually an aftermarket manufacturer) exaggerates their ridiculous discharge rating, and then he estimates what the real CDR should be.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ammonarrow

Ammonarrow Full Member

Oct 3, 2017
    I know that manufacturers rate their batteries sometimes unsafe, I know that.
    That is why I use Sony VTC5A ONLY (ofc original).
    How about the pulse rating of Samsung 25R at 100 Amps?

3. papergoblin

papergoblin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    You are wrong here, temperature is not the only dangerous thing. Temperature is a sign of how hard the battery may be working.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ammonarrow

Ammonarrow Full Member

Oct 3, 2017
    You will not get 4.2 above like .5 Amps of load. A 2 Amp load will give you 150mah at 4 Volts and then it drops down to 3.9 and so on

5. Ammonarrow

Ammonarrow Full Member

Oct 3, 2017
    BUT he wont put 60 Amps continuously on a battery does he? I guess he starts slowly, and if it gets too hot, he will break the test and put down resistance

6. Ammonarrow

Ammonarrow Full Member

Oct 3, 2017
    Again, what do you (everyone asked) recommend as a safe, fast hitting build?

7. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    In series you're doubling the voltage so ohms have to be twice as high as a single battery. For .5 ohm coil 7.2/.5 = 14.4A where 3.6/.5=7.2A I wouldn't go under .5 ohms in series because I don't want to over stress my batteries

8. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ammonarrow

Ammonarrow Full Member

Oct 3, 2017
  10. papergoblin

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    You aren't listening. The battery (18650) fully charged is 4.2 volts, PERIOD (unless you have bad batteries or charger). Your build resistance has nothing to do with voltage, it determines what the load will be on the battery (AMPS).

.25 coil at 4.2v is 16.80 amps
    .40 coil at 4.2v is 10.50 amps

.25 coil at 8.4v is 33.60 amps
    .40 coil at 8.4v is 21 amps

I suggest you read up on how a vaping calculator works as well as ohms law, you clearly do not understand how the equations are done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. papergoblin

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    Yeah watch the first video like we told you, that is explained. It is for electronic pack building, it's saying the batteries can take a surge/pulse of whatever amps BUT....They won't like it and will never be the same afterwards aka----DAMAGED!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ammonarrow

Ammonarrow Full Member

Oct 3, 2017
    Of course resistance has to do with voltage. If you have a Coil Master Tab, then put in a fully charged battery and a 1 Ohm Build. And start firing it and look at the voltage its showing (I know not accurate but enough for the purpose so no real meter needed). Then put in a .3 Build and look at voltage again (charge battery between tests).

Oh and I know the Ohms Law. Plus I have a calc on my phone.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Ammonarrow

Ammonarrow Full Member

Oct 3, 2017
    I know that 100amps is ridiculous, just wanted to point this out, cause it is rated by Samsung themselfes.

14. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    If Samsung lists a pulse rating, then they are assuming their batteries are going to be used in a battery pack with a battery management system. You don't have that in your mech, so the pulse rating is useless as far as you are concerned.

Samsung, Lg, Sony et al are not making batteries for end users like us, they design their batteries to be used in battery packs with battery management systems.

Again, use only the CDR of the battery. The CDR is the standard spec used throughout the legitimate battery industry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ammonarrow

Ammonarrow Full Member

Oct 3, 2017
    Okay. Wasnt informed about that. Thanks. Lets end this fckin argument. I will be more concerned about my batteries.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. papergoblin

Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    The voltage is what your coil tab has, not your mod. A mechanical mod works with what power the battery has, no electronics (your meter has electronics) and may limit to 3.7 volts. Changing a coil resistance does not change how much power (voltage) a battery has stored in it or can out put.

So no you don't understand ohms law and/or how mechs work vs regulated devices (coil tab is regulated).

That rating is not for end users like us nor for our application of the batteries. That rating is for equipment in event of a power loss or surge, just meaning the battery can take a hit 1 time and 1 time only, then should be destroyed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ammonarrow

Ammonarrow Full Member

Oct 3, 2017
    Ever heard of hard hitting mods? Thats because it has a little voltage drop. Copper or Silver are the best ones. However there is nothing perfect, thats ehy you wont get 4.2 Volt

18. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Yes but unless something is very very wrong it’s measured in microvolts and is generally not worth doing the math for it might maybe take a tenth of an ohm in a really severe situation bad enough to spontaneously drain batteries in a day or so

• Like Like x 1
  19. entropy1049

entropy1049 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

To answer your question without delving into the guts of this thread? A single 18650 tube mod, with your healthy VTC5A Sony cell can support an atomizer resistance build of 0.17 ohms.

Understand how to use a Kelvin Bridge to accurately determine resistances below one ohm to the hundredth place? If not, the answer is “0.2” on your resistance measuring device.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ammonarrow

Ammonarrow Full Member

Oct 3, 2017
    Meant fast ramp up, sorry.
    I have to admit that I dont have any plan about coils. Which are good (Clapton, Alien and so on) and which arent so... I know that less wire means faster ramp up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.